• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    They keep saying "pro-Russian militia". Yeah, I'll bet they're "militia". Totally not just Russian soldiers...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    They keep saying "pro-Russian militia". Yeah, I'll bet they're "militia". Totally not just Russian soldiers...
    Actually, the BBC piece I posted and a few others I've read this morning all have parts of them that ID the protagonists as Russian troops. They're not holding back now that that Vlad has signed on the dotted line and claimed it as Russian territory.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Israeli Def Minister Rips Obama: “U.S. Foreign Policy Is Collapsing All Over The World”

Good.... whatever that "policy" is. The world's most prominant economies (the ones we call "allies") were able to do so because they neglected their militaries (counting on us footing the dime for their protection), while focused on maintaining their wealth. As far as I'm concerned right now, they're learning the international version of "you can't carry a cop on your back."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Good.... whatever that "policy" is. The world's most prominant economies (the ones we call "allies") were able to do so because they neglected their militaries (counting on us footing the dime for their protection), while focused on maintaining their wealth. As far as I'm concerned right now, they're learning the international version of "you can't carry a cop on your back."
    Serious question. Do you not think all of these bold moves that are happening around the globe have any correlation to the U.S.'s collapse in a strong coherent foreign policy?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Serious question. Do you not think all of these bold moves that are happening around the globe have any correlation to the U.S.'s collapse in a strong coherent foreign policy?

I think that's a hard question to answer. I, personally, lean towards yes.... but I don't think that falls on the White House. We're been at war since 2001. I think the American public is getting tired of war. I think, if Barry had his way, we would have had boot on the ground in both Syria and Libya, but his plans for intervention (on a scale that he wouldve liked) were seriously rebuffed.
    The better question, is whether or not this is what we want. Prior to the US's entry into WWI there was the belief that European wars are European problems. Why should that be any different now? I'm not saying we should abandon our European allies, but, Europe has the means to defend themselves, so if something kicks off, let them spill their blood first, as a commitment to their freedom.
    And at the very least, if they do expect us to intervene, then they probably should start footing the bill for the military expendatures that benefit them.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I think that's a hard question to answer. I, personally, lean towards yes.... but I don't think that falls on the White House. We're been at war since 2001. I think the American public is getting tired of war. I think, if Barry had his way, we would have had boot on the ground in both Syria and Libya, but his plans for intervention (on a scale that he wouldve liked) were seriously rebuffed.
    The better question, is whether or not this is what we want. Prior to the US's entry into WWI there was the belief that European wars are European problems. Why should that be any different now? I'm not saying we should abandon our European allies, but, Europe has the means to defend themselves, so if something kicks off, let them spill their blood first, as a commitment to their freedom.
    And at the very least, if they do expect us to intervene, then they probably should start footing the bill for the military expendatures that benefit them.

You have hit the nail on the head. If they value freedom, let them show it by sacrficing their own blood and treasure to do so. While we sit back and wait this time.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I surmise that if we had a better war-time leader in the Oval Office right now, we would already be in war on the ground in Libya and Syria, and if waged well, this Ukraine/Crimea crap wouldn't even be happening, because Russia would already have an active American fighting force on the ground there.

I can't say our current war footing is better or worse than that I just described above.

As it is, I just can't see Obama having the balls to get into another world war right now. After the mid-terms… who knows?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seriously?
    Are you honestly in doubt that this administration hasn't allowed the US to lose credibility?

Credibility to do what? Go at it alone in a foreign land, putting the lives of American servicemembers at risk? Obama runs his mouth WAY too much, I'll give you that. Those "red line" speeches make me cringe, but I'm not going gto knock him for not taking the lead over an escalating European problem, when Europe is waffling over what to do.

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    Credibility to do what? Go at it alone in a foreign land, putting the lives of American servicemembers at risk? Obama runs his mouth WAY too much, I'll give you that. Those "red line" speeches make me cringe, but I'm not going gto knock him for not taking the lead over an escalating European problem, when Europe is waffling over what to do.

No, your comment seemed to read that our general current state of affairs wasn't the fault of the WH foreign policy.

I agree that this is a European problem. But I think the argument could be made that the current US foreign policy enabled this to happen.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    In what is a rare event, I agree with kutnupe.

Sending boots-on-the-ground to Eastern Europe at this point would be exactly like if we had sent US troops to China to assist the Chinese against the Japanese invasion in 1938 - it would serve our national interests, but we don't have the military muscle at present to make it more than a token effort. And the situation will be even worse in coming years. And - assuming we come to our senses and reject the Democrats in the near future for their many foreign and domestic policy failures - we're going to have to spend more resources and take more time to rebuild our strategic and tactical military forces to the level required to make the new generation of "nation stealers" back down again.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Given the trajectory we are on, it will matter little whether "Democrats" or "Republicans" are accepted.

The state will expand at the expense of Liberty.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Didn't we already threaten wider sanctions if they didn't leave Crimea? The one thing we can do, and it's still an empty threat!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Didn't we already threaten wider sanctions if they didn't leave Crimea? The one thing we can do, and it's still an empty threat!

Sanctions are pretty all we are willing to do. I'm fine with it. Now if Russia tries to expand into a NATO nation, then I'm all for laying the smack down. I used to think Putin wouldn't be that stupid, but now, I'm not so sure.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bjg4UXtCQAAv6-d.png:large

In other news... alleged pederast Harry Reid says the GOP helped Russia annex Crimea.

http://news.yahoo.com/reid-says-gop-may-helped-russia-annex-crimea-195810103.html

Last edited:
    Top Bottom