• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sorry state of affairs really which was a result of a number of unfortunate events. The vast number of candidates running during the primary which made it so the winner didn't need but a small percentage and then it's a matter of whether you vote for your party or the most hated person from a party which isn't yours. Not to mention that so many were upset with the status quo that they were willing to vote for anything even if it meant they voted for the abortion we have now. A narcissist with no morals who has no clue what he's doing or saying because he doesn't even read. Who thinks he can make big decisions on the spur of the moment based on a gut feeling that he often changes on a daily basis and who often claims he knows more and better than everybody else.

A guy that has a following that includes people who wait in line over night to attend one of his events. Heck Trump had one of these individuals introduce him. Turns out this individual brags that he has a life size card board cut out of Trump that he salutes daily. Sorry but the fact that Trump eats this sick crap up should tell you something. The boy is just a tad touched and not in a good way.

Maybe I think it had to do more with the quality of the other candidates.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It just goes to show how much lower the press's credibility has sunk when totally fabricated propaganda that Trump was working directly with the Ruskies to subvert the election is the focus of their attention, while BHO harnessing the NSA to spy on the candidate he preferred not win in order to...subvert the exact same election...is totally ignored.
    Nixon was a piker by way of comparison, and today's media are part of team Obama instead of as modern day Woodward & Bernsteins exposing such an egregious abuse of power.
    And we have at least one clapping seal.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Pretty much a catch 22 if you stand back and really look at it.
    I have to strongly disagree. There was no choice at all. If you were for the possibility of continued freedom, Trump. If you were for the incremental loss of freedom in exchange for free stuff, Hillary.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One was a sure thing, in all aspects. The other was extremely suspect but had a glimmer of two to hope.

If all the swooning over Gursuch comes to fruition, at least we didn't get another Ginsberg....yet.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    One was a sure thing, in all aspects. The other was extremely suspect but had a glimmer of two to hope.

If all the swooning over Gursuch comes to fruition, at least we didn't get another Ginsberg....yet.
    Yeah, I heard the other day that Justice Kennedy is going to retire at the end of the current session. I think we can all agree that from all appearances so far, Trumps nominees are/will be, vastly different from what Hillary's would have been. Of course all of us remember the David Souter debacle and we hold our breath every time a Republican President nominates a new Justice.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    It just goes to show how much lower the press's credibility has sunk when totally fabricated propaganda that Trump was working directly with the Ruskies to subvert the election is the focus of their attention, while BHO harnessing the NSA to spy on the candidate he preferred not win in order to...subvert the exact same election...is totally ignored.
    Nixon was a piker by way of comparison, and today's media are part of team Obama instead of as modern day Woodward & Bernsteins exposing such an egregious abuse of power.
    And we have at least one clapping seal.

Well it certainly wouldn't have anything to do with all of the meetings and financial ties his campaign team had with the Russians. By the way it took a while before the Watergate coverup and Nixon involvement was proved. Oops, I forgot Trump is a Republican and he or his campaign team couldn't possibly have done anything wrong. Or is it his names not Hillary so we can't possibly lock him up. If there's nothing there then there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well it certainly wouldn't have anything to do with all of the meetings and financial ties his campaign team had with the Russians. By the way it took a while before the Watergate coverup and Nixon involvement was proved. Oops, I forgot Trump is a Republican and he or his campaign team couldn't possibly have done anything wrong. Or is it his names not Hillary so we can't possibly lock him up. If there's nothing there then there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

When you have evidence of wrongdoing, not just suspicion, THEN you can prosecute him. And when he is found guilty, THEN you can lock him up. But you make it sound as though his guilt is a forgone conclusion, and that we should just lock him up.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The people that believe Trump colluded with the Russians after nearly a year of investigations revealing no evidence, are the same ones who will be starting "The truth about Trumps collusion with the Russians" thread 15 years from now, even though there has been no evidence.

If the investigation is ever stopped by a republican in the future it will be a cover up and no democrat will ever stop the investigation.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    When you have evidence of wrongdoing, not just suspicion, THEN you can prosecute him. And when he is found guilty, THEN you can lock him up. But you make it sound as though his guilt is a forgone conclusion, and that we should just lock him up.

No, but there's enough circumstantial evidence that it certainly wouldn't hurt to do a thorough investigation.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The people that believe Trump colluded with the Russians after nearly a year of investigations revealing no evidence, are the same ones who will be starting "The truth about Trumps collusion with the Russians" thread 15 years from now, even though there has been no evidence.

If the investigation is ever stopped by a republican in the future it will be a cover up and no democrat will ever stop the investigation.

Watergate took longer than just a year, I guess you would have wished they stopped before then as well?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Is that the very thing the FBI hasn't finished investigating yet? I do know that if the tables were turned and Obama was accused of the same thing and fired the FBI director, this board would be on FIRE accusing him of dubious behavior. Look, I don't know what the Justice Department has, none of us do. They may have something or they may have nothing. What I do know is that a President and their staff (this goes for R and D) should speak and act above reproach and ambiguity. As an elected official you may not be doing anything illegal but if that is your only bar you've set in how you conduct yourself, maybe you are not right for that job. Obama and Hillary were certainly guilty of making unclear statements or actions, maybe even illegal. However, Trump seems to have taken the title in Chief Ambiguity. I am quite saddened that all the great people in this great country, the best we could find was Trump. Did the FBI Director HAVE to be fired? Sessions was the ONLY other Director to be fired by the President since the FBI was created in 1908? Why is that? Was this the BEST way Trump could have handled this?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ah, but how long did it take to review Hiliary's tens of thousands of emails; without subpoenaing her devices for examination or having her testify under oath, and granting widespread immunity to other key players. Then her crimes were publicly declared unworthy of prosecution. "Nothing to see here, move along"

If Trump was accorded the same courtesy he would have been absolved a year ago. It is plain to many of us that no evidence of trump colluding with the Russian's is extant and the game is to keep the rumor alive, not to conduct and complete a legitimate investigation. With the leaking sieve that Obama dead-enders have made official washington into, do you think if there was any shred of evidence it would not have been spilled to the waiting MSM

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I was looking for articles that showed how no evidence has been found. Every one says there is no evidence in the body, but the headlines are all about how bad the hearings are going for Trump.

No spin at all.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is that the very thing the FBI hasn't finished investigating yet? I do know that if the tables were turned and Obama was accused of the same thing and fired the FBI director, this board would be on FIRE accusing him of dubious behavior. Look, I don't know what the Justice Department has, none of us do. They may have something or they may have nothing. What I do know is that a President and their staff (this goes for R and D) should speak and act above reproach and ambiguity. As an elected official you may not be doing anything illegal but if that is your only bar you've set in how you conduct yourself, maybe you are not right for that job. Obama and Hillary were certainly guilty of making unclear statements or actions, maybe even illegal. However, Trump seems to have taken the title in Chief Ambiguity. I am quite saddened that all the great people in this great country, the best we could find was Trump. Did the FBI Director HAVE to be fired? Sessions was the ONLY other Director to be fired by the President since the FBI was created in 1908? Why is that? Was this the BEST way Trump could have handled this?

PLENTY of people wanted to fire Hoover, but none of them had the stones

FBI was founded in 1935, and Hoover was already the director of its predecessor (Hoover was sixth director of the Bureau of Investigation from 1924 to 1935 I believe). He became the first director of the FBI and served for 37 years, almost half of the entire existence of the FBI. There have only been six other FBI directors, Comey was the seventh - so you're dealing with a very small sample size when you attempt to intimate that the firing of a director is a rare thing. Comey makes 2 out of 7 or ~28.6%. If you skip Hoover then you have 2 of 6 fired (33.3%) in just 45yrs

Top Bottom