• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Which DeSantis supporters would that be? Seems to be Trumpers and a lot of unknowns right now.

That also doesn't change the fact that National polls are meaningless for a Presidential election.
    Wait. Are we believing in poll numbers now? Can someone let me know when that changes again?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I guess the theory is, people believe in them when they fit the narrative they believe in.
    No. They believe them when they believe someone else believes them so they can ask them why they didn't believe them. In the meantime the they they are referring to doesn't agree with their assessment of their position.

It continues until they really don't know who they are and Noone knows someone is talking about everyone without anyone knowing who the subject and object they are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. They believe them when they believe someone else believes them so they can ask them why they didn't believe them. In the meantime the they they are referring to doesn't agree with their assessment of their position.

It continues until they really don't know who they are and Noone knows someone is talking about everyone without anyone knowing who the subject and object they are.
    :n00b:

I'm not sure I followed that. :):

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News (GIF Image)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That also doesn't change the fact that National polls are meaningless for a Presidential election.
    Since polling doesn't exist for all 50 states individually, and if it did those individual polls would have to be parsed with respect to electoral college totals, national polling is the best available stand in for comparison purposes in a national election

Not meaningless, change in specific parameters over time is indicative of trends in voter sentiment and intent

You only believe the grapes are sour

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Since polling doesn't exist for all 50 states individually, and if it did those individual polls would have to be parsed with respect to electoral college totals, national polling is the best available stand in for comparison purposes in a national election

Not meaningless, change in specific parameters over time is indicative of trends in voter sentiment and intent

You only believe the grapes are sour
    I don't care one way or another.

It is indicative of nothing. As discussed, there are only a handful of States at play in the election. What people in California or Indiana think is irrelevant.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't care one way or another.

It is indicative of nothing. As discussed, there are only a handful of States [believed to be] at play in the election. What people in California or Indiana think is irrelevant.
    For extra credit - how well did the list of states 'conventional wisdom' believed were in play in Trump's first election match up with the actual states that were in fact in play?

Why do you believe the current version of 'conventional wisdom' when its track record is so dismal

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    For extra credit - how well did the list of states 'conventional wisdom' believed were in play in Trump's first election match up with the actual states that were in fact in play?

Why do you believe the current version of 'conventional wisdom' when its track record is so dismal
    Which of those states results were shown in a nationwide poll? You can try to pivot all you want, but there is no correlation between a nationwide poll and individual State results. A lack of polling for individual States, does not make a nationwide poll anymore relevant.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Which of those states results were shown in a nationwide poll? You can try to pivot all you want, but there is no correlation between a nationwide poll and individual State results. A lack of polling for individual States, does not make a nationwide poll anymore relevant.
    Nor any less

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We believe whatever Donald Trump tells us. If he says it's good, it's good. If he says boys can become girls, it must be true.
    And 'we' get salty because so many people don't believe what Ron is telling us - even though 'we' don't have a guy

DeSantis' deficit to Biden ticked lower by 0.6 in the RCP average today. Too bad that's meaningless, yes?

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    And 'we' get salty because so many people don't believe what Ron is telling us - even though 'we' don't have a guy

DeSantis' deficit to Biden ticked lower by 0.6 in the RCP average today. Too bad that's meaningless, yes?
    I'm not sure how he's doing in the key states, but he's one of a few that would work just fine. I could see Nikki Haley winning.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you rebutted it with your opinion? I mean that’s okay and all. But it’s hardly a rebuttal.
    Are you following along? Oz accused folks of changing standards on polls, My opinions on polls have been posted several times, so yep, my opinion is an appropriate rebuttal to that…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are you following along? Oz accused folks of changing standards on polls, My opinions on polls have been posted several times, so yep, my opinion is an appropriate rebuttal to that…
    Mike, I believe the quote you are looking for is:

"what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    If you meant me, I did no such thing. Just pointing out the fact that people only seem to show poll results when they favor their person and/or cause.

Top Bottom