• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good thing there are no more BG's between you and your car!

Its a calculated risk. Just like we dont carry rifles, even though they are more powerful. Most incidents are 3x3x3, so in the car to top off is better than none at all. :dunno: (and I would hope I wouldnt take it to slide lock if I were in that position, though no guarantees)

At least its not at home in the ammo box.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Of my two DGU's one was one on one and the other was two on one. In both instances I intimidated them into backing off (whew) and never had to draw.

Putting my hand on the gun was enough, Had they been armed or more experienced it could have ended differently.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I wonder if he'll get fired for having a gun......... and making a mess on the floor....... and killing the printer.

R.I.P. Printer.
    5NPeMYl.gif

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The discussion does make me feel even warmer and fuzzier about my 18-round Glock 19X with its 19 round spare magazines.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Houston Texas

Even after watching the video interview, there's some missing details from this, but looks like the right outcome so far:
    Woman shoots man who reached into car and tried to steal purse in SW Houston: Police

0230, woman pulls into apartment parking lot, with driver window partly down, five guys approach her car and try reach in and steal her purse. She pulls a gun (apparently from the same purse) and unloads it on them, apparently shooting out her passenger side window (dunno if it was partly down as well). One ne'er-do-well found later on other side of apartment complex with a bullet wound, undergoing surgery, will be charged with aggravated robbery. Plot twist: she had only two rounds in her gun.

There's got to be more to the story. Aggravated robbery requires the perp to have inflicted (not just threatened) serious bodily injury or displayed a weapon, unless the victim is 65 yo or older or disabled. The victim doesn't look 65 nor disabled, or injured, so I am guessing somebody showed a weapon. Robbery or Aggravated Robbery are justifications to use deadly force under Texas law.

Also, in Texas you are presumed to have acted reasonably if you use deadly force on someone who has unlawfully entered your occupied habitation or vehicle with force. "Force" doesn't have to be much, it can be as simple as opening a door. If someone reached through an open window, though, I don't know if this counts as force.

Update:

This Washington Post article says the DA declined to file charges against the woman.

It also says she saw that the men were indeed armed.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/nat...r-says-her-gun-saved-her-life/?outputType=amp

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Houston, Texas, About a month ago:
    https://www.click2houston.com/news/...rush-hour-incident-on-east-freeway-police-say

One car hits another on I-10 freeway, Second car spins out to a stop.

Guy in first car gets out with an “AR15” and fires into the second car, hitting the two people, not yet identified, in the front seat.

Shooter turns towards a nearby witness who was also armed, witness fires shots at shooter. Shooter gets back in the first car and leaves, unknown whether he was wounded or not.

Armed witness and somebody else perform CPR on the people in the second car, but neither survive. Cops pull two clear baggies full of marijuana out of the second car.

If you see a Hispanic male approximately 5 foot seven wearing a red shirt (but no pants?) running around Houston be sure to let the police know.

There was a report that a previously deported illegal alien had been arrested in nearby Navasota in connection with this killing, but that turned out to be false. The previously reported illegal alien was arrested in connection with a different murder in Houston.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Holy ****! She really needed to not let him get that close.

I was reminded of the great Tuco when watching that.

When you have to shoot. Shoot. Don't talk.

[video=youtube;sTcBgs2huRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTcBgs2huRo[/video]

Eli Wallach actually improvised that line. When he did, the whole crew burst out laughing. He didn't see why it was funny. Just seemed sensible to him.:dunno:

She spent too much time telling him she was gonna shoot him and not nearly enough time actually shooting him.

I have wondered since watching that; is this just poor training? Does she just have the wrong mindset for police work? Or are some officers worrying too much about being the next target of the social justice warrior mob for shooting another unarmed black dude?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It was a setup. the gun had blanks in it. She let him get it on camera so the backup could take him out with no questions asked.

BLM: If she had not been threatening him with a gun, he would not have HAD to take it away from her! He was an unarmed black man goaded into actions that got him (an innocent) killed by hostile white cops.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I can MQB as well as anyone, so ...

It appears to me that at about :36 or :37 she does not yet have the gun in her hand, but the struggle is on and he has grabbed her left arm. She blades her body to him, and you can see her right arm go back and her elbow go up as if she is drawing her handgun. While she's drawing he punches her in the head, which probably disrupted her ability to bring the gun to bear. He grabs her gun hand, which is now totally tied up holding the gun and trying to protect it, and he is controlling it so she can't shoot him. He beats her to the ground, controlling her gun hand while beating her with his other fist. Once on the ground he pins her gun hand and strips away the weapon.

One thing I got out of the substantial amount of knife defense training I went through is I have to defend against the initial attack - stop it, deflect it, break contact/make distance, whatever -- then transition to taking counter attack with my own weapon. Trying to draw and deploy my own weapons while simultaneously fighting off the attack was a loser option every time and got me stabbed a lot. Even if at that point I can draw and shoot, I've still lost because I'm full of holes. I've seen some suggest blading the body to protect the holstered gun, defending with the non-gun arm, and drawing at the same time, but it is really easy for an attacker using his entire body to blast through your one arm and foul the draw or knock you on your butt. As in this case. If he had had a knife she would have been cut to pieces instead of just bruised.

But if you have no option other than draw and shoot, because you don't have any serious empty hand skills...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My friend Dusty Rhodes (not the wrestler) told me years ago that if a woman could not raise a 40 foot wooden ladder by her self she should not be a lineman.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I can MQB as well as anyone, so ...

One thing I got out of the substantial amount of knife defense training I went through is I have to defend against the initial attack - stop it, deflect it, break contact/make distance, whatever -- then transition to taking counter attack with my own weapon. Trying to draw and deploy my own weapons while simultaneously fighting off the attack was a loser option every time and got me stabbed a lot. Even if at that point I can draw and shoot, I've still lost because I'm full of holes. I've seen some suggest blading the body to protect the holstered gun, defending with the non-gun arm, and drawing at the same time, but it is really easy for an attacker using his entire body to blast through your one arm and foul the draw or knock you on your butt. As in this case. If he had had a knife she would have been cut to pieces instead of just bruised.

But if you have no option other than draw and shoot, because you don't have any serious empty hand skills...

Knife section of a class I took we used stun guns. Man I got lit up and bruised. Quite a bit. Real eye opener for me on in close uses.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Houston Texas
    https://www.click2houston.com/news/...death-at-scene-of-house-fire-firefighters-say

Woman and man argue, woman calls police, man leaves house before they get there. Police leave, man comes back and throws a "lit accelerant" into the house, setting it afire. Woman runs down street with man chasing her and stabbing her with a "sharp object." Neighbor comes out and shoots man, killing him. Woman taken to hospital, listed in critical condition.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Houston Texas
    https://www.click2houston.com/news/...death-at-scene-of-house-fire-firefighters-say

Woman and man argue, woman calls police, man leaves house before they get there. Police leave, man comes back and throws a "lit accelerant" into the house, setting it afire. Woman runs down street with man chasing her and stabbing her with a "sharp object." Neighbor comes out and shoots man, killing him. Woman taken to hospital, listed in critical condition.

Unfortunately, I would have done the same thing.

But in my experience of domestic cases....
    The woman will probably sue the neighbor for interfering because she loved the guy he shot.

I have rarely seen the females of these actually press charges against or leave their significant others. Even with restraining orders, I've seen them let the guy back in.

I stopped getting between fighting couples when the girl (after being close fisted straight punched while on the hard ground) took her shoe off and started whacking my head because I was hurting her boyfriend.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Hockley Texas:

https://abc30.com/movie-theater-manager-kills-man-who-beat-her-with-bat-police/5542658/

Hockley Texas (northwest of Houston):
    Two movie theater (a drive-in! how many of those are left?) managers are at end of shift when one notices something going on in concession area. She investigates, surprises two men, one of which starts beating her with a bat. She draws a handgun and kills him. Police searching for other man.

Top Bottom