• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    No, it does not. The presence of the LTCH verifies that you are not in violation of the law. The LTCH proves you did commit an infraction, which means there is no need for further questioning.

A LTCH proves....(maybe, see below)......there was no violation of the law in regard to the carrying of a firearm.

The pink piece of paper can be easily duplicated, and cannot be verified 24/7.

There may or may not be a violation of law, pending an officer investigation from a MWAG call.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Oh, they most assuredly would say that, does not make them correct. Where is Titanium Frost when you need him?

Right, I just want to see something in the law that backs up not giving them the ID. So far, it looks like they have a very low, acting in good faith threshold to achieve and then one is required to provide the info.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    where is the link to the denny's commerical?

OP what did you expect it is Gary, IN (ie. LAKE COUNTY).
    I wonder if denny's management really want you out? Did you have to paid for your food

wanakanabe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    He just happened to have some SWAT guys loitering around to introduce? They followed you for several miles?

I once was hunting in the woods and was attacked by a polar bear and a regular bear on the same day. Really. I just said so on the Internet so it must be true.......

Yes he did.They were all in there eating breakfast and about to leave as i came in.The lone officer is the one that harassed me as i was trying to drink my coffee.After i showed him my pink card,he lectured me more then went back to where the rest of the crew was.Apparently he went to the manager and the manager agreed that i should leave.When he came back to my table to tell me to get out and cover my weapon,he had the rest of the crew with him and they continued to lecture me,call me Perry Mason. Lol
    Like I said as I was getting up,they all closed in on me and I know if I had even flinched and brushed against one of them,they would have no doubt taken me down.I believe they could just make up anything they wanted to at that point.
    My intention here was to find out how wrong I was and to inform because I seen another post about how everyone was so excited about Dennys.Also to maybe learn something.I guess in the end if the cop is going to be a dick,it doesn't matter,he will find some reason to get you to the station and tie up your day.
    Next time I will just shut my mouth and show the card without comment as i think this is what ticked him off,i was challenging his authority.He was still wrong to continue harrasing me and I did get a lot of it on my phone recorder.2 cars followed me,i don't know where the other cars went.Yes I did see the cars in the parking lot but I have never been harrased like this before.I have been asked to leave a couple places a couple times.I have been asked to cover it in a restaurant before and just said I would rather leave and never had any issues.No officer has ever came up to me and demanded that i show him my papers and I have been OC for 2 years.
    In the end I am the one that looked bad as i feel i let them walk all over me because i did not know the laws well enough and it seems even if i did there will be occasions where you still won't win

wanakanabe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    where is the link to the denny's commerical?

OP what did you expect it is Gary, IN (ie. LAKE COUNTY).
    I wonder if denny's management really want you out? Did you have to paid for your food
    I expected to be treated like any other person in Indiana under the law,no I did not have to pay.When i called the manager of the store,he told me the officer,i assume it was the one that asked for my papers,came to him and told him there was a person in the store with a gun and they had advised him it would be to his benefit to not allow weapons inside the building and he agreed.The manager also told me he had never had an incident like this before.He said it was a franchised Dennys and he was not sure what the policy was as far as weapons.There was no sign on the door as i always look for one whenever i go into a public building.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    doesn't matter according to Richardson V. State, after a LTCH is produced all other questions regarding the handgun MUST cease

Problem with that is, the questioning DOES NOT CEASE!
    I've been through this. I've had my gun forcefully taken from my holster, thrown on top of my van, taken back to the officers car, unloaded, and finally returned to me, along with a handful of cartridges!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I expected to be treated like any other person in Indiana under the law,no I did not have to pay.When i called the manager of the store,he told me the officer,i assume it was the one that asked for my papers,came to him and told him there was a person in the store with a gun and they had advised him it would be to his benefit to not allow weapons inside the building and he agreed.The manager also told me he had never had an incident like this before.He said it was a franchised Dennys and he was not sure what the policy was as far as weapons.There was no sign on the door as i always look for one whenever i go into a public building.

Sorry OP but this is LAKE COUNTY, IN we are talking about. They are "above the law" and do wtf they want at times and get away with it in terms of 2A stuff. It tend takes the state a long process to smack them and tell them "bad boy, bad boy". Case in point the Hammond lawsuit for their illegal ordinance due to recent IN law change and the city of Hammond as WON the first court case on it.

Case in point INGO member being arrested in St. John for OC.
    Case in point another INGO member's father having his guns in police custody (HIghland) for over 9 months (they were stolen from his house) even after the prosectuor told the PD to return them!
    & I can go on and on and on about it.

LAKE COUNTY is a corrupt county thru and thru that believes it should have IL style gun laws.

BTW if you are in NWI or in the northern part of the state see my sig for lots of NWI events. We have a meet & Shoot coming 29 JUL. :D

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sounds like a fail all way around on the part of the LEO. You get the "treatment" plus it looks like the LEO went the extra mile and convinced the manager to kick you out for carrying. :noway:

Edit: On second thought I guess from the LEO perspective it was a success since it looks like he accomplished what he set out to do.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    And you were! You were treated the same as many of have been! Welcome to the club!

Too bad he did not get the VIP treatment.
    JBT slamming him to the group with a boot on the back of his head, while his face eats cement, gun drawn on him, stripped of his rights, gun taken, broken apart and then returned to him in pieces. :D

OP you got lucky, but I'm sure sooner or later the popo will give you the special treatment as some of our other members have found out. :(

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Problem with that is, the questioning DOES NOT CEASE!
    I've been through this. I've had my gun forcefully taken from my holster, thrown on top of my van, taken back to the officers car, unloaded, and finally returned to me, along with a handful of cartridges!

oh i understand completely, thats why you hire an attorney (like Guy) and pursue a civil suit, it also wouldnt hurt to have an audio recorder on your person

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Didnt see Ted's post before I replied. That makes things different :/

Ted was wrong. The LTC is sufficient unto itself for legal carry. The police cannot legally demand any other ID. Doesn't mean they won't ask for it, but they cannot legally require you to give it.

Top Bottom