Discussion on the new INGO Rules (race/religion and copyright)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    New rule, noted on my end. :)

Fenway, I have question, so as not to appear to pervert the New rule, and I have no desire to "grandfather" in old ideals, but it specifically stated all of "INGO", this also includes "Groups", correct?

I have two Groups, for Pagans & Christians, but general theology civil talk, should I close these groups?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Can you quote people now or is that going to be disabled?

JBusch should sue you and INGO for quoting him without his permission.

I hope sarcasm is never banned. I know this is still purple, but I'm not being sarcastic in this line. Seriously.

A gun related website is in court and shut down because of this issue.

That's insane. Why is INGO choosing to keep the quote button then? It seems if avoiding a lawsuit is the goal, that would be the first thing to get the axe.

I don't understand how you can post something on a forum, then sue someone when they quoted you on the same forum that you originally posted those words on.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    One other thing. When talking about an article, it's kind of hard to discuss a certain part of it without quoting at least one sentence.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Prior to you editing your post to a ., you asked about why we are keeping the quote button. I'm guessing you edited it because the question was answered: You can quote other members' posts from here on INGO. It's quoting outside sources that the originally posted rule prevents.

Those are the people who are suing websites and getting them shut down. It's my understanding that most of that is happening because of quotes of articles removes the need to go to the original website and denying them the click-throughs and ad loads that pay them.

Hope this helps (or, failing that, if it doesn't help you that it helps someone out there.)

Blessings,
    Bill

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As I did in post #29, Ryan... Paraphrase.

Ok. But what about my post before the one you quoted. There are some real concerns here.

I mean, if we're worried about copyright infringement, we'd ALL better kill all avatars and non-personal pictures and videos. That's another thing. You-tube videos. There are many that are "pirated" videos and they are posted EVERYWHERE. Can we no longer post videos that weren't taken by us?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    New rule, noted on my end. :)

Fenway, I have question, so as not to appear to pervert the New rule, and I have no desire to "grandfather" in old ideals, but it specifically stated all of "INGO", this also includes "Groups", correct?

I have two Groups, for Pagans & Christians, but general theology civil talk, should I close these groups?

Certainly not opposed to anyone elses instructions.:dunno:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This is no joking matter as Fenway mentioned in the original post. Please don't try and find the line. This also includes signature lines mocking the new rules, etc.

Legitimate questions are fine but complaints are not.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    1. Religious and racially based threads of any nature are not allowed on INGunOwners.com.

Starting immediately religious and racially based threads of any nature are not allowed on INGO. . No religious or racially based posts are allowed from this point forward on INGO.

Question: Does this mean that we are muzzled from making a THREAD that is religious or racial in nature IN ADDITION to POSTS that contain religious information or clarification? I want to be crystal-clear before proceeding. :ingo:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This is no joking matter as Fenway mentioned in the original post. Please don't try and find the line. This also includes signature lines mocking the new rules, etc.

Legitimate questions are fine but complaints are not.

I'm not pushing any lines. I'm trying to find out WTH? here. I mean, those were two very broad brushes just used with little explanation or terms or lines. They need to be EXACT and extremely specific covering all angles. I'm not trying to lose my account because of "Mod Discretion".

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Nevermind on the question. Fenway made it clear that INGO will not harbor any more religious talk, obviously the Group are apart of INGO. Stupid question.

Groups are disbanned if I have that power.

That question hasn't quite been answered. It's probably safe to assume that the groups are off-limits, but I'm inquiring as to whether or not a POST can be made pertaining to a religious piece of information if it is so required.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom