• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What a great day! I have an extra hour of light this evening while being on the same time! Yippie!

You guys should really just resist, show them they don't control you, just don't change your clocks today. Maybe even wait a week. LOL

MM

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Welcome back, winter time sluggards. :cool:

Your silly biannual schedule changes and clock wankering still make no sense.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What a great day! I have an extra hour of light this evening while being on the same time! Yippie!

You guys should really just resist, show them they don't control you, just don't change your clocks today. Maybe even wait a week. LOL

MM

Wait, you celebrate when it's taken away and when you get it back? :scratch:

You must get really excited about tax returns. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Welcome back, winter time sluggards. :cool:

Your silly biannual schedule changes and clock wankering still make no sense.

See. Here’s where we typically start disagreeing on stuff. What an absolutist statement? No sense? For anyone? Many people think it’s sensible to synchronize their own timekeeping with the rest of society, even if the rest of society is retarded.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    See. Here’s where we typically start disagreeing on stuff. What an absolutist statement? No sense? For anyone? Many people think it’s sensible to synchronize their own timekeeping with the rest of society, even if the rest of society is retarded.

Synchronizing with the retarded?

Sounds too much like keeping up with the Kardashians, no thanks. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’d have been fine if you just said it makes no sense to you. But you had to go and say it without specificity. It obviously makes some sense to some people. I don’t wanna have to ask myself, hey jamil, is that design meeting scheduled for Friday at 5pm SJT (standard jamil time) or have the retards shifted their clocks forward to sync up to to SJT and it’s at 6pm?

Actually never mind. That’s a bad example because the correct answer is that it’s retarded to schedule a design meeting late Friday afternoon either way and such meetings should be ignored.

Last edited:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If there is no benefit which outweighs the cost of switching back and forth for 4 winter months, then it doesn't make sense to continue such a practice anywhere.

You can continue doing the senseless switching simply because it's customary to do so in this region, but you can't claim that the custom makes sense.

The custom is nonsensical.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If there is no benefit which outweighs the cost of switching back and forth for 4 winter months, then it doesn't make sense to continue such a practice anywhere.

You can continue doing the senseless switching simply because it's customary to do so in this region, but you can't claim that the custom makes sense.

The custom is nonsensical.

That's a valid argument. If the premise is true, that the cost of switching back and forth is exceedingly high enough, compared to the benefit of not having to map my timekeeping to society's by some other means, it follows that it doesn't make sense to continue the practice. I don't doubt that for some people, the cost of switching back and forth might be just too great a burden to continue the practice.

For example. Maybe you're a time keeping buff and you have 927 clocks to set. THAT would really suck. It doesn't make sense to change the time on all of them just so they all read the same time.

Or maybe, if a person just doesn't have the clock setting skills because many clocks now have buttons and numbers instead of wind-up knobs and hands, it might be too costly to pay a 7 year old family member to do it.

I do have one clock that I've decided to apply the ATM method. I mentioned before about my retarded alarm clock. Was thinking about shooting it but it has a USB port which I use for charging my watch. Why get rid of it? So now I'm looking around the house for electrical tape to cover the time display.

My last alarm clock was a Sony that I had for like 10 years. It had a little slide switch in the back that was labeled DST. Darned if that switch didn't advance the clock an hour when set to the "on" position. How convenient is that?

So how much trouble did you go through to make your phone keep DST year round?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Don't make it about the clocks. Clockwankery is just the little lie we pretend to believe to make the biannual schedule changes seem less absurd. ;)

Then, imagine if I proposed switching to saving time 2 months earlier and switching back to winter unsaving time 2 months later than we currently do...

giphy.gif

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    So what happened at 0200 this morning? I woke up at 0215 per my apple watch - I though that at the tick of 015959 to 020000, the clock was supposed to advance to 0300. How could it have been 0215...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what happened at 0200 this morning? I woke up at 0215 per my apple watch - I though that at the tick of 015959 to 020000, the clock was supposed to advance to 0300. How could it have been 0215...
    You got the special apple watch? Damn, I never win these things.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Don't make it about the clocks. Clockwankery is just the little lie we pretend to believe to make the biannual schedule changes seem less absurd. ;)

Then, imagine if I proposed switching to saving time 2 months earlier and switching back to winter unsaving time 2 months later than we currently do...

giphy.gif
    You made it about the clocks. Are the clocks not involved at least a little in the difficulty of setting them?

But anyway, I’m imagining you proposing that like you asked, but instead of getting the Kramer reaction I keep seeing this one.
    tenor.gif

I really was looking forward to the Kramer one. I don’t really like RD Jr. I feel gypped.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You made it about the clocks. Are the clocks not involved at least a little in the difficulty of setting them?

No, the changing of the clocks is only necessary because most folks would balk at suggesting we all change our actual schedules by an hour twice every year.

It sounds too ridiculous by itself.

But, that's what we do.

We've been moving incrementally toward year-round saving time for a long time, to the cheers of proponents, so let's just go ahead and finish it.

If they'd prefer to keep increasing it a few weeks at a time every few years instead of just jumping to the end result, they haven't done a very good job explaining why.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The liberals in NY and CA are trying to do away with savings time now so that means Indiana will now insist that changing the clocks is the right thing to do

Top Bottom