Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When Trump was first saying many of the things that are AF mainstream now, he was way out in left field but went on to deliver

Ramaswamy is saying things that people want to hear, but there is the nagging concern that he is just another con artist wanting to climb on Trump's/AF's bandwagon now that those ideas ARE mainstream in some sectors

Where was he in 2017 - 2020? Why wasn't he supporting the ideas he is championing now when someone else was trying to implement them? The possibility exists that he is just another opportunist seeing what's in it for him. That's what makes people cautious

He is saying things that need to be said, and I'm glad he is, but I'm not ready to hand him the keys

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    When Trump was first saying many of the things that are AF mainstream now, he was way out in left field but went on to deliver

Ramaswamy is saying things that people want to hear, but there is the nagging concern that he is just another con artist wanting to climb on Trump's/AF's bandwagon now that those ideas ARE mainstream in some sectors

Where was he in 2017 - 2020? Why wasn't he supporting the ideas he is championing now when someone else was trying to implement them? The possibility exists that he is just another opportunist seeing what's in it for him. That's what makes people cautious

He is saying things that need to be said, and I'm glad he is, but I'm not ready to hand him the keys

You do realize his age, right?

You're expecting a storied political history from someone who JUST became old enough to legally run for senate.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He was wealthy and had a potential platform because of it. The Kochs and McIntoshs of the world manage to get their opinions heard. I'm not expecting him to have a political history but I also don't buy the transition from someone who couldn't be bothered to engage with politics (he didn't even vote by his own admission) to someone who feels he can slide into the big chair and fix everything - especially given the difficulty Trump faced from both sides of the establishment

That raises the specter of cynical manipulation of people's hopes and dreams for personal gain with no intention of delivering. He is poised and has good answers, but his plan to implement his 'policies' seems to be 'here a miracle happens'. I like him but he hasn't given me enough information to actually believe in him. The pie in the sky stuff makes me think he'd make a better Libertarian. It wouldn't surprise me if he came out in favor of a return to the gold standard any day now

The most charitable interpretation I can give is that too many people believe that Trump is not extraordinary and that if he can become president than anyone can. The political battlefield is already littered with their corpses

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know some folks still hold out hope for DeSantis. I don’t think it’s gonna happen. I posted what betting people are thinking. They think Nikky Haley has a better shot at becoming president. Hell. Mike Obama has even odds with DeSantis.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Anyone seeking to outlive, outlast, and outplay Trump will need an equal amount of charisma. Unfortunately for DeSantis, the negative stuff sticks more than it should because he wasn’t blessed with that charisma. He has to do what Richard Nixon did: find a way to appeal to people anyway by talking to them and connecting with them. If he’s done that in his town halls or campaign stops, it’s never made its way out into the ether.

Hopefully, this isn’t the ultimate fate of DeSantis, but he’d have done much better if he’d either run as Trump’s Veep or else waited until 2028.

By now, DeSantis should have more followers on Youtube than 28K. The views on his videos are so low you’d think he was an amateur in politics, a nobody. But he’s not. He’s become, or so the media would tell us, Trump’s main rival for the nomination. But based on what exactly?

Top Bottom