• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was awoken by a 3am phone call for my job that lasted through the morning.

The doomsday clock did tick ever-slightly closer to midnight, but it's gone back now.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm... now my curiosity is piqued. :D

Database group: "This export is taking too long. Please check your disks."
    Me: Checks disks. Shows them I/O is normal.
    Database group: "Oops, the problem is on our end. Disregard."

That about sums it all up. That also sums up most problems they tend to bring up.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Because sometimes you have to send more troops abroad in order to fulfill the promise to bring them home, more USian troops en route to Saudi Arabia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50021138

"Taken together with other deployments, this constitutes an additional 3,000 forces that have been extended or authorised within the last month," Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said.

The US has increased the deployment of forces in the region by 14,000 since May, according to CNN. Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman had requested additional support, Mr Esper said.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The Turkish government has now stated that it's intent is to remove the Syrian government.
    :noway:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was awoken by a 3am phone call for my job that lasted through the morning.

The doomsday clock did tick ever-slightly closer to midnight, but it's gone back now.

Congratulations. By actually having taken a "3 a.m. phone call" you have demonstrated that your worthiness to be POTUS now exceeds that of Clinton's in 2016

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    At least Erdogan didn't get his mits on the NATO nukes stored there. Well, I hope not any how.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Aw cheese and crackers The New York Times is saying fifty tactical nukes are still there.
    Thought they'd been removed, hoped they'd been removed.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    354-60... now, I gotta ask, which party are you taking about?

inthink he was referring to the Democrats. I dont like a Trump, but voted for him, but I think the abandoning of the Kurds to an Islamist regime in turkey could very well be his undoing. Up until now, he hasn’t lost any of his base. I think he will lose some with this. I am not in favor of never ending wars, but we have to pick a side and see it through. This will hurt him more than the impeachment thing.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    inthink he was referring to the Democrats. I dont like a Trump, but voted for him, but I think the abandoning of the Kurds to an Islamist regime in turkey could very well be his undoing. Up until now, he hasn’t lost any of his base. I think he will lose some with this. I am not in favor of never ending wars, but we have to pick a side and see it through. This will hurt him more than the impeachment thing.

So are you sending your son to go die in the middle east for the kurds?

If not, I respectfully request you don't tell your fellow American to do something you wouldn't.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So are you sending your son to go die in the middle east for the kurds?

If not, I respectfully request you don't tell your fellow American to do something you wouldn't.

I sent a son in law. Does that count?:dunno:

He spent the end of last year/beginning of this one over there. When this crap started last week, I was really interested in his opinion. He said he'd rather go back and fight the Turks than leave the SDF/Kurds hangin. He's been as pro-Trump as anyone you'll meet, but this hurt him.

Don't get me wrong, he's not crazy. He won't be voting for Elizabeth Warren or anything kooky like that. But he went from being 100% behind Trump to joining the, WTF is this guy doing, camp.

As close as the last election was, Trump can't afford to lose even a small percentage of his base. The ones he loses don't have to vote Democrat, even if the just stay home he's screwed.

It's be said often that the Democrats could easily beat Trump if they could just hide their crazy. Pretend to be centrists, drop the endless investigations, stop trying to out-leftist each other. But they can't do it.

The same is true for Trump. The upcoming election could be a cakewalk for him if he could pretend to have a coherent foreign policy that doesn't involve selling out people who helped us defeat a serious threat. Stopped tweeting about his "great and unmatched wisdom" and listened to his advisers who actually have some basic understanding of the issues involved. Be the world's greatest dealmaker he claims to be and get us out of the middle east in the best possible way. But he can't do it.:rolleyes:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have to wonder if he chose the lesser of two evils. Leaving American troops in position to possibly die in a certain turk invasion or moving them to keep your options open in what is going to get messy. We like to think that that handful of Americans and the possibility of their deaths was deterring the turks but I'm not sure that was going to do the job.

Big media crucifies him either way, leaving Americans to die in a lost cause or withdrawing them and abandoning the kurds.

Top Bottom