• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I gotta be at the fairgrounds at 0830, which was until a few hours ago 0730. But not really because, we were GMT -5, now it's GMT -4. It's about (I'm using "about" because I don't know how much I'm about to type here, or where I'm going with this at this point) 0800 tomorrow in the ROK, about 1400 today in Qatar, about 1100 in Iceland, and I remember we couldn't call Hawaii from the ROK on Mondays because it was still Sunday there. That means they really didn't have a combat mission in Hawaii or they'd have had 24/7 operations in the Mission Support Section. We called it MICAP (pronounced My Cap) for Mission Capable (aircraft/MICAP reportable equipment and the parts they needed to be FMC or fully mission capable were tracked by MICAP, because nobody wanted to called MISUP. Although they could've answered the phone Mis-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

In Iceland I liked it when DST kicked in back in the States, I could start trying to call the guy at depot in Sacramento (Sacramento Air Logistics Center at the long since closed McClellan AFB) at 1430 instead of 1530. His name was Gerry, he was the Item Manager for the FPS-117 V5 Radars. There were four V5 Radars in the Air Force inventory, all were in Iceland. Very few parts interchanged with the V4 Radars in Alaska. One of the long list of reasons I to this day HATE Lockheed-Martin.

Years later at HQ ACC in Virginia I had to remember Arizona didn't save daylight. 12th Air Force at Tucson went to Cali time when we were saving daylight.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, but I remember that.

So when do I need to leave for the fairgrounds?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    iu

Welcome back from four pointless months of a different winter schedule of doing everything an hour later!

I see that nobody ever got around to posting up any actual benefits of these antiquated biannual schedule changes, either.

Silly clocktwisters, still just trying to pretend that it all somehow makes sense (so long as you change all the clocks when you switch back and forth).

:nuts:

It doesn't.
    Its about time... ATM finally weighs in. The twice-yearly DST thread is official!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I woke up at ~6:15. Got up and made coffee. The dog got up around 6:45 and I thought she had slept late. Then I realized DST... Got to walk her in the dark. Thanks, DST.

Thought I'd change the Microwave and Oven clock. But my wife is working that. Leaves my car clock to figure out.

Well, I seem to have survived the change yet again.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I gotta be at the fairgrounds at 0830, which was until a few hours ago 0730. But not really because, we were GMT -5, now it's GMT -4. It's about (I'm using "about" because I don't know how much I'm about to type here, or where I'm going with this at this point) 0800 tomorrow in the ROK, about 1400 today in Qatar, about 1100 in Iceland, and I remember we couldn't call Hawaii from the ROK on Mondays because it was still Sunday there. That means they really didn't have a combat mission in Hawaii or they'd have had 24/7 operations in the Mission Support Section. We called it MICAP (pronounced My Cap) for Mission Capable (aircraft/MICAP reportable equipment and the parts they needed to be FMC or fully mission capable were tracked by MICAP, because nobody wanted to called MISUP. Although they could've answered the phone Mis-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

In Iceland I liked it when DST kicked in back in the States, I could start trying to call the guy at depot in Sacramento (Sacramento Air Logistics Center at the long since closed McClellan AFB) at 1430 instead of 1530. His name was Gerry, he was the Item Manager for the FPS-117 V5 Radars. There were four V5 Radars in the Air Force inventory, all were in Iceland. Very few parts interchanged with the V4 Radars in Alaska. One of the long list of reasons I to this day HATE Lockheed-Martin.

Years later at HQ ACC in Virginia I had to remember Arizona didn't save daylight. 12th Air Force at Tucson went to Cali time when we were saving daylight.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, but I remember that.

So when do I need to leave for the fairgrounds?
    This sounds like one of those "If train A leaves the station. . . ." math questions.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This sounds like one of those "If train A leaves the station. . . ." math questions.
    I used the, when the big hand is on 11, method and got here when I was supposed to. Since a lot of people aren’t saving daylight I got a really good parking spot.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My inside dogs have no clue it occurred. They woke me up at the same time as they always do, whatever the clocks say.
    Yeah, was joking.

My FB post today:

"Stopping an endemic respiratory virus,
    controlling Earth's temperature, and altering time.

"What is, humans are arrogant fools?"

Correct! You control the board..."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Trying to get myself on a "normal" schedule is proving "problematic" after retirement.

So, let's just change the clocks. Cause I was already having so much fun.

And hey, let's throw in rampant inflation in there just to make it more interesting.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I`d love to see all of Indiana go to Central Time.
    But still change between Standard Time and DST? I moved here from NWI and then the Chi burbs in 2012, so I missed the time when most of Indiana stayed fixed on EST, which is, of course, the same as Central DST. I always found it weird that the in-laws in the Fort were on the same time as us for part of the year, then an hour ahead for the rest. Did TV schedules change; that is, did your favorite shows move an hour to and fro every year?

If I had a vote, I'd go with Central Standard Time all year. But only if the entire country did the same.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    iu

Welcome back from four pointless months of a different winter schedule of doing everything an hour later!

I see that nobody ever got around to posting up any actual benefits of these antiquated biannual schedule changes, either.

Silly clocktwisters, still just trying to pretend that it all somehow makes sense (so long as you change all the clocks when you switch back and forth).

:nuts:

It doesn't.
    Welcome back! We now have sunsets later in the evening after work.

Top Bottom