• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Hell no! All I'm concerned with is preventing harm to myself or my loved ones, once the threat is no longer a threat, I really don't care where the BG goes, as long as it's away from me (or me away from the BG, whichever the case may be).

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    No. I don't carry them. But I have handcuffs hanging from one of my drum sets. Along with a ball gag.

Wth man,

images

:wrongdoor:

I don't carry cuffs, but I always have duct tape, para cord and Zip Ties available......

J K Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    No!
    If you are in a situation where you need to pull a gun you better be ready and willing to use it.
    It's a weapon not a bargaining chip.
    If used properly handcuffs will not be needed.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    If you want to be a policeman with the legal protection that goes with it, become a policeman.

Running around with handcuffs sounds pseudo-vigilante, like you're looking to arrest people, versus being put in the position of having to stop something unexpected from happening and making a citizens arrest.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    also like mentioned you can be sued and honestly i believe charges can be filed against you for holding someone against there will like that. if you hold them at gun point until the police get there that is fine but once you put them in cuffs i believe you just committed a crime.

me personally i don't understand why you would even try. like mentioned above be a good witness. if you decide to try and stop a robbery not only will you possibly be shot but so could other innocent bystanders. the business has insurance for just this reason.

now if he is trying to take something from you or your family then by all means fight back.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Nope, I don't carry handcuffs. But...

I was leaving my apartment to go on a date one night and my roommate told me to have fun. I turned to my roommate and said "That reminds me, do you have any handcuffs I can borrow? I only own two pairs..."

Shoulda seen the look on his face!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Nope, but I still own two sets. An American Peerless and pair a got from a Polizei buddy of mine while stationed in Heilbronn, Germany. I used to use them when pulling LE duty here in CONUS because they take a different style key. I figured most BG's who would think to have a cuff key on them, wouldn't have the right one for those.

I doubt that I would ever even think to try to detain an BG now if something happened. If my sidearm was needed it would be used. If not, then it's the witness stand for me. I'm not the bullet proof idiot I thought I was in my younger days ;)

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Your LTCH is not designed to give you vigilante or cop-like abilities. You defend yourself, that is it. You are not carrying a gun to make arrests, you are carrying to get home alive. If someone attacks you and you can get home without harming them, great. If you can get home without harming them, but they get away, bummer, BUT YOU ARE STILL ALIVE. Dont forget that last part.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Not unless your LEO. It's best to just be a good witness unless your forced to put the dirtbag down.

Top Bottom