• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I was possibly saying “jif” before you were born. It didn’t really matter then. I switched to “gif” when the internet decide it cared and to pronounce it wrong.

DGKLRiCWsAIqZul.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I never really liked Jif all that well. Shedd's. Now THAT was peanut butter. My brother and I fought many fights over who got the bucket when it was empty.

il_340x270.1440729949_10ik.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No different than last week for all those who didn't fall back to sluggard time for 4 months.

Some might say "sluggard time" would refer to those that prefer not to get up until the crack of noon, instead of being productive at oh, say 5 a.m.. But oh wait, it's gonna be dark for another 2 hours at 5 a.m.. :)

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My wife bought some Meijer brand “organic” peanut butter.. because it’s “organic”. I’m like, organic peanut butter? Where the hell did they get organic peanuts in the US? So I read the label. “Made in Canada”. :rolleyes:

And it’s not all that good.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My wife bought some Meijer brand “organic” peanut butter.. because it’s “organic”. I’m like, organic peanut butter? Where the hell did they get organic peanuts in the US? So I read the label. “Made in Canada”. :rolleyes:

And it’s not all that good.

Well DUH! Nobody ever made a movie called "Canadian Peanut Butter"!:stickpoke::lmfao:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Some might say "sluggard time" would refer to those that prefer not to get up until the crack of noon, instead of being productive at oh, say 5 a.m.. But oh wait, it's gonna be dark for another 2 hours at 5 a.m.. :)

I resemble that remark...

This study was interesting:

For the latest study, scientists pitted morning larks against night owls in a task designed to measure their reaction and attention times.
    During the experiment, the volunteers got up and went to bed at their usual times, with the larks tending to turn in four hours earlier than the owls.
    Both did similarly well at the task shortly after getting up. But ten hours into their day, it was the night owls that shone, being both quicker and more alert at the task, the journal Science reports.
    Despite being awake for the same length of time, the larks felt sleepier, with scans showing that the parts of their brains linked to attention were less active.
    Dr Philippe Peigneux, of the University of Liege in Belgium, said: 'During the evening session, evening types were less sleepy and tended to perform faster than morning types.'
    Previous studies have shown that getting up late appears to be in our DNA, with our body clock regulated by a series of genes which determine whether we are larks or owls.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...t-owls-cleverer-richer-people-rise-early.html

I have always been a night owl, i could fully function into the wee hours of a day. Mornings are for sleeping and coffee. Have grown weary of the old trope that sleeping in is lazy, never been lazy in my life, can out work most people I have met, just am not going to do it before noon.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I resemble that remark...

This study was interesting:

For the latest study, scientists pitted morning larks against night owls in a task designed to measure their reaction and attention times.
    During the experiment, the volunteers got up and went to bed at their usual times, with the larks tending to turn in four hours earlier than the owls.
    Both did similarly well at the task shortly after getting up. But ten hours into their day, it was the night owls that shone, being both quicker and more alert at the task, the journal Science reports.
    Despite being awake for the same length of time, the larks felt sleepier, with scans showing that the parts of their brains linked to attention were less active.
    Dr Philippe Peigneux, of the University of Liege in Belgium, said: 'During the evening session, evening types were less sleepy and tended to perform faster than morning types.'
    Previous studies have shown that getting up late appears to be in our DNA, with our body clock regulated by a series of genes which determine whether we are larks or owls.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...t-owls-cleverer-richer-people-rise-early.html

I have always been a night owl, i could fully function into the wee hours of a day. Mornings are for sleeping and coffee. Have grown weary of the old trope that sleeping in is lazy, never been lazy in my life, can out work most people I have met, just am not going to do it before noon.

I don't doubt the results of that study, but I tend to work at a rather frenzied pace early in my day, so yeah, by the time 1:30 or 2:00 comes around (10 hours into my day) I'm slowing down. DoggyMama goes to bed about the same time as me, but sleeps 4 or 5 hours later, and so about the time I'm winding down, she's wanting to start some new project. :):

I've really always been a morning person even when I was working nights. I'd go to bed around 3 or 4 am, but could never sleep much past 8 or 9. I might take a nap in the afternoon though. Still enjoy a good nap when I can get one. Just an hour is all I really need though.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    As long as every single watch and clock in your house and cars are exactly synchronized, that is all that matters.

I put this in purple for all of you engineers out there. Oh wait...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    What a great website! In the middle of a discussion on daylight savings time we get a lesson on peanut butter. Love it!

Wait, now I am suddenly craving a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Top Bottom