• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    I just did give a reasonable reason. Someone who scribbled crayon on a pink piece of paper, with the words "indiana" and "LTCH".

You're the one that claims that is good enough.

Your best fails again.

i don't remember seeing anyone in here ever saying that crayon on a pink piece of paper is satisfactory. You are putting words in people's mouths.

We have however repeatedly said that once a LTCH is provided and the officer runs it to make sure it IS Valid no other form of ID is necessary, i think this is the part you continue to miss in these posts.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Is false informing an infraction? Is it an ordinance violation?

In this case, a crime.

Edited for brevity.

IC 35-44-3-4
    Obstruction of justice
    Sec. 4. (a) A person who:
    (1) knowingly or intentionally induces, by threat, coercion, or false statement, a witness or informant in an official proceeding or investigation to:........

(2) knowingly or intentionally in an official criminal proceeding or investigation:

(B) avoids legal process summoning him to testify or supply evidence;.....

(3) alters, damages, or removes any record, document, or thing, with intent to prevent it from being produced or used as evidence in any official proceeding or investigation;
    (4) makes, presents, or uses a false record, document, or thing with intent that the record, document, or thing, material to the point in question, appear in evidence in an official proceeding or investigation to mislead a public servant;.....

Last edited:

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    In the St. John case, after depositions were taken the prosecutor moved to drop the charges. I believe they did this to protect the incomptent or corrupt (your choice) St. John Police Department from further embarassment. The town quickly settled the civil suit and, after a hearing was held in Indianaopolis, my LTCH was reinstated.
    The long, sordid story can be found at https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...2024-saint_john_indiana_not_gun_friendly.html
    It totals 43 pages, have fun.

Wow! :xmad: Glad it finally got settled for you. That having to prove 100% liability seems far too easy an out for govt officials. Looking around to see what I can sell should something like this happen to me.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I just did give a reasonable reason. Someone who scribbled crayon on a pink piece of paper, with the words "indiana" and "LTCH".

You're the one that claims that is good enough.

Your best fails again.

Ted, you want to continue to beclown yourself in front of all of INGO, be my guest. I'm not going to stop you, but out of pity I won't continue to egg you on. It's pitiful when an adult responds such as you do, but when an INGO member does it the posts descend into pathetic and irresponsible.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    i don't remember seeing anyone in here ever saying that crayon on a pink piece of paper is satisfactory. You are putting words in people's mouths.

We have however repeatedly said that once a LTCH is provided and the officer runs it to make sure it IS Valid no other form of ID is necessary, i think this is the part you continue to miss in these posts.

Oh... Ted is quite aware of it and the truth... but as another poster typed, he is far to deep into it to know how to back out gracefully.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    In this case, a crime.
    IC 35-44-3-4
    Obstruction of justice
    Sec. 4. (a) A person who:
    (1) knowingly or intentionally induces, by threat, coercion, or false statement, a witness or informant in an official proceeding or investigation to:........
    Read the whole part you posted, it refers to witnesses or informants.
    (2) knowingly or intentionally in an official criminal proceeding or investigation:

(B) avoids legal process summoning him to testify or supply evidence;.....
    See the part about summoning? A summons is a specific legal term, does not apply in a street encounter. Think a summons to appear or one to produce evidence, a court order.

(3) alters, damages, or removes any record, document, or thing, with intent to prevent it from being produced or used as evidence in any official proceeding or investigation;

Notice the alters, damages or removes with intent, not simply failing to provide. Again as has been posted, the only thing in the IC you are required to provide is name/dob/address and that is only for an infraction/ordinance violation.

(4) makes, presents, or uses a false record, document, or thing with intent that the record, document, or thing, material to the point in question, appear in evidence in an official proceeding or investigation to mislead a public servant;.....

Edited for brevity.
    Where has anyone said to use a false document? It's just been stated that providing your LTCH is enough.

I suggest you quit while your behind.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My guess is Mr GPD didn't enjoy the fact that you thought he was violating your rights.

That's all it took to set the tone.

Not everything seen on YouTube is gospel, there's doofuses on INGO who will argue with you all day but can't back it up with ICs. Wanna go up against an officer who's enforcing "contempt of cop" watch this board and follow along when someone posts law and not opinion. Make your own handy lists of ICs when johnny Law decides to flex and you're well on your way to INGO ninja-dom.

PS. your phone is one hell of a weapon to have with apps like: CCW, tape-a-talk, post it notes....

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Where has anyone said to use a false document? It's just been stated that providing your LTCH is enough.

I suggest you quit while your behind.

Fine. Riddle me this, Batman....as you all are so smart.

A police stops an individual after receiving a MWAG complaint from a citizen.

A LTCH is presented. The officer notes that the aforementioned document not match what he knows to be a legitimate LTCH, or the person presenting the LTCH does not match the description on the document, etc.

What is the officer's recourse at this point?

Top Bottom