• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you meant me, I did no such thing. Just pointing out the fact that people only seem to show poll results when they favor their person and/or cause.
    There is no binary concerning polls, they are mostly shades of gray in how they are constructed. I believe most polls have a left bias, the more polarized the issue the greater the likelihood of that bias being a major factor.

Then comes the presentation, if a left source has a poll showing bidet has falling support I find that more believable than if the same source was saying that about a republican.

The rolling averages are useful to show trends even if they are off on the numbers.

And finally, most polls are biased against Trump to assist the establishment…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Since polling doesn't exist for all 50 states individually, and if it did those individual polls would have to be parsed with respect to electoral college totals, national polling is the best available stand in for comparison purposes in a national election

Not meaningless, change in specific parameters over time is indicative of trends in voter sentiment and intent

You only believe the grapes are sour
    Sometimes you can find some polls for particular states. Iowa and New Hampshire are pretty popular. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of polls in those states from now to January, many of which on head to head D vs R.

Unfortunately the polls in swing states matter most.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like DeSantis is becoming the incredible shrinking candidate.

1695261418867.png

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Almost every time I hear him speak to an issue, I think, "Now here is a guy that I can support ". And then he just disappears for weeks.
    Yeah, his campaign is...lack luster. But in fairness, when you think of the GOP primary campaign so far, what comes to mind? For me, it's Trump...Trump's legal problems, Trump attacking from the left, Trump ducking debates. In other words, it's all about Trump and not so much about the issues. Vivek, seems to do a better job of the bunch about talking about issues and a plan if elected.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, his campaign is...lack luster. But in fairness, when you think of the GOP primary campaign so far, what comes to mind? For me, it's Trump...Trump's legal problems, Trump attacking from the left, Trump ducking debates. In other words, it's all about Trump and not so much about the issues. Vivek, seems to do a better job of the bunch about talking about issues and a plan if elected.
    Very well put. Although I don't have "a guy" yet, at least neither DeSantis nor Ramaswamy aren't on my nfw list.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Almost every time I hear him speak to an issue, I think, "Now here is a guy that I can support ". And then he just disappears for weeks.

He's an ace level politician with an F- campaign. Same situation with Rand Paul's run.

These guys seriously need to learn that this isn't just hard issues they're campaigning on. They're campaigning to people who never vote for policies or care in large majority, and are looking for charisma and branding above all else.

It's sad that's the way things are, but you need to be able to read the room if you want to make it in politics. It's possible to have your cake and eat it too, Vivek is masterful at this. DeSantis seems to know this but is refusing to play the game necessary to make it.

Top Bottom