• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If some other nations actually would back Ukraine up Russia wouldn't have a chance. France, Germany, UK, Italy, Austria, Poland, Ukraine itself, and of course the United States together would have the ability to steam roll Russia. On paper. Fact is most of the armies have barely any combat experience in years.

I'm really not sure what is happening there now. It's bad, but what can be done to stop it? Economic sanctions won't do jack. It would have to be military, but I'd bet money that would lead to a Third World War if it was anything more than a minor tactical engagement.

World War III would be incredibly short then. Russia vs "all comers" ends badly for Russia. And if it came to a possible nuclear exchange, Putin would probably be removed in a coup (but it won't get to that point)

Kut (doesn't think Putin would burn the world to rule the ashes)

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    They MAY send troops. That one word makes a pretty big difference. Chalk this up to trying to get more hits on the website. Not journalism.
    They've already moved fighter jets into Poland, that MAY is actually a pretty damned likely. I do not think that NATO is wanting to get caught with their pants down.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    World War III would be incredibly short then. Russia vs "all comers" ends badly for Russia. And if it came to a possible nuclear exchange, Putin would probably be removed in a coup (but it won't get to that point)

Kut (doesn't think Putin would burn the world to rule the ashes)
    I highly doubt it would just be Russia, and I have my doubts as to the fighting ability of NATO. I'm still wondering who would come to Russia's aid, but I find it doubtful nobody would.

Looks who is possibly being sent. US troops. Not French, not German, not Italian, not Spanish, not from the UK. Not from any of the other 22 NATO members. Once again, NATO action means "US action with a handful of other troops thrown in for good measure".

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The anti Russia crowd could always fly over to Ukraine. I'm sure they'll take volunteers.
    I've offered to send them weapons and small arms ammunition, but I still haven't found a way to do so. I'm sure if there were a weapons collection drive (as was done for the UK in the Second World War) many Americans would respond to help arm them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've offered to send them weapons and small arms ammunition, but I still haven't found a way to do so. I'm sure if there were a weapons collection drive (as was done for the UK in the Second World War) many Americans would respond to help arm them.

Those weapons aren't going to shoot themselves.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Those weapons aren't going to shoot themselves.
    Plenty of Ukrainians are unarmed. After all, our government has spent millions to destroy usable small arms stockpiles in Ukraine left behind by the Soviets. As I've said at least twice before, I won't consider US military action until the Ukrainians take action. Can't start somebody else's war.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Was this the opening shot in Putins new Cold War? As the author admits, the "crash" was looked at as a conspiracy theory but, given Putin's recent actions it's not out of the realm of possibility. With a push of a button you wipe out the top layers of the Polish government, who were calling him out for his moves. Personally, I wouldn't put it past him. The KGB taught him everything he knows.

Did Putin Blow Up the Whole Polish Government in 2010? A Second Look. - The Daily Beast

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Sounds more and more like Putin won't stop at the Ukraine. Who needs all that firepower to take over ONE country that has a military smaller than the Indiana National Guard?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    MOSCOW. April 14 (Interfax) - Interfering in Ukraine's internal affairs is not in Russia's interests, nor does it have its security and intelligence agents in that country, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said.
    "As regards the issue of what should happen for (Russia's) military intervention (in Ukraine), I am not even going to speculate. We do not interfere in the internal affairs of Ukraine, it is against our interests. We do not have our agents there, either from the GRU (Main Intelligence Directorate), or the FSB (Federal Security Service)," he told a press conference in Moscow on Monday.
    Ukrainian officials and United States Secretary of State John Kerry spoke earlier about the alleged arrests of Russian intelligence agents in Ukraine, the minister said. "I told him (Ukraine's Acting Foreign Minister Andriy Deshchitsa) on Saturday: if you have arrested someone, show us. They have not done so for some reason," Lavrov said.
    "We are now being told that in the event of the four-party meeting, everything will be shown to us," the minister said. "It means they need a scandal at the four-party meeting, it means they have pulled some quasi-facts. But if they have the facts, they should not be shy of showing them. If you are shy of showing them, it means you have no facts," Lavrov said.
    Russia also wants to understand "what is really being undertaken by our Western colleagues," he said.
    "In particular, we want to understand what the reports mean about CIA Director (John) Brennan's urgent visit to Kyiv. So far we have not been given any explanation," the Russian foreign minister said.

People have been saying Russia was going to invade Ukraine for over a month now.I do not think they have any reason to.It would be worse than Afghanistan for them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That was a bang-up piece of propaganda the Russian Foreign Secretary has presented to the world.

Germany wasn't going to invade eastern Europe either.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    News from The Associated Press

Russian fighter jet makes multiple, close-range passes near American warship in Black Sea

SSDD...the Russkie was simply trying to get the OIC to spill his coffee.

The Donald Cook is an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer equipped with the AEGIS system and a complement of SM-2 missiles...and I'd be willing to bet they saw that aircraft on radar a LONG way out.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom