• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Russia's markets improve on news of sanctions.

The EU is really crushing them.

As I said, the EU doesn't have it in them to do what it would take to force Russia's hand. They're just paying lip service to being upset enough take "action."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wonder where Putin and others got the idea that maybe this Administration isn't a serious one...

ACA Bracket | The White House

Your tax dollars at work, America.

An unprofessional debacle.

Iran is building nukes. Syria is killing its own citizens. Putin is reconstituting the old USSR. Obama tweets twerking videos. Awesome.

Edit: Putin signs decree recognizing Crimea as sovereign state, Russian news agencies report

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    As I said, the EU doesn't have it in them to do what it would take to force Russia's hand. They're just paying lip service to being upset enough take "action."

Well, why not? If the EU really wants Russia to take a particular (read: different) course, and if you are correct that the EU can coerce Russia to take that course, then why aren't they doing it?

And if the EU really doesn't want Russia to take a different course, why not?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, why not? If the EU really wants Russia to take a particular (read: different) course, and if you are correct that the EU can coerce Russia to take that course, then why aren't they doing it?

And if the EU really doesn't want Russia to take a different course, why not?

There's reciprocity in the enconomies. Punishing Russia through EU sanctions will also hurt the EU, though nearly as much. The EU wants Russia out the Crimea, but they want it done with out a negative effect on their economy. I know how smart you are 88, so I'm inclined to believe you are just stirring the pot that actually failing to "get it."

For an example, when apartheid was law in South Africa, the US was vehemently opposed to the institutaion. However, it was reluctant to come down hard on them, for 2 reasons: they were a bastion of anti-Communism, and the were the number 1 producer of maganese (a product used in refining steel). The economic and political interests of the US trumped social policy.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There's reciprocity in the enconomies. Punishing Russia through EU sanctions will also hurt the EU, though nearly as much. The EU wants Russia out the Crimea, but they want it done with out a negative effect on their economy. I know how smart you are 88, so I'm inclined to believe you are just stirring the pot that actually failing to "get it."

For an example, when apartheid was law in South Africa, the US was vehemently opposed to the institutaion. However, it was reluctant to come down hard on them, for 2 reasons: they were a bastion of anti-Communism, and the were the number 1 producer of maganese (a product used in refining steel). The economic and political interests of the US trumped social policy.
    So, the EU doesn't have the leverage to get it done. Yeah, I get it. Got it, actually. Way back in the thread when I said the same thing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, the EU doesn't have the leverage to get it done. Yeah, I get it. Got it, actually. Way back in the thread when I said the same thing.

Apparently, you don't. So much for trying to connect the dots for you.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's pretty simple. I don't have to come to the same conclusion to "get it." And if the EU can't make a move because it will hurt itself in the process, then I was correct: it doesn't have the leverage.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Putin is unstoppable at this point without an all-out military confrontation. What's more, he knows it. Baltic states had better be paying attention.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Russian Foreign Minister to US Secretary of State: Western sanctions 'will not remain without consequences'

So welcome to Cold War 2 - Electric Boogaloo.

"Fear is a wonderful deterrent and it's cheaper than going to war." -Dana Loesch

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Putin is unstoppable at this point without an all-out military confrontation. What's more, he knows it. Baltic states had better be paying attention.

Inncorrect, there's no type of military action that will stop Putin. The fact that it hasn't been employed means that's it doomed to failed if tried. I mean, if it would work, why wouldn't it have been used already?

Top Bottom