• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I certainly did not think you would or should move. I find most people who don't like DST never dig into this issue to understand the other side. Sorry it does not work for you. In real life I know no one that hates DST.

I find most people who don't like DST never dig into this issue to understand the other side.
    Funny.
    I was going to say the same thing about your argument.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Want to swap sides and I'll present the other side? LOL

I can state all the arguments that you, and others, have stated.
    I understand them.
    I disagree with them.

Switch the clocks wherever you choose.
    I DON'T CARE.
    But then, LEAVE THEM THERE.

I has NOTHING to do with effort of changing the clock.
    It has EVERYTHING to do with changing the body.

I've flown to different time zones.
    I've even dealt with being on a submarine crossing multiple time zones and having to switch the clocks for operational necessity.
    These at least have reasons I agree with.
    I'm moving to different places on the earth.

This has nothing to do with me moving to a different location.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    IN order to mitigate the problems around changing clocks by one hour, I propose we lessen the impact by changing them one minute each day for two months.

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    What argument is there for daylight SHEEPLE time that actually makes sense?

There are none. SHEEPLE time is an excersize in blind conformity

It doesn't make the day longer, it doesn't make more daylight, it doesn't save electricity

Do this. Get your lazy ass out of bed. Start there. Try that.

Then let us know all about it.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Let us just stop changing the time or do the only thing that makes sense. We could all put a sundial in the yard. Every day at noon we will adjust our clocks to noon.

mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    You really got that from my post, a post promoting the benefits of daylight later in the day vs. in the early morning? That is actually a double down proposal. Central time would make all sunsets an hour earlier than they are now and DST would make them a total of 2 hours earlier than eastern without DST. Take September 20th, eastern DST sunset is about 7:45, eastern standard time and central DST would be 6:45, while central standard time the sunset would be 5:45. Just who benefits from sunset then?

On or around September 20 I will finish work and have time to get things done at home.

Indiana has found that being on the same time as New York business and financial markets make sense.

Using your argument for business. The southeastern counties that were on the same time as Ohio should have been way more wealthy than the counties in the northwest that were on Chicago time. Try to explain that to me. I have traveled through both areas and that dog wont hunt.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They may be doing that, but most will not because they will not go alone, DST only gets changed at the federal level and it was just a few years ago the Feds extended DST, I've heard no serious rumbling about changing it nationally. It appears to me that for the largest population centers DST works very well.

Besides those butt-hurt they must change clocks, the majority of complaints in our region come from early risers. As I explained previously here, time zones have leading and trailing edges. June 22, the day after solstice, NY has sunset at 8:31PM, doubt many are complaining it is too late there like some do here, you think they really want a 7:31PM sunset on the longest days of the year? The LA sunset is earlier on the same day at 8:08PM, so unlikely to get support there either.

The prediction of change in DST is just wishful thinking. My best advice is to learn to enjoy it, we have fantastic evenings with light to do stuff. We have plenty of hibernation time in the winter...

Well, one could just as easily tell the late risers to get up and start work earlier, and then they'd still have plenty of light left when they got off work earlier. :)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What argument is there for daylight SHEEPLE time that actually makes sense?

There are none. SHEEPLE time is an excersize in blind conformity

It doesn't make the day longer, it doesn't make more daylight, it doesn't save electricity

Do this. Get your lazy ass out of bed. Start there. Try that.

Then let us know all about it.

Yep, for guys that live in caves and still drag their woman around by the hair, there is no argument for DST. For modern families there are many reasons as I have enumerated here many times...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Using your argument for business. The southeastern counties that were on the same time as Ohio should have been way more wealthy than the counties in the northwest that were on Chicago time. Try to explain that to me. I have traveled through both areas and that dog wont hunt.

You want to compare the freedom area out of Chicagostan to poor rural areas in SE Indiana? Talk about dogs that won't hunt...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, one could just as easily tell the late risers to get up and start work earlier, and then they'd still have plenty of light left when they got off work earlier. :)

What the heck is someone going to do with an hour of daylight isolated by itself from 5AM-6AM? Cannot use it for golf, no other time to add to it. Can't shoot either, too dang early, ranges not open and rude to neighboring places at home. Kids games are not then. Can't run errands most places not open. WHY? Because society is not functioning at that hour, put that hour of daylight where it can be productively used. Just what would be a productive use of that time at 5AM?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What the heck is someone going to do with an hour of daylight isolated by itself from 5AM-6AM? Cannot use it for golf, no other time to add to it. Can't shoot either, too dang early, ranges not open and rude to neighboring places at home. Kids games are not then. Can't run errands most places not open. WHY? Because society is not functioning at that hour, put that hour of daylight where it can be productively used. Just what would be a productive use of that time at 5AM?

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Man I always anticipate this thread coming back 2 times a year. A whole lot of nothing about NADA.

That is merely my personal opinion so that and a dollar fifty will get you a crap cup of :coffee: at the local gas station.

Carry on peoples.

mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    You want to compare the freedom area out of Chicagostan to poor rural areas in SE Indiana? Talk about dogs that won't hunt...

Why are those areas in the south east poor? they are on the prosperous eastern time zone. The stupid ones that picked the central time zone should all be poor. Just using your argument.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Well, let's see. I signed in to work at 4 a.m. today and I've been productive, so "work" is a productive thing to do at that time. I'll be done with work at 3 p.m. (assuming I don't have to work over like I did yesterday), so still plenty of productive outdoor daylight left at 3 p.m.. Look, I know it's not for everyone. I get it. But it's a personal preference for me, just like starting later is a personal preference for others.

Top Bottom