• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Seeing how I work on an Air Force Base I don't think it would be wise to carry. Honestly I wouln't carry at any job, in the car, yes but not on my person.

You would at some of the places I have to work! :D

Should have added that I am a service tech. and I make house calls. Some of those houses are in some very bad locations and repairing items damaged by a firearm is not infrequent.

Last edited:

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    I don't work anymore as I retired. I worked for the state and it was not allowed. And ask anyone who knows me well and they will tell you that I would NEVER have done anything to break their rules

Tenacious1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My company's attitude is don't ask don't tell. I work mostly at a desk. It stays mostly in my truck. When it gets late or weekends, we snuggle if you know what I mean.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I used to carry before I became an Indiana resident (thank you out of state carry license), now im just waiting for the LTCH (currently on week 8 or so) so I can start doing it again.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Company policy forbids weapons of any kind, so, well, there you go. Big-time victim policy around here. It actually states that family members or guests cannot have weapons if they are dropping you off in the parking lot. It is amazing what they think is enforceable!

BTW: I drive a desk for a D.C -based, international software company, and work in an office building in an office park with public parking.

So it's not on private property???

I carry everyday. I'm self-employed and I probably routinely violate the wishes of individuals who don't want guns in their homes. But since they don't put such restrictions in the showing instructions....

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I work in a factory, and I'm one of the few who has a fixed work area, I don't always have it on me, but I keep it close by at all times. It's not allowed according to the company rule book, but if a particularly squirrely person happens to get fired, the plant manager always comes and tells me to "keep an eye on things". He has one in his office too.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Work in sales and carry every day when I am in Indiana or a state with reciprocity. G27 with a Crossbreed IWB holster and shirt tucked in and around.;)
    only States in my normal territory I can't are :xmad: Illinois and Ohio.Looking to take the Utah permit class and eliminate one of those.

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    My company makes us sign a policy statement that includes no guns on the property, no fixed blade knives and no folding knives with blades over 3".

I am a technical trainer so my job is a mixture of desk work and hands-on.

This is the primary weapon I carry at work (Emerson CQC-14).

CQC14_art.jpg

moz-screenshot.png
    moz-screenshot-1.png

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    carry a pocket pistol, in your pocket, keep your mouth shut and no issues will arise.

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    carry a pocket pistol, in your pocket, keep your mouth shut and no issues will arise.

I've thought about carrying a small pistol in my pocket but if I were to be found out, I'd get fired. I love my job (and need it) so the idea getting fired doesn't sit too well with me. I won't rule it out but I'm not ready yet either.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    If I were to get fired for carrying at work, I would make a big deal out of it. I hold my rights as an American higher than the policy of a corporation regulating its employees. I can think of a few people who would boycott said company if I were to reveal that they have me working alone from 10pm to 9am in a bad part of town with no locking doors, and not allowed to protect myself. You bet your ass I have a gun and, job be damned, I will use it if I have to.

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    If I were to get fired for carrying at work, I would make a big deal out of it. I hold my rights as an American higher than the policy of a corporation regulating its employees. I can think of a few people who would boycott said company if I were to reveal that they have me working alone from 10pm to 9am in a bad part of town with no locking doors, and not allowed to protect myself. You bet your ass I have a gun and, job be damned, I will use it if I have to.

I completely agree with what you said except I work 8AM to 5 PM in a secured building, in a nice part of town. The company also has about 40K employees worldwide so I don't think a local protest would make much difference. If I felt unsafe or worked odd hours, I would carry whether it was against company policy or not.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Self employed business owner. Indiana lifetime LTCH and Utah CC permit. I make my own rules and stay out of Illinois.

hunterft6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Noblesville/Fishers
    I've thought about carrying a small pistol in my pocket but if I were to be found out, I'd get fired. I love my job (and need it) so the idea getting fired doesn't sit too well with me. I won't rule it out but I'm not ready yet either.

You just need to find the right carry combination. If you are smart about it, nobody will ever even know you are carrying.

Top Bottom