• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elkrock777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    I work the graveyard in a machine shop. Not supposed to, but im basically alone, 2 other guys in a different part of bldg. No a/c the shop doors are wide open, this is in a questionable neighborhood soooo need I say more:)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Store rules do not allow us to carry. My department manager and I were discussing this yesterday. He seemed a little perturbed when I pointed out that not allowing us guns, when the guns we sell are a known target, is negligent, and that either I or my wife (if I didn't survive) fully intended to sue the store for their negligence if we were ever robbed. He got more perturbed when he started talking about certain emergency and security measures, which included me going to the scene of the problem and I told him that simply would not be happening. Told him that #1 I wasn't paid enough to provide the type of emergency response services he was talking about. I'm certainly willing to, but it'd cost them more than they pay. My resume supports the extra dollars. Further, seeing as how they've disarmed me I have absolutely zero intention of going to a scene with a disturbed person that is very possibly armed and trying to subdue them. I'm heading out whatever door is in the opposite direction. They don't like it, they can pay for my services, and let me have my gun :)

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Store rules do not allow us to carry. My department manager and I were discussing this yesterday. He seemed a little perturbed when I pointed out that not allowing us guns, when the guns we sell are a known target, is negligent, and that either I or my wife (if I didn't survive) fully intended to sue the store for their negligence if we were ever robbed. He got more perturbed when he started talking about certain emergency and security measures, which included me going to the scene of the problem and I told him that simply would not be happening. Told him that #1 I wasn't paid enough to provide the type of emergency response services he was talking about. I'm certainly willing to, but it'd cost them more than they pay. My resume supports the extra dollars. Further, seeing as how they've disarmed me I have absolutely zero intention of going to a scene with a disturbed person that is very possibly armed and trying to subdue them. I'm heading out whatever door is in the opposite direction. They don't like it, they can pay for my services, and let me have my gun :)

Just out of curiosity what type of store do you work in? Department,sporting goods, food? Not that it matters, just curious. :)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've thought about carrying a small pistol in my pocket but if I were to be found out, I'd get fired. I love my job (and need it) so the idea getting fired doesn't sit too well with me. I won't rule it out but I'm not ready yet either.
    I carry a taurus PT745 in a pocket holster, with a loose fitting pair of pants, you can't tell I'm packin. In the summer time, I wear baggy shorts with deep front pockets. Never been "outted".

Top Bottom