• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Are you able to carry your gun on you while your at work? If so, do you? If you do, what do you do? I want to see if you have a desk job or if your sweating it out as a blue collar.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Well...seeing as I'm at work right now I can't really answer that :D I work for a law firm. I DID check the employee handbook and there is absolutely nothing about carrying a firearm on premises, so therefore I think I would have a good argument in terms of permissibility if it were ever investigated. The only thing that I could find was a somewhat unrelated subsection stating any threats against another employee will cause instant termination.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Carry every day. Employee handbook says " No illegal weapons", so since I have LTCH I am legal. Have mostly a desk job but am in the shop frequently. Wear a vest every day, just my "look" and it hides whatever I carry. If I showed up without the vest, everyone would think something was wrong. Vest is great for having a place to carry all the other necessary stuff like cell-phone, calculator, business cards, tape measure, etc.
    The carry piece of the day is a CZ97B but is often a 1911 or even a 6 1/2" N Frame.

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy
    Nope, not even after July 1st. Eli Lilly is one of a few different companies exempt from the new bill that was passed.:noway:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Company policy forbids weapons of any kind, so, well, there you go. Big-time victim policy around here. It actually states that family members or guests cannot have weapons if they are dropping you off in the parking lot. It is amazing what they think is enforceable!

BTW: I drive a desk for a D.C -based, international software company, and work in an office building in an office park with public parking.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I carry at work which until school is out is a restaurant. Our employee handbook says something along the lines of only security personal or those permitted by law may carry. I take that as im allowed to. though it is always with an ankle holster when working

Top Bottom