• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I suggest that since this is a multi-year thread, that maybe what you’ve come here to say has been said, and the people who’ve heard it before might just not take that post you worked so hard on, so seriously.

Or, you can go deep in the thread, re-post the most well-thought stuff, and the new guys on INGO will think you're the smart one.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So everyone changes all the schedules and and timekeeping devices twice per year in order to "abandon" DST for 4 months? Dumb spin on a dumb practice! :):

Is there any benefit associated with these winter "abandonment" changes?

Nope, nothing but nuisance.

So why continue such a nonsense ritual, especially in the modern age?

Nobody knows. :dunno:

Simpsons did it!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or, you can go deep in the thread, re-post the most well-thought stuff, and the new guys on INGO will think you're the smart one.
    Ain’t nobody got time for that.

I’d be okay with someone summarizing the argument they want to post and then we can tell them that it’s already been argued.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So everyone changes all the schedules and and timekeeping devices twice per year in order to "abandon" DST for 4 months? Dumb spin on a dumb practice! :):

Pretty sure both sides of this particular argument has been argued at least once, maybe more. Time to hear something new.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Like the swallows returning to Capistrano, ATM returns to this thread twice a year... ;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah. Really...odd. I mean. It's almost like he gets some kind of notification whenever someone posts in this thread. Almost. Uncanny.

You're right you know... about the repetition.

[h=1]Daylight Saving Time[/h] February 23, 2019 • 1829 posts • 73519 views [h=3]Break Room[/h]
    #1000+ - DoggyDaddy
    Ah yes, like the swallows returning to Capistrano, so the Daylight Saving Time thread returns to INGO... :): ...

[h=1]Daylight Saving Time[/h] October 21, 2015 • 1829 posts • 73519 views [h=3]Break Room[/h]
    #433 - ArmedProgrammer
    And now back to the DST whining - just like the swallows returning to Capistrano...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Daylight savings time don't mean didly squat when you own pet a, specifically my two dogs, It's empty belly time the same moment, twice a day, 24/7/365.
    If you think for a moment that how dark or light it is determines food time, you're dead wrong. Sometimes I think their bellies are more accurate than the
    U.S. Naval Observatory's Atomic Clock.

:bacondance:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Daylight savings time don't mean didly squat when you own pet a, specifically my two dogs, It's empty belly time the same moment, twice a day, 24/7/365.
    If you think for a moment that how dark or light it is determines food time, you're dead wrong. Sometimes I think their bellies are more accurate than the
    U.S. Naval Observatory's Atomic Clock.

:bacondance:

And infants/toddlers. Clocks mean nothing.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I suggest that since this is a multi-year thread, that maybe what you’ve come here to say has been said, and the people who’ve heard it before might just not take that post you worked so hard on, so seriously.
    From this point forward no one is allowed to type a new response. You must go back through the thread and quote the response you want. :ingo:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Oh, what fun is that. LOL

Keep the debate alive...

There was never any debate. Loving the 8 month time schedule has never been a reason to change everything back and forth by an hour to have a different 4-month winter schedule.

Without some reason to debate, it remains just a senseless ritual from the past which gets dumber every year. Even mocking its supporters has gotten stale.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There was never any debate. Loving the 8 month time schedule has never been a reason to change everything back and forth by an hour to have a different 4-month winter schedule.

Without some reason to debate, it remains just a senseless ritual from the past which gets dumber every year. Even mocking its supporters has gotten stale.

Yeah? Redefining the beliefs of people on the other side of an issue isn’t a real argument. It’s a tactic. It’s also a logical fallacy.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    In the construction industry we have to keep adjusting work times to accommodate the time due to safety concerns on the Jobsite. You wouldn’t believe the fools out on my site last week wanting to work in the headlights of their truck at 7:00 AM just so they could get off at 3:30 rather than 4:00.

Top Bottom