Discussion on the new INGO Rules (race/religion and copyright)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    This is no joking matter as Fenway mentioned in the original post. Please don't try and find the line. This also includes signature lines mocking the new rules, etc.

Legitimate questions are fine but complaints are not.

:@ya: we can't laugh at ourselves? We're that serious of a community now? :cool: Sounds more like a commieunity to me.

Question for JBusch. I'm taking note of your new signature disclaimer, but are we still allowed to use your name, as I have just done, or is that off limits now as well? ;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I take it that since my posts are not being answered that the admin is discussing these things?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    That question hasn't quite been answered. It's probably safe to assume that the groups are off-limits, but I'm inquiring as to whether or not a POST can be made pertaining to a religious piece of information if it is so required.

In a sense you have a point, however, two comments made it quite clear.

1. Religious and racially based threads of any nature are not allowed on INGunOwners.com.

Starting immediately religious and racially based threads of any nature are not allowed on INGO.

No religious or racially based posts are allowed from this point forward on INGO.

These 3 sentences has made it quite clear to me, that absolutely zero talk of religion is allowed on INGO. The First line made it clear that this isnt just directed toward the Forum, but ALSO groups, as the ENTIRE site in cited.

2 line reinforces as does the third line.

I'd rather not test the limits.

I do believe that these rules, also apply for private messages & public messages, too.

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    :dunno:Will we be taking down the prayer chain thread then, due to the quotes of scripture and religious act of prayer

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Who said that?? I don't see attribution. You should have found a link to that somewhere else on the internet, and only included that link, not the direct quote.

The same great American who said exactly how I feel right now about INGO.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." — Thomas Jefferson

Not being allowed to discuss religion (I don't do it often) on my favorite website of all time is a very small degree of liberty. Governments aren't the only entities able to oppress people.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I take it that since my posts are not being answered that the admin is discussing these things?

I'd imagine so. Let's be patient---these are MASSIVE changes that restrict what can be posted here, so it's safe (IMO) to assume that some discussion is going on behind the scenes.

I'd rather not test the limits.

I do believe that these rules, also apply for private messages & public messages, too.

I'm not attempting to "test the limits", I have a legitimate question that I am respectfully asking so that I do not become inadvertantly "hammered" :D Nothing was said about PM's, nor implied. :dunno: Visitor messages, being public, may fall under the new restrictions, but Private Messages were not mentioned.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I noted that you too, took down your avatar.

Is it copyright protected?

I don't know, but I took down everything. I may even start going back through all my posts removing anything not mine, even in quotes.

Apparently I've pushed wrong buttons and none of this is up for discussion. So I guess I will leave this alone and... :dunno:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I don't know, but I took down everything. I may even start going back through all my posts removing anything not mine, even in quotes.

Apparently I've pushed wrong buttons and none of this is up for discussion. So I guess I will leave this alone and... :dunno:

Patience. Once a can of worms is opened, nothing goes as planned. We'll get an update when there's an update to give.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :dunno:Will we be taking down the prayer chain thread then, due to the quotes of scripture and religious act of prayer

I am assuming so. It is religious after all. That also kills the "Pass it On" thread or whatever it's called. You know, the one where you get something from some one and they pass along some thing to someone else. That's religiously based as well.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    As I read what BOR said, the suing was d/t someone not making the MONEY they would have if someone had actually visited a site, instead of someone quoting from it. It doesn't seem as though the real "issue" was copyright as much as moneyright. Copyright law just seemed the easiest way to enforce and ensure everyone went "clicky, clicky".

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I don't see why everyone is getting all jumpy and junk. This is a privately owned forum, we are allowed to be members. Follow the rules, liked or disliked, or join another forum where you can get cussed out all day, called names because you ask questions you should know the answer to and be ridiculed because you own a (insert gun make here) and not a (insert gun make here).

Whenever any of those things have happened here on INGO, where it wasn't in good fun, the thread has been closed and or the hammer has dropped.

Le Doug

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't see why everyone is getting all jumpy and junk. This is a privately owned forum, we are allowed to be members. Follow the rules, liked or disliked, or join another forum where you can get cussed out all day, called names because you ask questions you should know the answer to and be ridiculed because you own a (insert gun make here) and not a (insert gun make here).

Whenever any of those things have happened here on INGO, where it wasn't in good fun, the thread has been closed and or the hammer has dropped.

Le Doug

Yes, but that's a little different than discussing religion or quoting a part of the bible.

Also, your avatar is copyrighted. You may want to delete it. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom