• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    You do realize, that the last president to sign anti gun legislation was NOT anti gun right (unless i missed the part about Bush being anti gun somewhere)?

Again, you need to seriously WAKE UP! Here is what the Bush administration did for gun owners:

1. UN Small Arms Restrictions blocked by US (http://www.iansa.org/oldsite/calendar/2001UN/confnews/change_tone.htm)

2. Attorney General declares Second Amendment is individual right (http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/guns_020507.html) - reverses 35 years of previous Justice Department doctrine on the matter.

3. Attorney General refuses to allow legitimate purchase of NICS data to be used for fishing expedition (http://www.bradycampaign.org/about/press/release.asp?Record=368) - Ashcroft stops grabbers from sifting through NICS data of legitimate purchasers to look for "terrorists".

4. Ashcroft changes NICS data holding from 90 days to 1 day (http://www.bradycampaign.org/about/press/release.asp?Record=368) - NICS data on legitimate purchases will now be purged from the system in a single day as the law intended rather than being held onto for 90 days per Clinton policy

5. Bush supports and will sign lawsuit preemption bill (Bush quietly signs NRA-backed gun bill - June 18, 1999)

6. Bush ends taxpayer funding of useless HUD gun buybacks (Bush Ends Funding For Gun Buyback)

7. Signs bill arming air line pilots.Signs bill closing loophole that prevented cargo pilots from being armed (http://www.ccrkba.org/pub/rkba/press-releases/CC-BushSignsCargoPilots031215.html)

8. Signed the appropriations bill containing the Tiahrt Amendment (Davd Kopel on Gun Laws on National Review Online) that protects gunowner privacy by making item #4 the law of the land.

9. Gets chance to have several things he claims to support (lawsuit preemption, gunshow background checks, semi-auto ban) on a single bill. Sends letter to Congress asking them to consider only lawsuit preemption.

10. Partially repeals Clinton ban on import of some semi-auto firearm parts (Shrubs new Gun Bans - THR) instituted in Summer of 2000 to allow import of parts for repair purposes. Doesn't repeal any Executive Orders relating to guns instituted by previous Presidents.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Again, you need to seriously WAKE UP! Here is what the Bush administration did for gun owners:

1. UN Small Arms Restrictions blocked by US (http://www.iansa.org/oldsite/calendar/2001UN/confnews/change_tone.htm)

2. Attorney General declares Second Amendment is individual right (http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/guns_020507.html) - reverses 35 years of previous Justice Department doctrine on the matter.

3. Attorney General refuses to allow legitimate purchase of NICS data to be used for fishing expedition (http://www.bradycampaign.org/about/press/release.asp?Record=368) - Ashcroft stops grabbers from sifting through NICS data of legitimate purchasers to look for "terrorists".

4. Ashcroft changes NICS data holding from 90 days to 1 day (http://www.bradycampaign.org/about/press/release.asp?Record=368) - NICS data on legitimate purchases will now be purged from the system in a single day as the law intended rather than being held onto for 90 days per Clinton policy

5. Bush supports and will sign lawsuit preemption bill (Bush quietly signs NRA-backed gun bill - June 18, 1999)

6. Bush ends taxpayer funding of useless HUD gun buybacks (Bush Ends Funding For Gun Buyback)

7. Signs bill arming air line pilots.Signs bill closing loophole that prevented cargo pilots from being armed (http://www.ccrkba.org/pub/rkba/press-releases/CC-BushSignsCargoPilots031215.html)

8. Signed the appropriations bill containing the Tiahrt Amendment (Davd Kopel on Gun Laws on National Review Online) that protects gunowner privacy by making item #4 the law of the land.

9. Gets chance to have several things he claims to support (lawsuit preemption, gunshow background checks, semi-auto ban) on a single bill. Sends letter to Congress asking them to consider only lawsuit preemption.

10. Partially repeals Clinton ban on import of some semi-auto firearm parts (Shrubs new Gun Bans - THR) instituted in Summer of 2000 to allow import of parts for repair purposes. Doesn't repeal any Executive Orders relating to guns instituted by previous Presidents.

Links #1-4 dont work.

#5 is so what? I would love to see someone try to sue Winchester because a winchester bullet was used to shoot somebody. Thats like suing luisville slugger because someone got beat with one of their bats. Or suing Nike because i hit someone with a shoe.

6. Did what for us? besides saved SOME taxpayer money? Did nothing per say for legal gun owners, or gun owners in general.

7. Also did nothing for gun owners far as i can tell.

8. While i agree with this .... I dont see how it would have hurt anyone had this law not been passed. Seriously, who would it hurt if they didnt destroy records of legal gun owners after 24 hours ( or whatever it does)?

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am not a republican nor democrat. I don't think there is an ounce worth of difference between Bush and Obama. Its just whatever part lines you tend to follow is whatever excuses you make for that particular person.

Both were epically horrible Presidents.

Now as far as the Obama election in 08, I was all for McCain until he picked Palin and then she started speaking. I still voted for McCain, but that was imo one of the biggest political blunders ever, he could have won the election if he had picked someone who could hold their own. It was so obvious that Biden outclassed Plain in the VP debates, it was laughable at times.

I also have an issue with people saying Obama voters were suckers for believing the hype. What were they supposed to believe? All we knew was that the last 8 years of Bush took us from a prosperous economy to a poor one, to a country that invaded at will, spent money like it was going out of style, was weak on immigration, and bringing us to the edge of a depression. Who wouldn't want those to change? Unfortunately we got Bush's third term. More of the same, more spending, more invasions, and an even worse economy. I didn't vote for Obama because I didn't think he had the experience for the job, you could certainly make a case that has proven out.

I tend to fall more fiscally conservative and more liberal on social issues. I want a President who doesn't want to stick our nose in every single conflict around the world. We aren't the worlds police, no one wants us to do it, so lets stop. End the war on drugs, it doesn't work, its pointless. Legalize it, tax it, and let grown adults decide for themselves what they want to do. Just like alcohol and tobacco.

I also don't want the govt interfering with my life, I pay taxes, that's the end of it. You shouldn't tell me what drugs I can take, who I can have sex with, who I can marry, what hooker I visit, or anything like that. Worry about balancing the budget, not who I am having sex with. (consensual and of legal age of course)

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I am not a Democrat or Republican. Really...!

I voted for Pres. Reagan in 1984. It was the first year I could vote. After that it was:

1988 - Pres Bush Sr
    1992 - Ross Perot
    1996 - Harry Brown
    2000 - Pres Bush Jr
    2004 - Michael Badnarik
    2008 - Rep Bob Barr

When Pres Obama was elected here is how I thought I would honestly rate him over his term:

Totally Disagree (about 50%) - Mostly fiscal issues. He would be really, really stupid with our economy. Part of me thought this was par for the course because had Sen McCain won I would have had the same problem.

Totally Agree (about 20% - 30%) - Mostly civil liberties issues. Repeal the Patriot (Tyranny) Act. Try people in Guantanamo or let them go. I rate civil liberties pretty high so I thought I would at least agree with him here.

Would Not Care (about 20% - 30%) - Some social issues & some fiscal. Honestly, any person who is elected to Pres is going to take on some issues that I just won't really be interested in. It isn't that I have no stand nor do I presume they won't affect me, but I just acknowledge that there are some issues that I won't cheer if they are won or get angry if they are lost.

As it now stands I disagree with him on about 95% of his presidency. That said, do I think I would be cheering Pres McCain? Hardly! The issues would have been different, but my distaste would have been nearly the same.

The OP is correct on the issue of stupid congress! Pres Bush Jr was a fiscal liberal! He would spend money like it was going out of style. The thing is, he would give the Democrats what they wanted just so long as he got what HE wanted! This is how he passed years without a single veto!

This is where the alleged fiscal conservatives in Congress should have put the brakes on. No matter how dumb a Presidents actions might be, this is why we are supposed to have checks & balances, so that no one can do really dumb things without risking an override by another branch of our government.

This is why I believe that if Pres Obama is reelected we need a Republican Congress. At the same time IF a Republican is elected over Pres Obama we need a Democratic Congress. The more they fight each other the less damage they do to us.

Regards,

Doug

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    If you want real change in this country in 2012 go to the polls and vote Ron Paul. Quit letting the media choose your president and do your own research. The media will not cover the ones that will really change this country because the media is ran by the government and the government dont want a real constitutionist in office. Look up ron paul on youtube read about him and form your own opinion. Im tired of all these voters voting off what they hear and see on the news, stop being lazy and look up canidates on your own.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    As sovereign entities tribes have seen countries come and go and we have survived the United States and we will survive what ever comes next.

The United States tried to take our language and religion from us by force and yet we are still here with both.

We didn't become "U.S. citizens" until 1924 and yet we survived.

The failure or demise of the U.S. will only cause us adjust, nothing more.

Don't worry the greed of those that are in positions of power will bring the downfall of this nation, just as greed destroyed Rome. It is only a matter time and a certainty.

:dunno:

By the way, before the US existed, these beloved "sovereign" nations were perfectly content murdering, raping, pillaging and enslaving each other. I don't feel bad for the fact that they failed to move out of the stone age prior to 1776.

Correct and you forgot to mention the cannibalism. And if the native Americans could have put aside their hatred for each other and banded together from the start, things would have turned out very different.

Anyone that thinks the Native Americans are any better than any other people are delusional. I'm not a native American hater, I hate it when people color the truth to paint a false picture.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If you want real change in this country in 2012 go to the polls and vote Ron Paul. Quit letting the media choose your president and do your own research. The media will not cover the ones that will really change this country because the media is ran by the government and the government dont want a real constitutionist in office. Look up ron paul on youtube read about him and form your own opinion. Im tired of all these voters voting off what they hear and see on the news, stop being lazy and look up canidates on your own.

Please, quit insulting the intelligence of the membership here by insinuating that we are unable to think for ourselves. We're all very well informed about Ron Paul--whether we want to be or not :laugh:--and don't need a lecture about how to vote.

On a side note: the practical reality of people voting en masse for Ron Paul--assuming he will not be the Republican candidate--will only be another 4 years of what we have now. The change you seek is not what we will get. It's sucks, it's irritating, maddening, and downright sickening, but that's the reality.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    The people who voted for Obama obviously didn't look at the facts behind his campaign and where he stood. They didn't do their research and we're "afraid" because a women stood stronger than a man. Palin wasn't the best VP choice and McCain wasn't the best nominee but how could you have actually believed that Obama would be better than those 2? It shows complete ignorance on the political views of the candidates. Next time put away your stupid fears of an old guy or a woman who may annoy you when they don't want to harm America nearly as much as the other guy. You can be young and vote just don't be stupid and swayed by the "charisma" of politicians. Do your homework guys. This is unbelievable.

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    I didn't vote for him because I saw him for the snake oil salesman he was,and has proven himself to be.....McCain wasn't necessarily a better choice,just not as bad a choice.....unfortunately,too many elections recently,presidential or otherwise,have been choosing the lesser of two evils.......this is just my opinion,but the kind of people who might actually work "For the People" can't afford to run..so we're stuck with fat-cat career politicians

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The people who voted for Obama obviously didn't look at the facts behind his campaign and where he stood. They didn't do their research and we're "afraid" because a women stood stronger than a man. Palin wasn't the best VP choice and McCain wasn't the best nominee but how could you have actually believed that Obama would be better than those 2? It shows complete ignorance on the political views of the candidates. Next time put away your stupid fears of an old guy or a woman who may annoy you when they don't want to harm America nearly as much as the other guy. You can be young and vote just don't be stupid and swayed by the "charisma" of politicians. Do your homework guys. This is unbelievable.

Seriously? So if you voted for Obama, you are scared and ignorant? Any other insults you want to add?

Palin didn't really stand strong, she was a mistake that the GOP should never have made. She was the downfall McCain. His number sky rocketed after announcing the VP nomination, then in mere weeks it plummeted after she started opening her mouth and people actually heard what she had to say.

She should stick to being a hockey mom, quitting on her state, and making millions on her book tours.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Seriously? So if you voted for Obama, you are scared and ignorant? Any other insults you want to add?

Palin didn't really stand strong, she was a mistake that the GOP should never have made. She was the downfall McCain. His number sky rocketed after announcing the VP nomination, then in mere weeks it plummeted after she started opening her mouth and people actually heard what she had to say.

She should stick to being a hockey mom, quitting on her state, and making millions on her book tours.

Yeah, people were scared that's why they voted for "hope and change". They were ignorant because they didn't look at the candidates for who they are. If you listened to Palin and thought "damn Obama is better than her" than yes you are ignorant. Not an insult. Just calling it how I see it. Give me one good damn reason you voted for Obame? Can you? The reason I voted McCain/Palin--they weren't as bas as Obama.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    We knew right out of the gate Bama didn't believe in the peoples right to bear arms. He had no business experience and very little experience in government at all. Those are all just facts.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    We knew right out of the gate Bama didn't believe in the peoples right to bear arms. He had no business experience and very little experience in government at all. Those are all just facts.

Along with pissing on the whole Constitution with what little record he had. But he had Hope and Change! :rockwoot:...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom