• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I suppose it's possible. Bad rep for the breed in general doesn't help. Some bad apples in every bushel but pits have a history that should be regarded with caution.

If you treat your pit-bull as a dog they are great dogs, but some evil people train their pit-bull to fight till the death, they become very aggressive:xmad:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I suppose it's possible. Bad rep for the breed in general doesn't help. Some bad apples in every bushel but pits have a history that should be regarded with caution.

Well-bred dogs of the breeds often called "pits" (American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier) who haven't been exposed and bred in horrible settings are actually very stable and solid dogs, among the best you can own. Unfortunately a combination of an MSM crusade and lowbrowMikeVick folks who abuse the dogs have given them a bad name.

Prejudice is prejudice. The only difference is in degree. Granted, if you want to be a bigot, be one against dogs. The impulse is the same, however.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Wrong place? You mean his own backyard?

Let's switch this around...

K9 attacks my Pit I'm shootin the K9.

Then what happens?

yep. if i see any dog in my backyard attacking my dog or coming at me its gonna be a dead doggy! i dont care if it says police right on the side of that dog. i also have the right to protect my family and myself. Im talking about shooting a dog here people, not the police. and no matter how much they want it to be a dog is NOT a cop! its a tool owned by the city, and if your tool gets out of line its time for a new tool. dogs owned by a family is a family member.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    yep. if i see any dog in my backyard attacking my dog or coming at me its gonna be a dead doggy! i dont care if it says police right on the side of that dog. i also have the right to protect my family and myself. Im talking about shooting a dog here people, not the police. and no matter how much they want it to be a dog is NOT a cop! its a tool owned by the city, and if your tool gets out of line its time for a new tool. dogs owned by a family is a family member.

The problem is the police dog trainer should be smart enough to know when to use the police dog & when not:popcorn:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Well-bred dogs of the breeds often called "pits" (American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier) who haven't been exposed and bred in horrible settings are actually very stable and solid dogs, among the best you can own. Unfortunately a combination of an MSM crusade and lowbrowMikeVick folks who abuse the dogs have given them a bad name.

Prejudice is prejudice. The only difference is in degree. Granted, if you want to be a bigot, be one against dogs. The impulse is the same, however.

The "pit" is the "evil" dog du jour. In the past , the same type of fear and hatred has been assigned to GSD's, Dobermans,Chows, and so forth. Whenever a breed becomes popular as a watchdog/ guardian type breed of the day, stupid/evil people abuse them and make them vicious. And then the media/community will pile on to spread the fear and mistrust.

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All types of dogs have been known to attack other dogs or even people, however when its a pitbull it tends to be more vicious because they are stronger and have sharper, bigger teeth. I think no dog is likely to be more aggressive than another unless it has been trained to be. This dog was simply defending his yard from what was probably quite a commotion. Just like its already been said no bad dogs just bad owners, much like I always say with parents and children.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

All types of dogs have been known to attack other dogs or even people, however when its a pitbull it tends to be more vicious because they are stronger and have sharper, bigger teeth. I think no dog is likely to be more aggressive than another unless it has been trained to be. This dog was simply defending his yard from what was probably quite a commotion. Just like its already been said no bad dogs just bad owners, much like I always say with parents and children.

It wasn't bad owners, it was bad police;)

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Sounds like the k-9 was assisting in the pursuit possibly, crappy situation but it doesn't sound like the officer had time to inform the home owner. Did he need to shoot the dog? probably not. I would bet a taser would have killed it too, just like this one.
    crappy situation, but what can you do.

Top Bottom