• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Now a mouthpiece for Putin is suggesting they divide Ukraine up along the Nazi era division lines. Anyone else thinking they have further plans to invade?
    Oh, heck yeah. I've been saying that all along. Ukraine will be done by end of Spring, and the Baltics have no better than a 50/50 chance of surviving intact by the end of the year.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sanctions are pretty all we are willing to do. I'm fine with it. Now if Russia tries to expand into a NATO nation, then I'm all for laying the smack down. I used to think Putin wouldn't be that stupid, but now, I'm not so sure.

What "smack down" would that be? We have neither the will nor the ability to smack anyone down and certainly not Russia in a European ground war.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    O just spoke at some nuclear summit. Called the Ukraine situation a "scuffle", called Russia a "regional power". By definition, a country with ICBM's is not a "regional" power.

Oddly, the media isn't calling him out on his GAFFES

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone doubt that the world stage is being set for a world war? Look at the run up to the first two. It's almost like everyone's reading their lines from the same play book.

I think you are right.
    I don't wear the foil, but I think a major world war is/has been designed out of necessity. Unsustainable world population and struggle for absolute hierarchy being the reasons.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What "smack down" would that be? We have neither the will nor the ability to smack anyone down and certainly not Russia in a European ground war.

The invasion of a NATO nation requires a response from ALL member nations. There's absolutely no way that would be allowed to stand. Russia isn't the USSR, there capabilities are severely limited. There's zero doubt in my mind that Russdia could take a NATO nation, and realistically expect to keep it.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: Harry Reid is a Kremlin Agent Who Personally Planned the Invasion of Crimea, May Defect | Washington Free Beacon

Those familiar with the allegations of Harry Reid's pederasty may find this article shocking and telling.

c14.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The invasion of a NATO nation requires a response from ALL member nations. There's absolutely no way that would be allowed to stand. Russia isn't the USSR, there capabilities are severely limited. There's zero doubt in my mind that Russdia could take a NATO nation, and realistically expect to keep it.
    While I am sure there would be much huffing and puffing nothing would be done. The UK, France and Germany are not going to war over Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania. They just don't have the stomach for it. This isn't 1939 and Poland. There would be much angst, perhaps another red line drawn in the wind, and much reassurance of those who are left that they are secure and will be protected.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    While I am sure there would be much huffing and puffing nothing would be done. The UK, France and Germany are not going to war over Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania. They just don't have the stomach for it. This isn't 1939 and Poland. There would be much angst, perhaps another red line drawn in the wind, and much reassurance of those who are left that they are secure and will be protected.

We'll simply have to disagree on this. The failure of NATO to act over the invasion of a member nation, would throw the world into turmoil. IMO, failure to act immediately, would unseat a president with ease.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    No, it's 2014, but it's going to look exactly like 1939 in Poland. Russia will probably be slightly smarter than Hitler's Germany, but then Russia is better situated to do what Hitler's Germany tried and couldn't. The same aversion to a massive conventional war will empower Putin the same way it empowered Hitler. And the same massive conventional war that Europe had to fight because it ignored the threat in the early stages will be the same massive conventional war Europe will have to fight because it ignored the threat in the early stages. Guess history does repeat itself.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, it's 2014, but it's going to look exactly like 1939 in Poland. Russia will probably be slightly smarter than Hitler's Germany, but then Russia is better situated to do what Hitler's Germany tried and couldn't. The same aversion to a massive conventional war will empower Putin the same way it empowered Hitler. And the same massive conventional war that Europe had to fight because it ignored the threat in the early stages will be the same massive conventional war Europe will have to fight because it ignored the threat in the early stages. Guess history does repeat itself.

Actually, the situations are quite similar, and Putin may make Hitler's mistake. When the Germans invaded Poland, Hitler was confident that he'd only have to deal with France. When Great Britain declared war on Germany, he was infuriated.

And without a doubt, Germany had a waaaay better chance of success, than today's Russia (as envisioned by Hitler). The entrance of the UK and the US- both things that hadn't be accounted for, changed the dynamic. Russia can't win a conventional war against the combined might of NATO (or even a select few members). Putin in playing poker, with a bad hand, someone just needs to call his bluff.
    The Russian military is tech inferior, and untested. That little skirmish with the Chechens and Georgian illustrate how incompetent their forces are.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    There are things we aren't planning on as well. I doubt Russia will go into this alone, but who will be backing them up?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There are things we aren't planning on as well. I doubt Russia will go into this alone, but who will be backing them up?

Interesting you should say that.... India, China, and Russia appear to be making a move on the petrodollar. That's a game changer, and if it happens, there will be bloodshed. Borders are one thing, but money and oil is what wars are started over today.

Top Bottom