• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would bet for the slow clock it's time to change the battery. I think the fast clock would be great for a shorter work day.

When I was a kid my mom kept her clock 15 minutes ahead so that she'd have a "buffer". I knew this because when we were leaving late, she'd say, "we still have 15 minutes." :rolleyes:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    When I was a kid my mom kept her clock 15 minutes ahead so that she'd have a "buffer". I knew this because when we were leaving late, she'd say, "we still have 15 minutes." :rolleyes:
    Always nice to remember the stuff from our childhood. My aunt didn't drive and told us we had to run 15 block so we weren't late and it was only 5 blocks.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    ATM must be saving his energy for the final (annual) bout.

Final? Is ATM ok? Or is something changing with our temporal standardization?

Btw, I bought a portable sundial, so now I can recalibrate my watches and clocks to the “real” local time without intervention of bureaucrats! No, really!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How many years of saving daylight here in the Hoosier State? Of not saying slow time/fast time? I left Indiana in Feb 86. By the Spring of 2004 I was used to springing forward and falling back. A few more years and it will not even be thread-worthy.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    How many years of saving daylight here in the Hoosier State? Of not saying slow time/fast time? I left Indiana in Feb 86. By the Spring of 2004 I was used to springing forward and falling back. A few more years and it will not even be thread-worthy.

DST sucks. In 10 years, it will suck. It shouldn't be dark at 6pm, it's not natural.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    DST does suck. It has always bothered me that it's called daylight "saving" time. You can't "save" daylight. There's only X amount of daylight hours no matter where you put it on a clock.:twocents:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Growing up in southern IN and now residing in NWI, DST is even rougher. 4:30pm and it's dark is just weird. Bust a** home after work to bust out the blower to blow leaves so I'm not out there with a flashlight is just unreal.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Growing up in southern IN and now residing in NWI, DST is even rougher. 4:30pm and it's dark is just weird. Bust a** home after work to bust out the blower to blow leaves so I'm not out there with a flashlight is just unreal.

DST isn’t the issue really. It’s the time zone we are allocated to. It’s an issue, particularly at the switch twice a year, but the real issue is that we slign better with the Central Time Zone.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    DST isn’t the issue really. It’s the time zone we are allocated to. It’s an issue, particularly at the switch twice a year, but the real issue is that we slign better with the Central Time Zone.

Nah. It sucks up here where we are in Central time too.

Just leave the damned clocks alone!

Top Bottom