Do normal people care about Indiana being last state to outlaw alcohol on Sunday

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well at least I work in Michigan. I feel bad for you guy and gals not close to a state line.

I feel bad for you. I can buy a 30 pack of PBR and toss 'em back and hurl the dead solders out the window without losing my deposit.

I was in Wisconsin this weekend. Can you believe the liquor stores close at 9 pm? I was forced to buy on Sunday because I couldn't buy on Saturday.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm having a glass of wine to celebrate this....oh wait...I hope I don't run out on Sunday.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm having a glass of wine to celebrate this....oh wait...I hope I don't run out on Sunday.

You could buy more on Saturday.

INGO, a place with its own subforum dedicated to stockpiling.

INGO, a place that throws a toddler's fit when told to buy beer on Saturday instead of Sunday.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

INGO, a place that throws a toddler's fit when told to buy beer on Saturday instead of Sunday.

I think I have two more boxes in the closet...adult juice boxes. I'd hate to have to tap into the good stuff.

Stockpiling booze is good. It is good bartering stuff...everybody seems to like their booze. I rate it up there with a good supply of ammo.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

INGO. A place that throws a toddler's fit when they can't when they cant buy cop killer bullets.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Stockpiling booze is good. It is good bartering stuff...everybody seems to like their booze. I rate it up there with a good supply of ammo.

1c6632e4038cff32f89962fb00a4886c.jpg

Guns and wine, a winning combination for centuries.

INGO. A place that throws a toddler's fit when they can't when they cant buy cop killer bullets.

INGO. A place that make inane arguments that obtusely confuse the separate issues of constitutional rights and policy.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

INGO. A place that make inane arguments that obtusely confuse the separate issues of constitutional rights and policy.

I could use a wine cellar like that. I am running out of cabinet space for my cordials and liqueurs I have been making. I may have to start hauling stuff out to the root cellar.

INGO - A place where people come together to help people they have never met when one is in need. Baldguy's daughter is a perfect example of this.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Ingo. The place that loves to use the same arguments they supposedly loathe to prop up their own brand of statism.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ingo. The place that loves to use the same arguments they supposedly loathe to prop up their own brand of statism.

*sigh* There are constitutional rights and then there is policy. Reasonable people can disagree about policy questions, e.g. booze sales.

Some of the monkeys in the cage don't want to sell more booze on Sunday because they are getting bananas under the table, or The Children, or because they honestly think that it is what their voters want.

Ok, it will be back and we'll take it up again. There is no right to booze. Government, specifically we in the state, get to make that call.

Following the rule of law is not statist, it is legal and respectful of all the monkeys.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Rubbish. The only monkey that are benefiting with today's debacle are the monkey's in the liquor lobby and the liquor stores. They spread out all the bananas they could to your ape buddies and got their way, even though the majority of us out here wanted Sunday sales.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Rubbish. The only monkey that are benefiting with today's debacle are the monkey's in the liquor lobby and the liquor stores. They spread out all the bananas they could to your ape buddies and got their way, even though the majority of us out here wanted Sunday sales.

Natural, inalienable, God given rights are only what 51% of the people say they are.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The only monkey that are benefiting with today's debacle are the monkey's in the liquor lobby and the liquor stores.

Shocking that politics is taking place during this session of the General Assembly.

They spread out all the bananas they could to your ape buddies and got their way, even though the majority of us out here wanted Sunday sales.

And they won fair and square. It's a fight. If you fight, you won't win everytime.

Natural, inalienable, God given rights are only what 51% of the people say they are.

And the source of this right to sell booze on Sundays would be?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Shocking that politics is taking place during this session of the General Assembly.

And they won fair and square. It's a fight. If you fight, you won't win everytime.

And the source of this right to sell booze on Sundays would be?

What is the source for any natural, inalienable, God given rights?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What is the source for any natural, inalienable, God given rights?

The Supreme Court recognizes multiple sources. Where is this source of this right to sell booze on Sunday that is no doubt in the penumbra somewhere lying about and would trump the structural police power of the state?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The Supreme Court recognizes multiple sources. Where is this source of this right to sell booze on Sunday that is no doubt in the penumbra somewhere lying about and would trump the structural police power of the state?

Where does the supreme court derive God given rights? Were the justices gathered on a mountain top and they were etched on stone tablets?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Where does the supreme court derive God given rights? Were the justices gathered on a mountain top and they were etched on stone tablets?

I do not have time to teach you Constitutional Law, but the Supreme Court looks where they say they do, from the text of the Constitution, from the structure of the Constitution, from history, inter alia.

Natural, inalienable, God given rights only exist if 51% of the people say they do.

Where is your natural, inalienable, God-give right to sell booze? I have repeatedly asked you, yet you run like a Libertarian facing a question.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Well, according to Benjamin Franklin, wine is evidence that God loves us, and that he wants to see us happy.

Benjamin Franklin said:
    We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana, as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy!
    - Memoirs of the Life and Writings of Benjamin Franklin, by his grandson, William Temple Franklin, 1819

Top Bottom