• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Expect them not to go after Rouhani or Khamenei for the same reason we didn't nuke Tokyo - there needs to be someone left to offer unconditional surrender

But, come to think of it, we only need one of them

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm going have to question your view on this. Both Iraq and Iran are flooding streets with mourners. The Iraqi parliament has voted (non-binding) to expel foreign troops. The president is talking nonsense about destroying cultural sites, and sanctioning Iraq if troops are expelled. More troops are headed to the Middle East. I think this is playing out better than Iran could have possibly dreamed.

That's why I'm giving it some time. All the leadership involved is blustering about this, what's for public consumption and what's for real I don't think has surfaced. You said earlier that the Iran leadership doesn't want a war as it will cost them being in charge and that's probably true, but they've been made to look foolish which doesn't help in a place where fanatics are given credibility. A government run by the equivalent of a religious mafia can see leadership replaced with unpleasant consequences. I remember Mr. Ghotbzadeh getting executed after the hostage crisis.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

"One funeral organiser has called on every Iranian to donate money towards an $80million bounty on Trump's head, according to Iranian television."

Pretty sad statement that their government needs to start what amounts to a gofundme page... Doesn't really inspire a great deal of confidence in their ability to carry out these threats. Maybe they could have a bake sale too. :rolleyes:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Boots on the ground and bombs in the air are different things. I think we're going with a Nuke the Moon foreign policy; if they think we're crazy maybe they'll leave us alone. If not then nuke 'em.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Just to be clear on the ground rules going forward, if disputing the Dem's/media's version of events around Ukraine and the impeachment meant you were spreading Russian propaganda, does countering Trump's claims on Iran now mean those people are guilty of spreading Iranian propaganda?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Alright, some clarification/walkback coming now. We have 5000 troops in Iraq. Only a few hundred are being relocated to "thin out" the presence.

Current facilities have a maximum density of personnel. Trading out support for warfighters, is my guess.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley: “That letter is a draft, it was a mistake, it was unsigned, it should not have been released…poorly worded, implies withdrawal, that is not what’s happening”

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley: “That letter is a draft, it was a mistake, it was unsigned, it should not have been released…poorly worded, implies withdrawal, that is not what’s happening”

And who [STRIKE]leaked[/STRIKE] released that classified document?

Top Bottom