• ...and so much more!
  • Do you own a Blue Gun?

• Total voters

BIX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    I see little to no value in Training Weapons.

Do you do weapon retention/disarm training with working guns? Not taking a shot - I'm genuinely curious. It seems like you would get sliced to ribbons on the sights.

I purchased my first blue (orange) gun because it was on the "required gear" list for a CQT class that did a lot of retention/disarm work. Even that was a little sharp until I hit it with some sandpaper :D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I own a blue magazine. Its solid polymer with weights inside so it feels like a loaded magazine. I bought it to familiarize people who had never held a handgun with the handling, loading unloading etc. Using that Mag first then switching to a real Mag with snap caps has worked pretty well to safely train someone that has never touched a handgun.

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I was rethinking the expense of a training gun when I realized that I spent more on ammunition yesterday at the range than the cost of a Blackhawk Orange Gun. Might as well get one. If nothing else, the training one can help keep the shape of my leather holster when I have the real one locked up.

Top Bottom