Crawfordsville
    blazing03.jpg

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I OC my ninja skillz so I don't have to carry a gun.

He's got mad skillz with a bo staff!

ND-bo-staff.jpg

No dept policy on carry, but I prefer CC. I'll occasionally OC without the badge if I ditch my overshirt for something goofy, but I'm usually in the squad car and doing something LE-related. I never usuually wear my badge on my belt anyway, I prefer a neck chain.

I have a job where I wear a "uniform" of slacks/tac pants and a polo 85% of the time. In that configuration I always OC, but depending on the attention I feel like recieving out of the office, I'll don my "shoot me first" vest. Don't know which one is "worse" - either OC or the vest can draw attention (not meant negatively, BTW, just experience). I haven't bothered with the vest in a while.

Like an earlier poster said, all of us have to be "switched on" when we carry, more so with OC, and even more so when you're an off-duty LEO (while wearing LEO-related/assumed clothing), since we don't have the bat-belt and gear and our "presence" is not the same. Methods and TTP's change. It's easy to drop your guard when wearing 5.11's and a polo, but both good guys and bad guys still see you as a "threat".

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I've got a great idea for Fenway lets start a new forum and call it INGO.
    Indiana Grammar Obsession for all the freaks that get a comma stuck in their colon.
    And let the rest of us talk about guns and ***** in our own bad grammar.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I've got a great idea for Fenway lets start a new forum and call it INGO.
    Indiana Grammar Obsession for all the freaks that get a comma stuck in their colon.
    And let the rest of us talk about guns and ***** in our own bad grammar.
    I see your point, but is there a reason we cannot talk about guns WHILE using good grammar? Seriously?

People always complain about how, "kids these days," don't know how to spell, read or communicate effectively. Whelp, where do you think they get their patterns from? Adults, is the answer.

DerekBogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    I used to O/C while off duty, then it got to the point where i just was tired of the constant looks so i conceal when i can. I usually do not O/C during outtings with family such as the fair, out to a movie etc..

Top Bottom