• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    All Kurds are not PKK just like not all USians are Democrats.

And, keep in mind, absent our assistance, the only thing the Kurds could do is "switch" to a different side. They can't do it alone; they need allies.

From what I understand, we never had a green on blue problem with the Kurds.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All Kurds are not PKK just like not all USians are Democrats.

And, keep in mind, absent our assistance, the only thing the Kurds could do is "switch" to a different side. They can't do it alone; they need allies.

From what I understand, we never had a green on blue problem with the Kurds.

What are you talking about

It's so much easier to simplify the world by slapping a label on this giant group of people so I can justify my disdain for them and protect my chosen guy's decisions at the same time

This is the internet.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

It's so much easier to simplify the world by slapping a label on this giant group of people so I can justify my disdain for them and protect my chosen guy's decisions at the same time

This is the internet.

giphy.gif

:)

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    No not all Kurds are PKK.

The Kurds in northern Syria are PKK and affiliate groups.

The Iraqi Kurds have to major groups.

Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) alined with Turkey

Patriotic union of Kurdistan (PUK) alined with Iran and Syria also Marxist

Over 40 million Kurds not all are Marxist the ones we are dealing with in Syria are Marxist.
    I guess it’s easier to think of them as freedom fighters and noble allies. Instead of a terror organization that has conducted atrocities on the Turks justified or not.

Not our fight!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

This is the internet.

Why is it that 'nuance' is such a one way street

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    All over the world, the US engages with foreign policy allies who do not fully reflect our values.

The Kurds are not unique in that. Especially not in that corner of the globe.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    All over the world, the US engages with foreign policy allies who do not fully reflect our values.

The Kurds are not unique in that. Especially not in that corner of the globe.

*Coughs* TURKEY *coughs*

And then there's the saudis who are legitimately worse. I don't see how anyone can say the kurds are any better or worse than the Yemeni. But I don't see anyone saying we need to help Yemen.

Saudis are Salafist, which is the same sect as ISIS.

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I read this old book that said the people of this area will always be at war with their brothers.

The guy who wrote it kinda sounded like he knew what he was talking about...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    *Coughs* TURKEY *coughs*

And then there's the saudis who are legitimately worse. I don't see how anyone can say the kurds are any better or worse than the Yemeni. But I don't see anyone saying we need to help Yemen.

Saudis are Salafist, which is the same sect as ISIS.

Solid examples.

We built a very important base in Qatar, IIRC.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So this took a bit longer than I thought it would.
    As long as we take credit for the hit before the election, we're good.

The rogue nation says it now operates 60 advanced centrifuges, twice as many as allowed by the 2015 accord, and is experimenting with a prototype designed to be 50 times faster than what's allowed by the nuke deal, an increasingly irrelevant agreement between Iran and numerous world powers that the U.S. has exited and Iran has repeatedly ignored.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-...mes-faster-than-allowed-by-nuke-deal-official

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Repeatedly ignored".... since the US pulled out of the deal. It's not like [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] [Obama] didn't expect this to happen [on someone elses watch after the sunset clause kicked in on the deal].

Obama hated Israel and, in his own way the status quo in the ME. Undeniably he sought to enable Iran as the chief power broker in the ME. IMO he was primarily concerned with his legacy and not at all concerned with what happened when the kicked can came to a halt again. Much like US policy toward the DPRK for the last 27 years or so, shift it so it is somebody else's problem

The ease with which Iran shifted to a vastly sped up nuclear weapons program should be all you really need to know about previous deals; sanctions relief now to concentrate on delivery systems while delaying actual nuclear breakout for half a generation. What was the strategic, long-term goal of that?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "Repeatedly ignored".... since the US pulled out of the deal. It's not like we didn't expect this to happen.

Yes, all those additional resources that operate 50 times faster than allowed just appeared relatively overnight. They haven’t been working on them the entire time even before obama left office... Yep.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    "Repeatedly ignored".... since the US pulled out of the deal. It's not like we didn't expect this to happen.

I expect it had been happening for at least 10 years, for sure.
    Where could they have possibly gotten those resources from. And that had to cost at least..... what, a pallet of cash? :dunno:

Come on....
    Obama was paying them to do this. That "Deal" had absolutely NO policing. Just encouragement..... and enrichment.

Power plant my ass! :xmad:

Soon they will go from nuclear facility to glass manufacturing factory in the speed of light.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I expect it had been happening for at least 10 years, for sure.
    Where could they have possibly gotten those resources from. And that had to cost at least..... what, a pallet of cash? :dunno:

Come on....
    Obama was paying them to do this. That "Deal" had absolutely NO policing. Just encouragement..... and enrichment.

Power plant my ass! :xmad:

Soon they will go from nuclear facility to glass manufacturing factory in the speed of light.

If I keep the hedge clippers you let me borrow, are they still your clippers?

Top Bottom