• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    I see your point, but is there a reason we cannot talk about guns WHILE using good grammar? Seriously?

People always complain about how, "kids these days," don't know how to spell, read or communicate effectively. Whelp, where do you think they get their patterns from? Adults, is the answer.

Whelp

: any of the young of various carnivorous mammals and especially of the dog
    : a young boy or girl

Since you are not using the word Whelp in the context of the definition provided by Merriam Webster Dictionary that would mean that you are not correctly using your grammar skills sir. Isn't irony fun? :)

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Whelp

: any of the young of various carnivorous mammals and especially of the dog
    : a young boy or girl

Since you are not using the word Whelp in the context of the definition provided by Merriam Webster Dictionary that would mean that you are not correctly using your grammar skills sir. Isn't irony fun? :)
    Negative, "whelp" is a commonly used interjection. Also, even if you were correct, that's not called irony. If anything it would be hypocrisy. However, as I stated earlier, it's a common interjection.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Negative, "whelp" is a commonly used interjection. Also, even if you were correct, that's not called irony. If anything it would be hypocrisy. However, as I stated earlier, it's a common interjection.

words1.jpg

Well, I think the common interjection you meant/should have used is the word I began this sentence with, not the word "whelp"; that makes no sense unless you are in fact meaning to call the person being addressed a "whelp", like when starting a sentence such as, "Dude, I just put the entire magazine into one ragged quarter-inch hole from 100 yards away with my Hi-Point!" :bs:

Perhaps you have been hearing the word "well" incorrectly all these years and thinking it was "whelp" (sic), like people do for certain songs? :dunno:

"Blinded by the light,
    wrapped up like a douche,
    you know the roamer
    in the night" :scratch: :n00b: :scratch:

(the correct lyrics)

"Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce, :poop: (??!?) :dunno:
    another runner in the night"

...or even more classic:
    "Excuse me, while I kiss this guy!" :gaychase: :puke:
    --> "Excuse me, while I kiss the sky!"

... or maybe this is what you heard from someone that is prone to mispronouncing words like my hero of awesome enunciation, Sergeant Major Sixta:

NSFW --> Lots of "Salty" Devil Dog talk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgQf1IEmWak

...My :twocents: as a not-so-young whelp, and a professional editor.
    Well, I better go poh-leese my moo-stache hairs, theys are in violations...startin' to look like Elvises!! :D ;)

:ingo:

Last edited:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Well, I think the common interjection you meant/should have used is the word I began this sentence with, not the word "whelp"; that makes no sense unless you are in fact meaning to call the person being addressed a "whelp", like when starting a sentence such as, "Dude, I just put the entire magazine into one ragged quarter-inch hole from 100 yards away with my Hi-Point!"
    No, I meant to use "whelp" in the exact sense I used it in. While I am not saying it would pass muster for an academic writing, I will point out that it is used daily in editorial and conversational writings.

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    I only carry concealed off duty. SOP leaves it at deputy choice, however, I do not know any that OC. I choose not to OC for one reason, element of surprise. I would rather not be made in the event of a situation until the situation calls for it. When off duty I am almost always with my family, thats not the time to be the focus of a criminal's target.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I only carry concealed off duty. SOP leaves it at deputy choice, however, I do not know any that OC. I choose not to OC for one reason, element of surprise. I would rather not be made in the event of a situation until the situation calls for it. When off duty I am almost always with my family, thats not the time to be the focus of a criminal's target.

Interesting. Have you actually thought through your reasoning or does it just seem like it would make sense?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    Interesting. Have you actually thought through your reasoning or does it just seem like it would make sense?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

When I was a rookie I OC all the time, with my badge on my belt. I was so proud I wanted everyone to see. I wouldnt say this made me a target, but everyone was aware of me at all times. Constantly being asked questions and always being hit up to handle minor situations that SOP doesn't allow me to handle off duty. I have given this much thought and have had several discussions on the matter, but my choice to conceal now has never felt wrong. I feel stopping a situation by being able to observe then act is better than having to act before thinking because ive been made. I have heard stories from other officers who have said that they have caused a robber to walk out because they were made, only to find out he went two blocks over and robbed a different store. I hope no one has to ever find out if one or the other is right or wrong.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I have heard stories from other officers who have said that they have caused a robber to walk out because they were made, only to find out he went two blocks over and robbed a different store.

That's really the primary point of visible deterrence.

If my (and my family's) personal security is prioritized higher than my possible presence as a witness or as the selected victim of a criminal attack, I have no problem with most criminals wanting to avoid me.

I hope no one has to ever find out if one or the other is right or wrong.
    Neither is wrong, that's not what I was trying to imply, but I agree with hoping we never need to use it. Thanks for your thoughts. :yesway:

Top Bottom