• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sign has been on the upswing here, I'll be checking the cameras tomorrow while out cutting firewood.

Cattman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Franklin
    Did not see a deer Monday afternoon in Jackson co. Wed morning in Jefferson had a nice young 8 freshen up a scrape 10' from my tree. Only deer seen all day. Yesterday buddy had a doe under him before daylight and I had a basket 6 skirt around me in thicker cover. Scrapes are getting bigger and more rubs showing up. Hope to see more tomorrow in Parke co.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I can finally make it to the woods this weekend, stupid work kept getting in the way!

Anyway my 9 year old son is finally showing some interest and wants to go with me which is great! However I'm not prepared license wise to take him and he has not taken the hunter ED course yet. So I assume I should be able to get an apprentice license. Question is do I really need it as our only weapon will be my bow which cannot even begin to pull back. We are on private property but still want/need to be legal. If it goes well I'll likely be getting a cross bow next year and get him into the hunter Ed course, with all the craziness this year time got away from me.

76caprice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2020
    Franktucky
    Seen a nice shooter this afternoon he was bedded down when I got to the stand at 230. He didn’t run off just stood behind some brush and walked off. By himself no other deer.

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Saturday update. Had a small 8 pointer chase a doe at 0915. All day sit. 1700 had a doe move through my location. 1720 had a spike go same way she did but not on her trail. Long day with no action in the middle

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    An edit of my self filmed buck from Tuesday evening ...

[video=youtube_share;hYzKaXX5hkg]https://youtu.be/hYzKaXX5hkg[/video]

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Was able to take this guy early yesterday morning, pretty happy with him. Had a solid pass through, he went about 60 yards and went down.
    479-C302-C-743-B-4834-98-FF-BCC437-DD7-EB7.jpg

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    An edit of my self filmed buck from Tuesday evening ...

[video=youtube_share;hYzKaXX5hkg]https://youtu.be/hYzKaXX5hkg[/video]

That had to be heart thumping. Great work. What do you do to prep the decoy to get it somewhat scent free. Just like to hear your steps in setting it up.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    That had to be heart thumping. Great work. What do you do to prep the decoy to get it somewhat scent free. Just like to hear your steps in setting it up.

Generally, I scrub it down with scent free soap. But this time I did absolutely nothing. In the video it is exactly what I did. At about noon that day, I pulled it out of storage, threw it in the bed of the truck, and drove it out to stash it in the fence row. Then at about 5:00 that evening I set it up. By about 5:40 or so, I was running an arrow through my deer. There were still cob webs from my barn on the decoy.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Generally, I scrub it down with scent free soap. But this time I did absolutely nothing. In the video it is exactly what I did. At about noon that day, I pulled it out of storage, threw it in the bed of the truck, and drove it out to stash it in the fence row. Then at about 5:00 that evening I set it up. By about 5:40 or so, I was running an arrow through my deer. There were still cob webs from my barn on the decoy.

Crazy how much we try to keep every detail just right and then there are days where things just go right. His decoys look nice but just too much for me. Congrats on that buck!

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Tuesday update. Right at 1st light, 0700. Had an 8 pointer 6 yards from my stand. Could have shot but just inside ears. 0720 nice 8 pointer just outside ears came out of big bottom. 100 yards from me, went other way. Sat till dark. only deer i saw all day.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Pretty frustrated so far. We literally have does walking around in front of our cameras like they’re looking for bucks. We haven’t had a shooter on camera for two months. Still an excess of corn standing around us which has been dry enough to cut for two months and our lovely November weather we’ve had this far are super helpful also.

Top Bottom