• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • In a car, as the driver or passenger ...

• Total voters

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Absolutely, ever since my ex snapped her femur under the steering wheel when she wrecked my nova, helping her get healed made a believer outta me! I also say its COMPLETE bs that big brother tells me I have to.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I drive for a "living", if that is what you can call it ... I recieved a ticket some 25 years ago, for NOT wearing a seatbelt, and ALWAYS wear one ...

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I do a lot of driving for my job and never wear a seat belt. I have only gotten two tickets for it in the past. I do carry a gun, to protect myself, my family, and my property. I always make sure my kids buckle up.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Before my SUV shifts into drive, everyone in my car is buckled in.

Seatbelts aren't uncomfortable or inconvenient, so it just seems really stupid not to have one on every time you are driving.

I think it's retarded to mandate it, but I also think it's retarded to not wear one.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Always seatbelt, usually gun. But I work in IL.

Although you didn't ask, since everyone else brought it up I'll ad my opinions.
    I think anyone who doesn't buckle up is a fool.
    But not as big of a fool as people who give up personal choice in the name of safety. It makes me physically sick that adults are OK with seatbelt laws for other adults. The fact that we've all given up and allow ourselves to be fined if we slip up....disgusting. Part of being an adult and free, is having the right to make your own stupid mistakes.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Trailer hitch ball.

Wore one well before the nannies started making it the law and still do. Carry a gun, too. Both are for my safety, especially the seatbelt. I'm much more likely to be involved in a car accident than a shooting.

What he said! Between racing open wheel cars and flying helicopters in Viet-Nam for several years I know first hand the value of being restrained not only in the event of an accident but to prevent one. You cannot control any vessel or vehicle if a bump or sudden maneuver takes you out of position to properly manipulate the controls,very difficult to use the brakes or steering wheel effectively from the passengers seat! :rolleyes:

PS: At times a trailer hitch ball in the seat would probably work just as well!

:D

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    Carry and wear. Between a car accident a few years back, common sense, and the Gov't telling me I have to wear it in a GOV even if I'm only backing a truck up to a trailer that's literally 2 feet away it's a habit. Everyone in my vehicle is either buckled up or walking.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Guess I'm one of the fools,I carry a gun but don't wear a seatbelt. I've had 6-7 seatbelt tickets and still don't wear one. Bash me if you want but I wonder how many wear/don't wear a helmet on a bike? Just seems strange to have a seatbelt law but no helmet law

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have gotten out of the habit lately. I'll try to get myself use to it again. Life is all about habits(I do believe I read somewhere that it takes 60 times of doing something before it becomes a habit) I do wear my helmet at all times on my motorcycle though.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Guess I'm one of the fools,I carry a gun but don't wear a seatbelt. I've had 6-7 seatbelt tickets and still don't wear one. Bash me if you want but I wonder how many wear/don't wear a helmet on a bike? Just seems strange to have a seatbelt law but no helmet law

I think it strange for parents of teens and younger to even be on a motorcycle.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Seat belts save lives, dontcha know? Actually, I don't know statistics, but have seen survivors of horendous accidents because they weren't strapped in and I've seen fatalities because of the belts. It's a crap shoot and you never know what is going to happen. Some nanny decided for us a long time ago.

I do wear them, though.

My question is this; if belts are sooooooo important, why are the not installed on school busses?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Usually wear it, but sometimes it does that thing where the seatbelt won't pull out and I get frustrated and say F it and just drive off without wearing it. Driving the truck it was sometimes on sometimes off, and I'd put it on when closing in on a weigh station. On any given day I'd have it on at some point, but one day I drove from Council Bluffs, IA to somewhere past Laramie, WY without it.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    No option for "Wear my seatbelt and sometimes carry a gun" but that's where I'm at.

When younger I didn't wear my seatbelt in trucks (when it was legal to do so) but now unless I'm off the road in the woods, my seatbelt is on.

(And by off the road in the woods, I don't mean mudding, four wheelin, or flipped, just driving down the logging road)

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    me- in a 4 ton diesel pickup truck... other drivers- toyota prius and geo metro. (my last concern is my safety if i get into a wreck)

Top Bottom