• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    FYI, dom is talking specifically about member of this forum group: INGunOwners - OC'ers

rather than everyone on INGO that happens to OC.

I haven't even looked at any of those groups in a long time, but they were a bit more popular years ago.

I didnt know that those people had no idea what I was talking about.

Thanks ATM.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    FYI, dom is talking specifically about members of this forum group: INGunOwners - OC'ers

Yeah, that's one of the things that jumped out as being a group that is probably not representative of the whole. I would tend to THINK that OCers, especially those who speak up about it and who we KNOW as OCers, tend to be pretty active 2a and gun guys and are probably training more than any randomly picked group, OC or CC. I wouldn't dispute the conclusion, just the assumption that the group in question is representative of the larger community of OCers.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    FYI, dom is talking specifically about members of this forum group: INGunOwners - OC'ers

I haven't even looked at any of those groups in a long time, but they were a bit more popular years ago.
    I did'nt even know there was an OC Group. Then again i'm not much into the whole group scene.

I think most of them get started but then participation in them eventually fades away. I think there's even a few members in that group that are no longer with us.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Yeah, that's one of the things that jumped out as being a group that is probably not representative of the whole. I would tend to THINK that OCers, especially those who speak up about it and who we KNOW as OCers, tend to be pretty active 2a and gun guys and are probably training more than any randomly picked group, OC or CC. I wouldn't dispute the conclusion, just the assumption that the group in question is representative of the larger community of OCers.

I hear ya, but I am just givin it the old "5 minutes of work, any more aint worth it" thing, and a list of OCers easily available seemed the way to go.

Its not like I am publishing it in a journal or anything.

Better than spitting into the wind eh?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I hear ya, but I am just givin it the old "5 minutes of work, any more aint worth it" thing, and a list of OCers easily available seemed the way to go.

Its not like I am publishing it in a journal or anything.

Better than spitting into the wind eh?

I'm with you, and generally agree with your posts, just trying to keep this from becoming internet "fact". "It's proven that OCers take more training than CCers, I've seen the numbers!"

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've taken training in the past, but none this year so far.

Money has gone to funding an AR, so that I can take advantage of carbine training with co-workers who are pretty skilled.

Scutter hit the nail on the head earlier, about having a variety of tools. I need better hand to hand training. After some self assesment, I can not do that yet because I'm not physically capable. The biggest focus for me RIGHT NOW, is to get in better physical conditition.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm with you, and generally agree with your posts, just trying to keep this from becoming internet "fact". "It's proven that OCers take more training than CCers, I've seen the numbers!"
    AW why not? All the "OC bashers" seem to pull random "facts" out of their arses. :D Why can't we do it too? ;)

:laugh:

Top Bottom