• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I keep one locked in the car. Used to carry at work but since new policy doesn't allow us to carry while on duty on company property. Sucks since it's third shift in a really crappy area with shots fired regularly. Not to mention the dopers and prostitutes that have wondered onto the lot and even in the shop.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I carry everynight at work , I make deliveries to retail establishments , behind their stores , not exactly known for their lighting , I prefer to go home every day , rather than be a victim.
    As far as company policy , what they don't know , won't hurt them , and if forced to use my weapon , atleast I will be able to find another job.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    I do carry at work. Deep Concealment only. I use a belly band holster since I have to keep my shirt tucked in. I have a desk job, but occasionally work with the public on our sales floor.

There are no policies one way or the other in our handbook and I have the blessing of my boss - as long as it is concealed.

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    Were not suppose to have firearms on the property, even in our cars, but I always keep mine locked in the glovebox. On very rare occasions, I do carry inside when doing security, but even our security personnel are not "suppose" to carry.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I work for a California based company that has a ridiculous policy that states no weapons of any kind either in work or when conducting company business. It also says 'Weapons cannot be possessed on your person, in your car, or anywhere else'. I don't even know what '...or anywhere else' means. It's so ambiguous that it's probably unenforceable. Technically, I'm in violation by having a gun in the house if I take a conference call at home while on vacation.

There's too dang many west coast morons in the company right now.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    I work for a California based company that has a ridiculous policy that states no weapons of any kind either in work or when conducting company business. It also says 'Weapons cannot be possessed on your person, in your car, or anywhere else'. I don't even know what '...or anywhere else' means. It's so ambiguous that it's probably unenforceable. Technically, I'm in violation by having a gun in the house if I take a conference call at home while on vacation.

There's too dang many west coast morons in the company right now.

The company I work for has a very similar policy. I violate it every day.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I do carry my gun at work, though I am not allowed to. I'm an auto-control tech for my company and I work out of an office that is in a not-so-nice neighborhood (not far from 38th and MLK). Monday mornings, the 10-15 guys from the maint crews are at the office, outside of that, it's just me or 1-3 other people. Those 1-3 other people amount to my boss, the 3rd gen owner of the company (both of whom I've told I carry and they said they understand though they cannot give permission for it) and our elec engineer. Each of these three either carry on their person during the day or at least have their weapon in their trucks. In the duty's of my job, I travel to any of 43 different plants across the state. When I go to one of these plants, I leave it in the truck, other than that it's always on my side.

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Now that I am not on a work computer, I can post that I do in fact carry at times at my place of work. I work at a desk, and there are the occassional times when I am required to do a FTF conference with a defendant. Now, when that defendant is someone who has threatened, in graphic detail, how they are going to find me and kill me, I tend to take that somewhat seriously. Ruger LCP deep-concealed for me. Also, working in Merrillville has it's issues all in itself.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Carry every day. Employee handbook says " No illegal weapons", so since I have LTCH I am legal. Have mostly a desk job but am in the shop frequently. Wear a vest every day, just my "look" and it hides whatever I carry. If I showed up without the vest, everyone would think something was wrong. Vest is great for having a place to carry all the other necessary stuff like cell-phone, calculator, business cards, tape measure, etc.
    The carry piece of the day is a CZ97B but is often a 1911 or even a 6 1/2" N Frame.

Dems some big guns! Shoulder holsters for the 97b & N frame?

Top Bottom