Do normal people care about Indiana being last state to outlaw alcohol on Sunday

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That would be 180 out from my experience. Cheapest places I've seen are Aldi's or Kroger's. The dedicated places have better selection in the larger cities but the prices are never lower.

Maybe you just have to know the owner? Most stuff there is the same or less than CVS or WalMart and they have good sales. If I am making my fruit concoctions and need more than a bottle or two of something in particular, I just go in and order a case and she gives me a case price.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I didn't read through the thread, but I support an increase in freedom. I've been annoyed by the ban on Sunday alcohol sales many times. Imagine returning home on Sunday evening after spending the weekend out of town. You're ready to relax after a long drive, but you discover that you are out of beer...and the only reason you can't go down to the local liquor store and buy some is because of stupid gov't regulations. I don't know about the rest of you, but that just really pisses me off. If there is no victim, there is no crime. The ban on Sunday alcohol sales is a regulation without merit.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I right there with you, but please understand you can still buy beer on Sunday from a brewery, up to 2 cases.

Beer exception: how to purchase cold beer in Indiana on Sundays

And if you're one of the many people in Indiana that do not live near a brewery you are **** outta luck. Most of us live reasonably near a liquor store or grocery that carries alcohol (or would carry alcohol under fairer circumstances). The same cannot be said of breweries. Your argument really holds no water. Once again, the majority in this state have been held hostage by a well paying minority lobby.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You're argument really holds no water.

No argument. I'm telling INGO what the facts are. Some on INGO don't like it when I do that and they get all *****y like junior high school girls, but the fact is that one can buy beer on Sundays, up to 576 ounces.

Indiana has many breweries that sell beer on Sunday (and the list grows with each passing month) and much of the state is within 30 minutes or less driving time.

Once again, the majority in this state have been held hostage by a well paying minority lobby.

Yes, the liquor stores fight. If you want to change the law, fight harder. Until then, we can ***** like pre-teens or we can just buy beer on Sunday legally.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    And if you're one of the many people in Indiana that do not live near a brewery you are **** outta luck. Most of us live reasonably near a liquor store or grocery that carries alcohol (or would carry alcohol under fairer circumstances). The same cannot be said of breweries. Your argument really holds no water. Once again, the majority in this state have been held hostage by a well paying minority lobby.

Your points are mostly valid, but he certainly wasn't trying to argue, he was trying to help us out by pointing out a little known exception that can help some of us until the law gets changed. I didn't know about that exception and there is a brewery a few miles from the place I rent here in Indy.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thanks Kirk, I did not know this. It's definitely better than nothing. I would rep you if I could :yesway:

The explosive growth in Indiana breweries has been remarkable. Indiana beer wins international praise. If you tell me where you live, I can give you some breweries to check out.

I understand Mr. J's frustration, but pro-Sunday sales were simply out played by those fighting to save a governmentally-enforced fence. Until it is repealed, we can buy beer legally on Sunday. We just need to be educated.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I didn't read through the thread, but I support an increase in freedom. I've been annoyed by the ban on Sunday alcohol sales many times. Imagine returning home on Sunday evening after spending the weekend out of town. You're ready to relax after a long drive, but you discover that you are out of beer...and the only reason you can't go down to the local liquor store and buy some is because of stupid gov't regulations. I don't know about the rest of you, but that just really pisses me off. If there is no victim, there is no crime. The ban on Sunday alcohol sales is a regulation without merit.

I hear ya... I don't even drink any more and it bugs the **** out of me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's funny to me that the liquor lobby has so much power in this state to kill such a bill.

It's actually the combination of the liquor store lobby (wholesalers didn't take a side on this one) and the teetotalers - MADD and others (like my rep :xmad:) that warn against the deleterious effects of al-kee-hawl.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Negative rep for making imagine that nightmarish scene! :nailbite:

Oh, and you can go get carryout beer on Sundays here in Indiana.*

Note, I said beer, not ****-water yellow fizzy stuff advertised by fantastic party people and scantily clad women at football games.

* Got you covered on this one Kirk.

Yes, the liquor stores fight. If you want to change the law, fight harder. Until then, we can ***** like pre-teens or we can just buy beer on Sunday legally.
    Can't I do both? What if I want Scotch Whisky - scotchy scotch scotch?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The liquor store here is about the cheapest place around to buy alcohol.

Must be nice. Fort Wayne seems to be the high water mark for alcohol prices in Indiana.

I usually make an effort to buy in Wisconsin (Woodmans) or Ohio (The Andersons) to get lower prices and better selections.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    There is no right to booze.

There is no right to sell booze.

Selling booze is not a right. Do not fall prey to the juvenile whining of confusing policy with Constitutional rights.

And the source of this right to sell booze on Sundays would be?

Where is your natural, inalienable, God-give right to sell booze?

The rights of "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" come from God and are recognized in the Declaration of Independence and the Indiana Constitution.

Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness necessarily cover the freedom to perform voluntary exchanges between one another; sales and commerce.

The concepts cannot be separated. If one's ability to perform voluntary exchanges of his own property is inhibited, then so is his liberty and ability to pursue happiness.

Banning the sale of property is anathema to a free market, a free society, and the rights guaranteed in our founding documents. And definitively statist.

SwingW/theWing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2015
    Bloomington
    I only seem to want a beer on Sunday. Usually when I am cooking on the grill. So yeah...I care. I came here from NC and you only had to wait till noon on Sunday to buy a beer.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Negative rep for making imagine that nightmarish scene! :nailbite:

Oh, and you can go get carryout beer on Sundays here in Indiana.*

Note, I said beer, not ****-water yellow fizzy stuff advertised by fantastic party people and scantily clad women at football games.

I'm with you on this. And it reminds me of the difference between "boolits" and "bullets" - both serve a purpose, but one demonstrates traditional craftsmanship and isn't necessarily for everyone. I generally choose beer and boolits (but not at the same time ;)).

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The rights of "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" come from God and are recognized in the Declaration of Independence and the Indiana Constitution.

Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness necessarily cover the freedom to perform voluntary exchanges between one another; sales and commerce.

The concepts cannot be separated. If one's ability to perform voluntary exchanges of his own property is inhibited, then so is his liberty and ability to pursue happiness.

Banning the sale of property is anathema to a free market, a free society, and the rights guaranteed in our founding documents. And definitively statist.

Jeez, it's only liquor. People are dying from not getting organ transplants and those are illegal to sell ALL SEVEN DAYS of the week.

how about those who need Sunday beer plan ahead until they get the law changed? I was denied wine at 4am after a shift at work and stopping to buy our grocery list. Irritating, but I didnMt have a withdrawal seizure.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Jeez, it's only liquor.

Its a lot more than liquor. Its a statist mentality that exists across the board -- all days of the year -- through arbitrary bans, restrictions, licenses, and permits.

The bottom line is: If citizens try to sell their own property without government permission, they could be stripped of their livelihood and their freedom. That's evil. That's against capitalism, free markets, personal liberty, the pursuit of happiness, privacy, small government.... and the text of the constitution.

Just because somebody doesn't mind red tape does not make it less of an infringement.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My statement was to put it in perspective. Why not start with things that kill people and get to liquor when the important stuff is figured out.

Top Bottom