Discussion on the new INGO Rules (race/religion and copyright)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Can I get a straight forward no BS answer cause my brain works slow. Are we no Longer allowed to have avatars and sig lines that are not originaly ours?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I don't see why everyone is getting all jumpy and junk. This is a privately owned forum, we are allowed to be members. Follow the rules, liked or disliked, or join another forum where you can get cussed out all day, called names because you ask questions you should know the answer to and be ridiculed because you own a (insert gun make here) and not a (insert gun make here).

Whenever any of those things have happened here on INGO, where it wasn't in good fun, the thread has been closed and or the hammer has dropped.

Le Doug

That's the thing though, it still isn't against the rules to be a jerk on INGO. I've seen MANY people act like an ******* to new members who ask repetitive questions. I've also seen Hi-Point made fun on on a nearly daily basis. People get made fun of on INGO all the time. I guess you just have to cry about it enough and the mods will make it ban-worthy to suggest a Hi-Point isn't the best of firearms. :rolleyes:

On a side note, I don't know if having Avatars pulled from Google images is against the new rules or not, but I pulled mine just to be safe. My new avatar is a picture of my viking horn tankard and my framed copy of the Declaration of Independence. While I do own a copy, I won't pretend I own the words. Feel free to continue to quote the DOI, except the religious parts, of course.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Bottom line: Your website, your rules.

It's unfortunate that we can't discuss religion, as free-thinking American adults on a pro-freedom website without people crying to the moderators when ambassadors from their religion do something stupid and people post stories about it.

In my opinion, this is scary, dangerous, and backwords. Where would we be if our government told newspapers they weren't allowed to write stories about Hitler slaughtering the Jews because it might offend Christians? Restriction of knowledge and information is never a good thing, no matter what it is. But as I said, your website, your rules.

I understand the stories rule. Lawyers (the majority from my experience) are nearly sub-human greed monsters addicted to suing people as a living. Still, sad news, because I come to INGO almost solely for news updates. Clicking a link isn't a big deal, but I much prefer to read without going to another website that I'm not familiar with who has pops ups and other annoying things INGO stays away from.

I for one, am disappointed that INGO caved to the pro-sensitivity, pro-crybaby, pro-whiners crowd instead of telling them to stand up for their religion as be a good ambassador for it, no matter what religious sect they belong to.

:@ya: we can't laugh at ourselves? We're that serious of a community now? :cool: Sounds more like a commieunity to me.

Question for JBusch. I'm taking note of your new signature disclaimer, but are we still allowed to use your name, as I have just done, or is that off limits now as well? ;)

The same great American who said exactly how I feel right now about INGO.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." — Thomas Jefferson

Not being allowed to discuss religion (I don't do it often) on my favorite website of all time is a very small degree of liberty. Governments aren't the only entities able to oppress people.

That's the thing though, it still isn't against the rules to be a jerk on INGO. I've seen MANY people act like an ******* to new members who ask repetitive questions. I've also seen Hi-Point made fun on on a nearly daily basis. People get made fun of on INGO all the time. I guess you just have to cry about it enough and the mods will make it ban-worthy to suggest a Hi-Point isn't the best of firearms. :rolleyes:

On a side note, I don't know if having Avatars pulled from Google images is against the new rules or not, but I pulled mine just to be safe. My new avatar is a picture of my viking horn tankard and my framed copy of the Declaration of Independence. While I do own a copy, I won't pretend I own the words. Feel free to continue to quote the DOI, except the religious parts, of course.

H*-***** is the TM of a corporation. You aren't supposed to use such on this board anymore. :rolleyes:

If you're that upset about the changes, you are of course free to click the log out button at the top right of your browser window. I'm not saying you have to. I'm not even suggesting I would like you to. But if you're that upset about the changes maybe it would make you feel better?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    OK.
    It's Fenway's site and he can make the rules.
    Whether we like them or not.
    I'll be back later after the s**t storm passes.

Would someone please PM me and let me know where to find the "Final Decision" on this matter?
    Mike

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    This is no joking matter as Fenway mentioned in the original post. Please don't try and find the line. This also includes signature lines mocking the new rules, etc.

Legitimate questions are fine but complaints are not.

Can I negative rep fenway and the mods who came up with the new first rule without getting banned? Seriously that's what its for right?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Can I negative rep fenway and the mods who came up with the new first rule without getting banned? Seriously that's what its for right?

Absolutely!

Also, I'm sure if you PM'd Fenway and told him you are willing to fit the bill if he gets sued over copyright infringement, he'd get rid of the first rule.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

sure, but why waste your rep?

Fenway owns the site and he can do whatever he wants, and the mods just do what he wishes like they are supposed to do. this matter is'nt up for discusion. your rep negative or possitive, wont change a thing.

I think the new rules are good, but even me thinking its good realy doesnt matter nor are they gonna care either way. I dont mean that in a bad way. When something of yours you care about could be in jeopardy then you must do whatever neccessary to protect it. thats all I get from this, is a preventative measure to keep INGO running smooth, and thats a VERY good thing!! Also maybe it will allow some trash to be taken out.

i do have to voice my feelings on one thing, and thats my suprise to see so many people making jokes about a very serious new rule. we were told not to test the mods, and thats what is being done. Im frankly suprised. I value my account here. my 2 cents.

:ingo:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to have my account removed totally?
    Wipe every post and let me start a new account.
    I have quoted many articles and not just in threads I've started.
    I don't care about rep or post count.
    I don't want to see INGO crash and burn so mods what is the best course of action here?

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I think some of you have gotten your feelings hurt a bit too much.
    Mods, will you explain this better using small words so everybody can understand?:D

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Dude, I have a job, wife, kid and can't be debating things 1am. I need some beauty rest before I go work.

Before we hash out every little detail of this thing please see the forest here.

This is a Gun Board

1. Stop the religious and racial talk that always degenerates into a crap storm

2. Do not copy and paste entire articles that aren't yours. Post a link to the article and feel free to use your own words to summarize.

I don't know, but I took down everything. I may even start going back through all my posts removing anything not mine, even in quotes.

Apparently I've pushed wrong buttons and none of this is up for discussion. So I guess I will leave this alone and... :dunno:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    lashicoN and JBusch,

I'd like you guys to know I don't think you are helping this situation at all and it's not a joke. I'm trying to protect INGO here and you don't care. A firearms related site was just shut down. Some of the largest gun boards on the web have made similar changes to protect themselves. I'd like INGO to stay open for years to come. Thanks!

H*-***** is the TM of a corporation. You aren't supposed to use such on this board anymore. :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom