• ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Then stop blindly following. If YOU want that
    ....what's the very first thing that has to happen.

First and foremost. Above all others.

YOU have to get up earlier.

Not me.

YOU!

Figure it out yet or will you just blindly follow?

You know the "quote" feature goes a LONG WAY as to who you're replying too, otherwise you just look like a lost little dog sitting in the middle of the road howling at nothing. You're not a newb, you've been here 12 years, let THAT person know you're replying to them.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I missed it entirely.
    I tried to stay up so I could change all my clocks at 2am but I was too tired and fell asleep. Now I have to wait another 6 months before I can fix this.

In November I'll move the clocks forward an hour (to make up for today's mistake) and then move them back an hour to get back on track.

But why 2am? Why not make it during the day when everyone's already awake? Let's just say noon. Then we all just go home for lunch and change our clocks.

I going to call my congressman Monday and suggest this but now that I screwed up my clocks, there's going to be an hour delay in our call.
    That's going to suck. :xmad:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I missed it entirely.
    I tried to stay up so I could change all my clocks at 2am but I was too tired and fell asleep. Now I have to wait another 6 months before I can fix this.

Now in November I'll move the clocks forward an hour (to make up for today's mistake) and then move them back an hour to get back on track.
    But why 2am? Why not make it during the day when everyone's already awake? Let's just say noon. Then we all just go home for lunch and change our clocks.

I going to call my congressman Monday and suggest this but now that I screwed up my clocks, there's going to be an hour delay in our call.
    That's going to suck. :xmad:

So what's it like living one hour in the future? Please tell us when the lottery numbers are picked next...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So what's it like living one hour in the future? Please tell us when the lottery numbers are picked next...

I will let you know in an hour.... when your post catches up to me so I can read it.

or did I already read it an hour ago.....

WHEN AM I? :crying:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I like having an extra hour of light after the common workday. I want an extra hour of light after the common workday. I have an extra hour of light after the common workday...

Obviously you don't like or want it enough to have it year-round. Does that make you a "part-time" or just a "fair-weather" daylight time supporter? :):

Guess that means I support having evening daylight more than you do. :yesway:

Stop giving it back. Just keep it. :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK people. This does not have to get angry as that is seriously childish over such a non-issue. There. I said it. Sue me. Please.

The clocks have been adjusted. Nobody died. To my knowledge anyway.

Now...…...KITFO OK...……:nono:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    OK people. This does not have to get angry as that is seriously childish over such a non-issue. There. I said it. Sue me. Please.

The clocks have been adjusted. Nobody died. To my knowledge anyway.

Now...…...KITFO OK...……:nono:

But you already posted this an hour ago. :dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm down to just a couple of battery clocks that need adjusted. Everything else is a smart clock (including the one on my wrist,) that adjusts itself accordingly.

I'm looking forward to an extra our of evening sunlight. Lottsa garden and fishing rod work to be done then... ;)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I'm looking forward to an extra our of evening sunlight. Lottsa garden and fishing rod work to be done then... ;)

It only seems "extra" now because you gave it up for 4 months.

Is there any good reason to keep abandoning this evening light you claim to want rather than just keeping it and enjoying it year-round?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have suspected you were a sick individual, but now know the depths of that sickness. How can anyone sane get up for a new day before the drunks get home? LOL

No wonder you want happy hour, that your last call...

Guilty on the first part, but I actually voted to keep the rules the same on happy hour. I just said I remembered happy hour and slamming as many drinks as I could in that 2 or 3 hour window. Back then I stayed up late like "normal" people. :laugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I do know that my work day starts at 4 a.m. tomorrow just like normal (when I work from home). I find it usually takes me a few days to adjust. Fortunately I'm working from home, so I can take a nap on my lunch hour. :)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I'm looking forward to an extra our of evening sunlight. Lottsa garden and fishing rod work to be done then... ;)

It only seems "extra" now because you gave it up for 4 months.

Is there any good reason to keep abandoning this evening light you claim to want rather than just keeping it and enjoying it year-round?

I know that your wisdom rivals God :rolleyes:, but I gave up nothing during the four months of short days.

Now that we again start into long days vs nights, I'll take the extra hour. After business hours, at the end of the day. Thank you! ;)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Obviously you don't like or want it enough to have it year-round. Does that make you a "part-time" or just a "fair-weather" daylight time supporter? :):

Guess that means I support having evening daylight more than you do. :yesway:

Stop giving it back. Just keep it. :cool:

Personally I'm good with that. I couldn't care less if Christmas Day sunrise was at 9 AM, but apparently some that like the light after work on the summer days don't want a sunrise that late and prefer to switch back for four months...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This AP poll is 6 months old, but quite relevant:

71% want to end the practice of changing the clocks

But by the logic of the headline there are two other equally relevant headlines they could have opted to use.

68% don't want DST.

59% don't want standard time.

All are equally true based on the results.

And predictably the poll was done as the dreaded changing of the clocks looms.

The problem with the question to me is the abstract nature of its formulation, I would prefer to see opinion data on specific sunrise and sunset options. An explanation of actual real world times associated with each option.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And when are we posting in this thread??

Uhhhhh, oh, I know that one, when the butt-hurt sweat changing clocks. LOL

It reminds me of the anti-smoking folks and all the reasons they cited to use government to control it, it was never all the arguments they presented, it was just that they personally hated the smell.

I like the posters that just admit they hate changing clocks and the early risers that are honest about it, just as I am clear I like the late day sun.

Last edited:

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I blame the government for my 2yr old not wanting to go to bed at his normal time. I could be pantsless, eating cheetos and watching startrek right now and it's the government's fault I'm not.
    That is all.

Top Bottom