• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My current job no I dont carry while inside, but it stays in my truck in a lockbox. I have had jobs in the past that I carried while at work. It was against company policy, but they never knew, thank you Keltec.:D

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Part owner, large fab shop, blue and white collar. Carry every day, as do most of our employees (60+). Shoulder rig, G20 or Ruger revolver on the floor. Conceal for customer days.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I do carry at work. Deep Concealment only. I use a belly band holster since I have to keep my shirt tucked in. I have a desk job, but occasionally work with the public on our sales floor.

How do you like the belly band? Do you carry a full-size handgun? I, too, am required to keep my shirt tucked in, and haven't found anything yet that's satisfactory and comfortable, to carry my M&P45. I am constantly bending and stopping, and my shirt often comes partially untucked.

To date, I've been limited to carrying my pocket pistol while at work, and keeping my full-size locked in a cabinet at work. I can't leave anything in my car, since I work downtown, usually late at night, and must park several blocks from where I work. I figure the odds are excellent that if I leave a firearm in my car, I am merely arming the thugs who regularly break in cars. It's REALLY irresponsible of me to leave it in my car.

I can always find another job, but if someone stole my pistol and it was used in a crime, I'd have that on my conscience forever. And if I didn't carry at all, the odds are good that my son would be fatherless for the rest of his life. Neither is really acceptable in my opinion.

Anyway, a belly band holster SEEMS like it might be a good choice, but I have doubts about comfort with a full-size pistol.

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    I am constantly bending and stopping, and my shirt often comes partially untucked...Anyway, a belly band holster SEEMS like it might be a good choice, but I have doubts about comfort with a full-size pistol.

I used to wear an ankle holster when I had a suit/tie job. Conceals great with dress pants (baggy cuffs and how often do you look at ppl's ankles). When I lived in DC (handguns still illegal :xmad:) I wore a boot knife instead. Obviously not possible to use ankle with larger pistols...why I love my kel-tec p11.

fwacfred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    MYRTLE BEACH
    Currently in college full time but carry every time I am in class. I even carry while at the Public Safety Academy where I have two classes. Glock 36 with two spare mags in a DeSantis IWB holster. PSA specifically states LEO's are exempt from the no carry provision. So I am good to go there.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    At my old job I worked thirds in a warehouse doing printing downtown... Employee hand book said no, my supervisor said if no one knew... then no one knew... if I had to defend myself, it was a good thing I brought it that night... for the first time.

Since then I have had jobs where it was in the car and others I could carry from time to time. The last few years working for myself it was highly encouraged to carry. ;->

sparkeymat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    DeMotte,IN
    I use to carry every day at work. I'm a union electrician and sometimes didn't work in the nicest places. In February I started working at one of the mills for a contractor and can't even have it in my car now. Otherwise I would have it on me at all times.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Are you able to carry your gun on you while your at work? If so, do you? If you do, what do you do? I want to see if you have a desk job or if your sweating it out as a blue collar.

As soon as my LTCH is in, I certainly will be. I did before, when I was licensed back in '00.

I work for a small software company as a programmer, and the boss is very pro-2A so it's no problem. In fact, everyone here was glad I was carrying back when I did. :)

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    I have a desk job, and the plant where I work has a 'no weapons' policy. BUT... I don't work for the company (contractor), so not really sure of my status. Have started carrying regularly; concealed is concealed!!!!

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    .... Those 1-3 other people amount to my boss, the 3rd gen owner of the company (both of whom I've told I carry and they said they understand though they cannot give permission for it) and our elec engineer. Each of these three either carry on their person during the day or at least have their weapon in their trucks....
    How does that square? If he's the owner, and he carries, how can he not give you permission to carry?

My employer requires us to be armed at all times while working. We will get fired if we do not. We all OC at that.
    yeah, the JBT handbook differs considerably from my company's.

I do not carry into my work. At numerous times throughout the day, I have to pass through a metal detector. My wife prefers that I maintain gainful employment, and lighting up like a christmas tree would probably change that status. I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of a G27 in my car on any given day, however.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Job on University property. Can't carry while working, can't keep it in the car, not even after July 1.:xmad: I feel so safe!! :rolleyes:

Isn't uni property different than K-12? I've carried at IUPUI countless times, if this is illegal I'd better find out quickly.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I CC a full size XDm .40 in a Crossbreed Supertuck everyday. I typically wear a golf shirt, untucked. It's technically considered a desk job, but there are times where I'm in and out of various places throughout the day. I even messed up once and CC'd into the post office. :dunno: Honestly, I forgot that I was wearing it!

At times, the boss has OC his Colt 1911, so it's not an issue at all. You've gotta love small family businesses, even though I'm not really part of the family.

Top Bottom