• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Why should I fiddle with a clock twice a year because the lazy and mentally weak can't get out of bed?

Somehow they need to pretend it stays light longer?

How many here have a work schedule that starts as early as possible and you stay at it until the task is finished?

No, I'm not a rebel. I'm a non participant in the sheep mentality.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why should I fiddle with a clock twice a year because the lazy and mentally weak can't get out of bed?

Somehow they need to pretend it stays light longer?

How many here have a work schedule that starts as early as possible and you stay at it until the task is finished?

No, I'm not a rebel. I'm a non participant in the sheep mentality.

We "Fiddle" with the clock to move the daylight hours to where they are most useful to the most people, no pretense needed, it works. The very next day after we "fiddle" with the clocks there will be one hour more light after work than the week before for most people. If one works an exceptionally long day it likely will not matter to them but it will to a significant portion of society.

The last sentence goes off track. Folks that work until 5ish everyday, a sizable majority of our society, that enjoy more daylight after work to get things done at home, play sports, even work a second job, are not sheep. They just have different needs than you and as majority they get it...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We "Fiddle" with the clock to move the daylight hours to where they are most useful to the most people, no pretense needed, it works. The very next day after we "fiddle" with the clocks there will be one hour more light after work than the week before for most people. If one works an exceptionally long day it likely will not matter to them but it will to a significant portion of society.

The last sentence goes off track. Folks that work until 5ish everyday, a sizable majority of our society, that enjoy more daylight after work to get things done at home, play sports, even work a second job, are not sheep. They just have different needs than you and as majority they get it...

Just remember, "sheep mentality" is often misused as code for "anything widely excepted, but with wihch I disagree."

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Meh, we change our clocks to suit some argument...none of the rest of nature cares what time we think it is. Doing away with DST would impact nothing other than making us figuring out what time it's supposed to be twice a year. I have a couple of farmer friends who NEVER change their clocks because the horses want to be fed and the cows want to be milked same time as yesterday and they don't understand 6am being a different hour than yesterday just because DST.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Meh, we change our clocks to suit some argument...none of the rest of nature cares what time we think it is. Doing away with DST would impact nothing other than making us figuring out what time it's supposed to be twice a year. I have a couple of farmer friends who NEVER change their clocks because the horses want to be fed and the cows want to be milked same time as yesterday and they don't understand 6am being a different hour than yesterday just because DST.

That is just not a true story unless the "farmer" is really a OTG prepper. It is true that the cows and horses want to be fed at the same time and do not generally use watches and clocks, so does the family pet. If the farmer partakes in commerce, he may never change a clock but he has to calculate for it.

Let's take your post to heart and just be one with nature, pass a law eliminating time at all. We can use a combination of feeling, sun position, and light to set business appointments. Time truly has no relation to nature any more than anything else society creates to be efficient...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Then change the clocks, and leave them be.
    Why change back?

Benefits the most?
    Who determines that?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Then change the clocks, and leave them be.
    Why change back?

Benefits the most?
    Who determines that?

DST today is an alignment of daylight with the best use of it relative to the majority. That sunrise and sunset occurr at different times relative to the seasons an adjustment is required to recenter the daylight time in the winter.

The folks that benefit most are are outdoor types that actually use to evening light to recreate or work.

A combination of state and federal representation determine it...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    DST today is an alignment of daylight with the best use of it relative to the majority. That sunrise and sunset occurr at different times relative to the seasons an adjustment is required to recenter the daylight time in the winter.

The folks that benefit most are are outdoor types that actually use to evening light to recreate or work.

Because it works for you, you assume it works for the majority.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Here's an idea.
    To give people more sunshine..
    Make sunrise 3 pm.
    That way they have all that sunlight after work.
    It will benefit the most people.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

And if that were the case, then you'd change the clocks, AND LEAVE THEM.

Already explained...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Because it works for you, you assume it works for the majority.

It does work for me. It is also generally understood that the majority of the public work what you might call days, they benefit from it. I get that your industry is 24/7/365 but most of the world is not. What inconvenience do you or your group experience that not changing would be beneficial to you?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I'm an outdoor type. I also get up between 3:15 and 4:30 a.m. (if I sleep in). I don't like having to wait 3 or 4 hours for the sun to come up so that I can recreate or work outside. There are naturally more daylight hours in the summer, so it is counterintuitive to me to think that we need to extend it even later in the evening when that occurs naturally. I get no additional benefit to have it be light outside when I'm going to bed at 8 or 8:30 p.m.. It would make more sense to just put us in the Central Time zone and leave it be.

Top Bottom