Do normal people care about Indiana being last state to outlaw alcohol on Sunday

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It really makes no difference to me at all.

BTW, I hasn't a think to do with zionist Jews. This is a Christian thing. It would be No Vooze on Saturday if it were Jewish as that is Shabbat for them.

IN any case it isn't a big deal for me and I like booze too. I just plan ahead...

Did you type this while drinking? :alcoholic:

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    Oh man I haven't laughed that hard at the stupid in a long time. Thanks OP.

Please tell me again how you are better than me, and all of us, because you came from a coastal area and have a little bit of money. Please tell me again how mid-westerners are all delusional hicks. Oh and what was that about the Jews? Did I detect just a touch of Nazi ideology? Damn if I didn't know better I'd think you were an Obama supporter, but your obvious racism doesn't jive with that. You are definitely a hardcore left winger pretending to be Libertarian or something though. No one but a true believer could spew so much racism, so much hate, and so much stupid and call it truth and then get so upset when people call his BS for what it is.

I like beer as much as the next guy. I do think Sunday prohibition in IN is an outdated law from a bygone era and should be done away with. But it is such a minor annoyance that I really pay it no mind. If it goes away one day that's great, if not then I'm mature enough to handle it and I wont go crying about it on the interwebs where I can be a millionaire playboy from the west coast and none of these country bumpkin hicks will know any better or find out I'm really just a pissed off 15yo boy from Bloomington, that sitting in my mothers basement, whacking off to old German propaganda movies, because I've breathed in to much of the liberal stupid that's all around me to be able to think for myself.

**** off Ryan, and have a nice day. :D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My household doesn't drink on ANY day of the week, so this doesn't matter for me or my household.

You should always vote (or be concerned about) the OTHER guys rights.
    If they can take someone else's, then they can take yours.
    If everyone fights only for those rights that concern them, then they are picked off one by one.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out.

Martin Niemöller

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I don't drink much, but blue laws are just another one of those freedom issues that are always just kind of there. Of course I can get around it if I want to, I just don't like being told I can't do something, especially if there's no good reason for it.

Sunday hunting laws anyone? Also a blue law still in a few states. Virginia is fighting it. Pennsylvania continues the battle. So, I guess it's get your hunting done on Saturday and give up the only other day of the week to hunt for those who work Monday through Friday. No good reason for it either.

Thank goodness Indiana got rid of most of their blue laws. We still have the one. It's only a matter of time. Just wait it out I guess.

Good post! I don't have a dog in this fight, but there have been an occasion or two, when shopping for groceries on Sunday, that it would have been nice to pick up that 6 pack or bottle of wine for dinner. Now I just keep a stocked basement fridge and wine rack full for those times.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The bill is going to the floor of the House today...

They're discussing it now.

First amendment (Mylo Smith's) is to remove Sunday sales (then keep all those draconian behind the counter laws).
    Now up is my rep (Morris) condemning alceehol as eeeevil. :xmad:

Oh, gag me, talk about "for the children"! :runaway:

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    They're discussing it now.

First amendment (Mylo Smith's) is to remove Sunday sales (then keep all those draconian behind the counter laws).
    Now up is my rep (Morris) condemning alceehol as eeeevil. :xmad:

Oh, gag me, talk about "for the children"! :runaway:

Link?

Top Bottom