• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well we just ran off three Coon hunters who apparently believe that once their dogs are off leash they have permission to trespass wherever the **** they want to. I wonder why we aren’t seeing any deer? We had pictures of these *****s on us over the weekend as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well we just ran off three Coon hunters who apparently believe that once their dogs are off leash they have permission to trespass wherever the **** they want to. I wonder why we aren’t seeing any deer? We had pictures of these pricks on us over the weekend as well.
    We deer hunt the same woods we coon hunt in here, have had no problem with deer running away. They can't break their patterns. We were logging out that woods and they got so use to Chainsaws running they just kind of stood about 50+ yards away and watched then went about their business.

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thursday update. 0755, had a small 6 pointer moving pretty good with nose to ground. 1050. Doe walking through eating acorns. 10:53 spike buck nose to ground, trailing doe. Grunting as he goes by. It's still on. Update completed. hunt safe guy's

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nothing yet. Haven't seen a deer on this property this season. Good sign, no deer.
    83bf9a01a1784b872e85d37e2255ac90.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We deer hunt the same woods we coon hunt in here, have had no problem with deer running away. They can't break their patterns. We were logging out that woods and they got so use to Chainsaws running they just kind of stood about 50+ yards away and watched then went about their business.

That is the case for 95% of the deer. The 5% we’re after do not tolerate that type of disturbance in the woods, either by the dogs or by people. We step foot into the woods as little as possible year round and we’ve been patiently waiting for the activity to pick up before we start hunting because we’re only hunting about 10% of the ground we used to and it doesn’t take much pressure to drive the mature bucks away.

We have 50 acres of woods and 25 acres of ag fields and we’re bordered by 1000+ acres of woods that we have yet to see anyone step foot in. They aren’t going to hang around here when they can go 1/4 mile and have all of the solitude they want.

hereforthecootbash

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    My old dogs grave is on the path to my stand about 20 yds inside the tree line. I stopped to say good morning to her around 6 and when I stood back up I heard a deer walking. Sounded close but I wanted to be in my stand soon so I walked when it walked and stopped when it did. Took me about 25-30 minutes to cover 60 yds. Took another 4 or 5 to climb the ladder one rung at a time will it walked around. Felt right next to me at one point and I think it was just off to my right a bit. Got seated and harnessed and he started grunting. Spent all the way until shooting light walking around grunting and rubbing trees. Disappeared before I could count points. Woods were quiet for the rest of the morning except a little fork walking passed around 8. Went home empty handed but happy to have been up in my tree. Good luck out there this weekend. Stay safe

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    saw a nice young (2-3) buck in my neighborhood today as I was loading up the truck with my gear for shotgun season tomorrow. Decent 6 pointer. Will be a nice buck in a few years if he survives. Time was almost 11:30; the rut must be on!
    Hope I have the same luck tomorrow.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Well we just ran off three Coon hunters who apparently believe that once their dogs are off leash they have permission to trespass wherever the **** they want to. I wonder why we aren’t seeing any deer? We had pictures of these pricks on us over the weekend as well.
    If they were real coon dogs they weren't affecting the deer.I can't count the times I've had deer bedded within 25-30 yards of treed dogs.That being said,I do go out of my way to hunt where the dogs are likely to "trespass".

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    :rolleyes:
    So Coon dogs don’t scare deer, right. They don’t smell like dogs, deer can’t see them and their baying is comforting to them.

Sounds a lot like the bull**** the dog owners were spewing last night. I hope they don’t come back, it won’t be a pleasant experience.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If someone can post a few pics of a booner all snuggled up with a dog maybe I can be convinced. Otherwise, the *******s need to control their dogs and keep them on property they have permission to be on.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Why do they run deer with dogs in some states? How does that work? Do the deer follow the dogs out of the woods?
    Deer dogs are trained to run deer,coon dogs trained to run coons, rabbit dogs trained to run rabbits etc. Really pretty simple.

Top Bottom