• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "Among the calamities of war may be jointly numbered the diminution of the love of truth, by the falsehoods which interest dictates and credulity encourages."Samuel Johnson

You will be told what is the truth,but that truth will be determined by those who need to capture your opinion to further their own interests and their motives may hidden from you.

I am not asking you to believe Russian propaganda.I have no love for Russia or Putin.I am simply asking you to recognize the truth is not always what it seems.All governments have propaganda,all have their own version of the truth,and those in power all have motives that may be very different from yours.

What you recognize as the truth may not reflect reality.I am as guilty as any man in this regard,but at least I am aware of it and try to look deeper into the "truth".

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Even the NYT is noticing the lies and propaganda coming out of the Kremlin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/16/w...d-truth-about-ukraine.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

From the very article you posted.
    "There is no question that the new Ukrainian government and its Western allies, including the United States, have engaged in their own misinformation efforts at times, with officials in Kiev making bold pronouncements in recent days of enforcement efforts that never materialized. On Tuesday, some American officials were spreading unverified photographs allegedly showing Russian rocket launchers carried by pro-Russian demonstrators in eastern Ukraine."(those pictures where proved false by the way).Which is why I posted this....

"Among the calamities of war may be jointly numbered the diminution of the love of truth, by the falsehoods which interest dictates and credulity encourages."Samuel Johnson

You will be told what is the truth,but that truth will be determined by those who need to capture your opinion to further their own interests and their motives may hidden from you.

I am not asking you to believe Russian propaganda.I have no love for Russia or Putin.I am simply asking you to recognize the truth is not always what it seems.All governments have propaganda,all have their own version of the truth,and those in power all have motives that may be very different from yours.

What you recognize as the truth may not reflect reality.I am as guilty as any man in this regard,but at least I am aware of it and try to look deeper into the "truth".

Last edited:

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    not reading 53 pages. but throwing in my .02

yes, very possibly ww3 this is real news, not some dumbasses cattle.

this better not F with my civilian status. i will be rather angry and will forever hate Russians.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

I have already been called pro Putin,a Russian apologist ect...in this thread.Though I am clearly not.That is a great article,and I hope those who support a war take a few minutes to read it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, who are the fascists, again? Seems to me we're seeing who the real danger to the jews and others are and it's not the Ukraine.

Donetsk leaflet: Jews must register or face deportation - Israel News, Ynetnews

Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

Yeah... someone want to try putting this in perspective, or is it exactly as bad as it sounds?

bJ0Zr6U.gif

Edit: Bunch of Senators are talking about this now, and it's getting picked up by bigger news sources.

Love/hate to see where this leads. Granted, I can't see our current President charging into war due to anti-Semitism.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey - are we sure that Pro-Russian/Ukrainian Jewish registration thing isn't either a hoax or something super-localized? I mean, that seems to be a stretch. Secularism has been the norm for a long time in that area. Frankly, that's not really Putin's style, either. I can't imagine that being the idea of anyone in the Russian chain of command.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hey - are we sure that Pro-Russian/Ukrainian Jewish registration thing isn't either a hoax or something super-localized? I mean, that seems to be a stretch. Secularism has been the norm for a long time in that area. Frankly, that's not really Putin's style, either. I can't imagine that being the idea of anyone in the Russian chain of command.

Jewish Donetsk website suggests it's fake

Íîâîñòè - Äîíåöêàÿ åâðåéñêàÿ îáùèíà

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Yep,
    They mention it here from the link. :):

"Однако вскоре оказалось, что сам Денис Пушилин свою причастность категорически отвергает. Более того, он заверил членов еврейской общины Донецка, что к этой провокации непричастен. То же самое он заявил и в эфире ТРК «Донбасс», отметив, что никогда не называл себя народным губернатором, что печать явно поддельная и что с евреями у них никаких противоречий нет."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting tidbit from this (somewhat long) article:
    Putin: Russia?s great propagandist - FT.com

This month a representative of Mr Putin’s regime in the US signalled there could be more revisionist steps. Andranik Migranyan, the head of the US-based Institute for Democracy and Cooperation, a Putin-backed think-tank, published a commentary in which he rejected criticism of the Crimea annexation that compared it with Germany’s aggressive moves against its neighbours in the 1930s.

“One must distinguish between Hitler before 1939 and Hitler after 1939,” he wrote. “The thing is that Hitler collected [German] lands. If he had become famous only for uniting without a drop of blood Germany with Austria, Sudetenland and Memel, in fact completing what Bismarck failed to do, and if he had stopped there, then he would have remained a politician of the highest class.”

The thing is, he's probably right....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Putin doesn't need this right now, explaining the quick denial.

US ambassador thinks it's legit. Separatists denying they made the flyers. It's absolutely not an "official gov doc", nor intended to be one. We know they were made, and they were given to jews... but we do NOT know who made them.

Top Bottom