• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • In a car, as the driver or passenger ...

• Total voters

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Like others have said, I too started wearing a seat belt before the government told me to, when I first started driving. It's a good idea, but not all good ideas ought to become laws. I want the government out of my car as much as many want it out if our bedrooms and doctor's offices.

I wonder where the candidates running for office would stand on repealing seat belt laws?

Oh, and I usually carry a gun on my other belt....the one the government (and consideration to my fellow man) doesn't make me wear :)

Last edited:

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i carry, i also wear a seatbelt, both for the same reason. i have never been in a shootout thank God, but i have been in multiple accidents where the seatbelt did me some good. i have been tboned twice and spun around at least 180 both times, no injuries. i was driving like a jacka** last august and lost control of the car doing about 90 on a corner, at roughly 80 mph i hit a telephone pole and the vehicle came to a stop. my passenger walked away with a bruise on her chest and i limped away with a bruised kneecap and a scratched nose from the air bag.
    that being said, i do not think it should be legally required by law for those with a valid drivers liscense. same with helmets on motorcycles. altho i do not get the people riding crotch rockets at 100 mph wearing shorts, tshirt and helmet. the helmet is only here for identification at that point.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I have pretty much always worn a seatbelt while driving even though I am vehemently opposed to the law requiring me to do so. I believe it should be an individuals choice not a government mandate! And that what happens to those who are too dumb to do so is a thinning of the shallow end of the gene pool.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I carry and always buckle up. I've seen the results of an "ejection" - not pretty. I've also seen several off-road roll-overs where everyone was belted in - and we all walked away just fine (even if the Jeeps didn't quite survive).

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    well then since anyone could fall and hit his or her head and die. does this mean we should all wear a helmet for safety when we are walking?:popcorn::laugh:
    SHHH don't give the Government any ideas!

I think wearing a seat belt is a matter of personal choice.
    It wasn't the law when I started driving.. At least in Pick Up trucks it wasn't. I don't like them and never have. But on a rare occasion i do buckle up. Although a first responder once told me. They cut more dead people out of seat belts than they do scooping them off the road. I have actually seen a car accident where the seat belt slit a mans neck causing him to bleed out. So until you actually see that first hand, don't judge me for not wearing my seat belt the image is still fresh in my head as the day i saw that as a helpless teen not being able to help someone dying.

If off roading or on a race track (regardless of where the track is) i will and do use a seat belt. Just fyi.

The same personal choice in carrying a gun for protection. But personally i have only two ways i wish to go. 1. in my sleep. 2 in a vehicle.

mizzi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    Been in two accidents that would have likely been fatalities had I been wearing a belt. I don't wear a belt unless Johnny's behind me (no need to be rude). Every time I do click it, I think of the jagged tree limb that would have impaled me had I not slid over to the passenger side in a bench seat late model Mercury. I spend a lot of time on the road, i've spidered 2 windshields... call me stupid. It's a choice; albeit from your vantage point, a poor one, it's the right one for me. And I carry daily at 3 o'clock... so the buckle would scratch I anyway!!

ItIsWhatItIs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    I keep it buckled all the time. slip the shoulder strap over my head while in street clothes. no belt while in uniform tho. gets tangled in my gear.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Belt + carry, 100% of the time. It's a habit I got into as a small child. I feel naked and unrestrained when without it.

When I'm maneuvering the car at slow speed or just off the driveway I feel weird without it on. (gun and belt).

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I only wear one so I'm not inconvenienced by seat belt tickets.

I have to wear a seat belt in the name of safety, but I can ride my 1000cc crotch rocket around in a pair of boxers and you can put 50 kids in a rolling tin can without seat belts?

Sounds like a good way to make some $$$

Jeff-223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Years and years ago before it became a law I didn't wear mine all the time. Until there was and accident right beside my home. The two people not wearing seat belts died and the 3 in the people (in the same car) lived with very minor injuries. Since then I wear mine all the time without question.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Always carry and really who do you think is funding the I-70 road work? Single handed I'm responsible for one mile of improvements......your welcome.

I've been in several wrecks, with the last one on Friday January 13, 2012, and a seatbelt has yet to benefit me in an accident. I am not saying that seatbelts should not be worn; I'm merely saying that I personally do not use or believe in them. I will gladly pay the fine to drive as I see fit.

Top Bottom