• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well I'm grabbing the dogs, my wife and a sixpack and heading down to the bunker. With (insert deity of your choice here)'s help we'll survive this semi annual ritual of insanity and all emerge tomorrow to laugh about it until next time!:tinfoil:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Well I'm grabbing the dogs, my wife and a sixpack and heading down to the bunker. With (insert deity of your choice here)'s help we'll survive this semi annual ritual of insanity and all emerge tomorrow to laugh about it until next time!:tinfoil:

Sad but after the first half of my marriage, I realized that those 2 were the same thing. :(

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There is a tingling in the air, the time is approaching, warp speed, in just a second or less we will go from 2 AM to 3 AM. It will happen so fast most will not even notice until they wake up and their clocks are an hour behind. So buckle up, it's almost here...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I try to get excited that we get to change all the schedules by an hour ...again, I really do.

But then common sense creeps back in, exposing the absurdity of it all, which totally ruins it.

BkG.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went to bed early and slept later than I wanted to. Alarm went off at 3 like usual (which was 2 yesterday) and I shut it off and didn't wake up until 5:30 (which was 4:30 yesterday). Sucks. :( Cuts into my coffee and breakfast time before I head to the range. Of course it will still be dark way after I'm done with breakfast.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I went to bed early and slept later than I wanted to. Alarm went off at 3 like usual (which was 2 yesterday) and I shut it off and didn't wake up until 5:30 (which was 4:30 yesterday). Sucks. :( Cuts into my coffee and breakfast time before I head to the range. Of course it will still be dark way after I'm done with breakfast.

I have suspected you were a sick individual, but now know the depths of that sickness. How can anyone sane get up for a new day before the drunks get home? LOL

No wonder you want happy hour, that your last call...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hey. Sheepies, out of bed yet?

Not sure you know exactly how to use that word, it is for those that blindly follow.

I like having an extra hour of light after the common workday. I want an extra hour of light after the common workday. I have an extra hour of light after the common workday...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I did last night and this morning what I have been doing for many, many years. Changed my clock times, went to bed a half hour earlier, and got up at my normal 7am.

Never had a problem adapting to the time change this way, and if you have a problem adjusting this way, you have more problems going on than a mere time change.

Nuff said, these are not the droids we was looking for, move along....

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Then stop blindly following. If YOU want that
    ....what's the very first thing that has to happen.

First and foremost. Above all others.

YOU have to get up earlier.

Not me.

YOU!

Figure it out yet or will you just blindly follow?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Went outside just before 2AM to watch the stars in the sky appear to jump due to the one hour change in Earth time. Again disappointed that nothing happened.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    LOL! My whole defense of DST is actually that I like it! That and coupled with other indisputable facts.

1) There apparently is enough satisfaction with it to extend it a few years ago.

2) There is no significant organized effort to change it at the national level.

3) If it really was a big deal the whiners would whine all year, not, predictably, the two weeks before the clock change.

It is hard to convey in a text posts on the internet, but I truly love this thread and have a fun time sparing with the members that participate.

Two things:

1. None of those is an "indisputable fact" - at least, not in the context of demonstrating empirical support for the practice of DST.

2. It is mostly an interesting topic of conversation for me. I think I had only 2 clocks that required manually changing. Other than that I maintain that it is a pointless, silly practice, except for the hour I lost last night, I don't lose any sleep over it.

Top Bottom