• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One easy and early example, the "Muslim ban". Had he instead invoked "enhanced vetting of individuals from places that spawn terrorists intent on attacking us at home..." he would not have "turned off" people in the middle who supported this sensible strategy.... and prevailed when he later, well his administration, took this approach. The Dems/MSM would have appeared the extremists rather than him and his administration.
    That's a good example to talk about the difference. The MSM pushed the "don't say gay" label on DeSantis's bill. Trump would just have said, "they're fake news" and started a twitter war with whoever in the press said the thing. I like the way DeSantis has handled the "don't say gay bill" stuff. He gets specific about what the bill actually says and points out exactly what the lies are.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Nope, but most of the consternation about Trump and his personality/mean tweets is driven by the media. Both progressives and TDS’ers make similar points.
    Sure, just write off what people here on INGO have told you about their opinions as TDS. I guess it is bow down to Trump or TDS.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How did that approach work out for McCain and Romney? Two men that are often used as a RINO poster child.

Something, something, insanity, Einstein…
    McCain and Romney never responded at all. That's been the Republican MO for decades. Just stand there and "not dignify that with a response". It's asnine. If you don't respond, people think it's true. Also, if you just call the authors of the articles you don't like, "fake news" rather than specifically addressing the lies themselves, responding with irrefutable facts, it's not much better than no response at all. I think you guys are so caught up with finding faults with DeSantis to exploit that you're incapable of seeing what a reasonable response to ******** from a Republican should look like.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    donald trump GIF by franceinfo (GIF Image)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sure, just write off what people here on INGO have told you about their opinions as TDS. I guess it is bow down to Trump or TDS.
    It is the whole notion that if all was the same, if Trump was just a sweetheart, he would have/will be elected, but since Trump is Trump, some other candidate will get elected on the Trump platform because they are nice. POPPYCOCK…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Like I said. That may be satisfying for Trumpers. And I have to admit I found it entertaining. But it didn't do anything to address or expose the progressive media lies. Like the bit about "not sending their best." Trump did not do as well as he could have with countering that. Contrast that with the "don't say gay" bill. The only people who think the bill really does that are the people who are insane anyway.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    :scratch: Really? Did I miss the post where you proved it?
    Really simple, Trump is treated with very little difference than Romney and McCain, thus showing it is the message, not the messenger that draws the fire. Then couple that with that he beat them once and had the votes to do it again and they ramp up more of that fire.

Very little to do with mean tweets…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is the whole notion that if all was the same, if Trump was just a sweetheart, he would have/will be elected, but since Trump is Trump, some other candidate will get elected on the Trump platform because they are nice. POPPYCOCK…
    No. He doesn't have to be a sweetheart. He just has to behave like a statesman and not play right into the narrative that they're writing about him. Behaving like a statesman doesn't imply nobility. It implies political savvy. Communication skills. Etcetera. You don't lie down and take it like McCain and Romney. Fight back, but do so in a way that doesn't support what they claim.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Really simple, Trump is treated with very little difference than Romney and McCain, thus showing it is the message, not the messenger that draws the fire. Then couple that with that he beat them once and had the votes to do it again and they ramp up more of that fire.

1678744251743.png

Can't have it both ways Mike. Either he's been the most mistreated POTUS in history, which you guys have pretty much said. Or he's treated with very little difference than Romney and McCain.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No. He doesn't have to be a sweetheart. He just has to behave like a statesman and not play right into the narrative that they're writing about him. Behaving like a statesman doesn't imply nobility. It implies political savvy. Communication skills. Etcetera. You don't lie down and take it like McCain and Romney. Fight back, but do so in a way that doesn't support what they claim.
    Rephrased, do it my way, not the way that made the guy a sucessful billionaire and won the presidency once or twice depending on how folks define it…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rephrased, do it my way, not the way that made the guy a sucessful billionaire and won the presidency once or twice depending on how folks define it…

Being a successful billionaire has some transferable skills. But for Trump, not enough to manage through the expectations. That's part of the job.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    View attachment 262378

Can't have it both ways Mike. Either he's been the most mistreated POTUS in history, which you guys have pretty much said. Or he's treated with very little difference than Romney and McCain.
    Answered above, they ramped it up when he beat them, ramped it up to remove him, ramped it up to defeat his re-election, and even ramped it up to keep him from running again. But make no mistake it is the same tactics used in the others, just escalated to combat the success Trump had. If Romney/McCain would have won and governed conservatively they would have gotten the treatment too…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Answered above, they ramped it up when he beat them, ramped it up to remove him, ramped it up to defeat his re-election, and even ramped it up to keep him from running again. But make no mistake it is the same tactics used in the others, just escalated to combat the success Trump had. If Romney/McCain would have won and governed conservatively they would have gotten the treatment too…
    Answered above. Hmmm. I’m skeptical.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

How many more times do you want?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So anyone not a Trumper is a progressive?
    You must be new to INGO.

I don't like Trump because he's not a conservative. He had the chance to lower the deficit, instead he went populist and raised it.

Like I said. That may be satisfying for Trumpers. And I have to admit I found it entertaining. But it didn't do anything to address or expose the progressive media lies. Like the bit about "not sending their best." Trump did not do as well as he could have with countering that. Contrast that with the "don't say gay" bill. The only people who think the bill really does that are the people who are insane anyway.
    If anything, he simply created his own set of lies of a similar magnitude. The talking heads at Fox knew it was lies, but went ahead and parroted them anyways.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Nothing about DeSantis is a "kinder, gentler" version of Trump.

Smarter and more disciplined... staying on message in pointing out the MSM lies... choosing his battles wisely... you betcha... "nicer"? Nope!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You must be new to INGO.

I don't like Trump because he's not a conservative. He had the chance to lower the deficit, instead he went populist and raised it.

If anything, he simply created his own set of lies of a similar magnitude. The talking heads at Fox knew it was lies, but went ahead and parroted them anyways.
    Which lies?

Top Bottom