• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I wasn't aware that OH had a duty to retreat.

I also do not necessarily agree with the author that the victim should have carried and used pepper spray.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    TEXAS!

This is a Defensive Rope Use rather than a Defensive Gun Use, but it's too good to pass up:
    Stickup ends when cowboy store clerk lassos robber
    That's pretty much the whole story, except the cops had to use a knife to free the robber he was tied up so tightly.

texasflag.gif

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Grandpa with a Sig!

[h=1]Ohio grandfather with gun stops intruder: 'They picked the wrong house'[/h]https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-grandfather-gun-intruder

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is an oldie, but I always liked one line
    [url]https://gunsnfreedom.com/chicago-thugs-attempt-robbery-at-senior-citizens-club-in-indiana-65-year-old-shoots-back/2207[/URL]
    Chicago Thugs Attempt Robbery at Senior Citizens Club in Indiana, 65-Year-Old Shoots Back

Sturgis said he hopes the shooting will send a message to the younger people who want to cause trouble from Chicago.
    “We’re in Indiana, they [are] from Illinois, they don’t know people got permits to carry guns, so bang bang, that is what happened,” Sturgis said.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    This sounds familiar -- it happened back in May -- but I don't see it in this forum, so here goes:
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/pastor-wife-shoot-kill-alleged-burglar-houston-home/story?id=62847146
    Per HPD:
    "A preliminary investigation revealed the residents were asleep in their bed when they were awakened by a loud noise. While investigating the cause of the noise, they noticed their backyard gate was opened and saw a male (suspect) in their back yard," police said in a statement released on Monday.

"The suspect then forced his way and gained entry into the residence. The residents, in fear for their lives, discharged their firearms several times, striking the suspect," the statement read.
    Couple called 911. Suspect died on scene.
    As usual cops said will be presented to grand jury, have seen no news accounts about that, but I suspect they did not have anything to worry about.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    https://www.click2houston.com/news/...-into-store?__vfz=rtw_top_pages=4765900019402

Houston, Texas.

Robbers used a pickup truck to back into a gas station convenience store, trying to loosen the ATM so they could steal it. When then first attempt didn't work the pickup smashed into the store again. Then...
    At this point, four other people waiting outside the store rushed inside to try and take the ATM, so the store clerk grabbed a pistol in each hand and opened fire on the group, authorities said.
    The robbers fled. A couple customers in the store were not injured, but police noted they were lucky they were not run over.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    An update on the good guy, and well worth clicking the link:
    https://www.pilotonline.com/news/cr...0190829-ufii37kspbd63oymnqbdgpcqga-story.html

RTWT.

OK, that was a great read. :yesway:

Still holding his drink in one hand, he fired first at the robber behind the counter.

That incident gave me a training idea. I will call it "Multi-Task Training" or "MTT".
    Draw and shoot while sipping on a Big Gulp. When I master that, I'll step it up by eating a donut.

What's funny is you guys will think I'm kidding. :n00b:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    The very first Action Pistol stage I shot started with a cup in one hand and a cell phone case in the other. It was amazing how quickly your body decided what needed to be done when the beeper went off...

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I suspect that the urge to hang onto things that are valuable to you is stronger than the urge to hang onto a couple props at a stage, especially when you are not really surprised by the buzzer going off.

Some years back on another gun a fellow (coincidentally from Indiana) recounted how when he came home from shopping at the grocery store he surprised two burgers, and himself, in his apartment.

He later realized that he automatically shifted the bag of groceries from his right arm to his left arm, THEN drew his pistol. He didn’t even think about putting down the groceries until the burglars had hightailed it out if there.

One of my NCOs injured his knee trying to save a computer monitor he was carrying when he stumbled walking up some steps. Although intellectually he knew that the monitor was old and simply going to DRMO (to be sold as surplus), his ingrained response was To not damage the monitor while trying to recapture his balance.

Top Bottom