• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The NYT running with some Iranian propaganda coverage all morning.

ENsHRERWsAEGLKp

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Never heard of that one. Heard of the Pink Floyd disaster

General admission, crowd surging against the doors. The venue opened only one set of doors. They were big double doors that opened outward and people got trapped between two layers of glass (doors and the adjoining windows) like bacteria on a microscope slide as the crowd surged toward the only entrance. Asphyxiation

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    McConnell tells reporters it is "not appropriate" for the U.S. to target Iranian cultural sites, siding with the secretary of defense and against President Trump.

Trump says US prepared to attack if Iran retaliates for Soleimani. Says the US was retaliating against Soleimani but says details classified. On targeting cultural sites, Trump questions why Iran kills Americans but US has to be gentle, but says he likes to obey the law.

So one of those things where he says something, but probably never intended to follow-through.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It is not a war crime to target a cultural site if it is associated with a target of military value. Also, not all cultural sites are equal...some that the media would declare are may not fit the actual definition.

The military will follow the law, all targeted sites will have a military value. If they are running a HQ out of a cultural site, have weapons in the compound etc they are good to get shot.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Anyone remember the "anti-war" media that kept printing that picture of a building we destroyed that housed weapons or whatever and in the middle of all the rubble someone placed a sign that said (I think) "Baby Formula Factory" in English. The stupid media completely fell for it.
    I think this was in Libya at the time? Maybe during the Regan days?

I would love to find that picture again.
    Anyone have this one?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Anyone remember the "anti-war" media that kept printing that picture of a building we destroyed that housed weapons or whatever and in the middle of all the rubble someone placed a sign that said (I think) "Baby Formula Factory" in English. The stupid media completely fell for it.
    I think this was in Libya at the time? Maybe during the Regan days?

I would love to find that picture again.
    Anyone have this one?

Al-Shifa_pharmaceutical_factory
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Shifa_pharmaceutical_factory

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    CNN's chyrons are on another level

Rules for CIC communication on military ops.

1) Say nothing ahead of or during op.
    2) After op, issue a short press release with limited details and only facts, IF NECESSARY. Some ops require no public statement.
    3) Upon completion of 2), STFU. No mansplaining required. No tweets required. STFU.
    4) If in doubt, see 3). STFU.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CNN also apparently had on Masoumeh Ebtekar to propagandize on behalf of the regime for 16 minutes without mentioning that she was the unapologetic spokesperson for the terrorists behind the 1979 Embassy attack

Top Bottom