• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    haha

Funny you should mention that. Indy has a relatively significant Russian-speaking population, including a bunch from the Ukraine (especially the northside). I know a successful Ukrainian expat who is making contingency plans to go back and fight if it does break out.

Having said that, there weren't that many volunteers before Pearl Harbor, either. My grandfather volunteered the summer of '41 and beat the rush.

It's easy to demand that the government send others to fight a war on your behalf. I nominate you to go in my place. If defending Ukraine from Russia is a noble cause, surely those who think so don't need to wait on our government to legitimize it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting.

I don't see how a gov't (ours in particular right now) can legitimize anything. :) Were that true, there'd never be a legitimate insurrection anywhere.

Having said that, I think you can rest comfortably knowing that this administration will not take any aggressive military action in the Ukraine.

On the other hand, it has clearly legitimized the civil war in Uganda by sending troops and materiel there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's easy to demand that the government send others to fight a war on your behalf. I nominate you to go in my place. If defending Ukraine from Russia is a noble cause, surely those who think so don't need to wait on our government to legitimize it.

Pro ejemplo, the Flying Tigers.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Interesting.

I don't see how a gov't (ours in particular right now) can legitimize anything. :) Were that true, there'd never be a legitimate insurrection anywhere.

Having said that, I think you can rest comfortably knowing that this administration will not take any aggressive military action in the Ukraine.

On the other hand, it has clearly legitimized the civil war in Uganda by sending troops and materiel there.

Uganda, dumb.... Ukraine, even dumber.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Lol, and I have no doubt that the Ukraine would welcome, and arm American volunteers.
    I've approached the idea before of holding a weapons donation drive here to arm Ukrainian citizens against the Russians. We did it for the UK in WWII. Might write a few letters to whom it may concern.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've approached the idea before of holding a weapons donation drive here to arm Ukrainian citizens against the Russians. We did it for the UK in WWII. Might write a few letters to whom it may concern.

You might want to check the legalities of that, but if its kosher, not a bad idea for those of us that support the Ukraine.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The Russians are just looking for a chance to respond to a NATO country shooting down one of their aircraft or sink a Russian ship. He'll roll right into Eastern Europe and Obama will just be watching it on tv with his mouth open.

Just like where obama was when Benghazi was going down.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    You might want to check the legalities of that, but if its kosher, not a bad idea for those of us that support the Ukraine.
    You'd definitely have to get the blessing of both governments. I'm not sure how it would go over on our end. If the Ukrainians rejected the offer I would stop caring what happened. Freedom doesn't belong to those who won't fight for it. Wonder who I should write with this idea? I'll have to get to googling.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    You'd definitely have to get the blessing of both governments. I'm not sure how it would go over on our end. If the Ukrainians rejected the offer I would stop caring what happened. Freedom doesn't belong to those who won't fight for it. Wonder who I should write with this idea? I'll have to get to googling.

They just had a minister of something or other on cnn saying they wanted more means to defend Ukraine. And I believe they just sent several pro-Russian fighters onward.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Outside of NATO, Why should we care about Poland?
    Other than honoring treaties I have no desire to get anymore of our young guys shot up. I always thought it was a waste of money and blood trying to help Middle Eastern countries, where most people hate us anyway to keep from destroying themselves. The money we give to Egypt and Africa is obscene and it disgusts me.

What I was saying is this is no help at all in fact it's not even in Polands best interests to let a turd like Barry use them as a pawn in his little game with Putin. Barry can not be counted on, just ask Ambassador Stevens and the warriors that this administration left to die and then told us the freaking lies about videos and protests and all on anniversary of 9/11 to boot.

Top Bottom